• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W has a MA compliant M&P15-22 out.

I have to ask...

Would these be FID legal? 10 round mags, right?

From the S&W site;
Model: M&P15
Caliber: .22LR
Capacity: 10 Rounds
Action: Blow Back Semi-Auto
Overall Length: 33.75"
Stock: Fixed Position
Sight Radius: 15.5"
Barrel Length: 16"
Barrel Twist: 1 in 16"
Weight (No Mag.): 5.5 lbs.
Trigger Pull: 7 lbs. (approx.)
Upper and Lower Material: Polymer
Barrel Material: 4140 Steel
Finish: Matte Black
Front Sight: Adj. A2 Post
Rear Sight: Adj. Dual Aperture

Hmmm. $499 MSRP. Means it should (theoretically) hit stores at, what, between $400 - $450 or so?

Yeah, I think my plans for a 10/22 just changed...

if they could mod that thing to take 10/22 mags ID buy one. I must have at least 30 preban mags for that little rifle.

I just called S&W and they will be released within the next 2-4 weeks.

I just got an e-mail from the S&W 1852 club that said the version for those in free America will be out in August. Those of us who are under an oppressive regime in Ma. and elsewhere will have to wait till Oct. according to the e-mail.

I just got an e-mail from the S&W 1852 club that said the version for those in free America will be out in August. Those of us who are under an oppressive regime in Ma. and elsewhere will have to wait till Oct. according to the e-mail.

It's a rifle, right? Why would you have to wait for it to be sold by MA dealers to buy it?

It's a rifle, right? Why would you have to wait for it to be sold by MA dealers to buy it?

i forsee a massave mark up. just watch,

i can see the e-mail now

we managed to get 5 of these, they are back-ordered through Fall 2010. we are working with our distributor to acquire more. ACT NOW.​

i would be surprised IF they list for less than $750.

i forsee a massave mark up. just watch,

i can see the e-mail now

we managed to get 5 of these, they are back-ordered through Fall 2010. we are working with our distributor to acquire more. ACT NOW.​

i would be surprised IF they list for less than $750.

Yeah, well, supply, demand, that old song and dance. I'd rather get a preban AR first, but that's just me.

Yeah, well, supply, demand, that old song and dance. I'd rather get a preban AR first, but that's just me.

yup. same here. [wink]

edit:

got the e-mail from the 1812 club today too. [laugh]

The M&P15 rifle line has expanded to now include the new M&P15-22. Chambered in .22LR, the M&P15-22 rifle is built with high strength polymer upper and lower receivers. This creates a reduced weight rifle that retains the looks and operating features of the standard M&P15 rifle. The M&P15-22 will be available in August 2009 and the fixed-stock Compliant model October 2009. Order now from your favorite local dealer!

Last edited by a moderator:
i picked up both the colt licensed dedicated .22 and this s&w dedicated .22, they were both pieces of SH*@... Both went back into the boxes and my dealer sent both back to the distributors. Maybe I just got extra lucky with 2 total pieces of SH*@ but now Im holding out for the sig 522.

Any idea on the street price? If it sold for anything close to MSRP I'd rather spend the money on a dedicated upper.

There was a guy at the labor day Appleseed in Pelham that had a S&W .22 AR. It looked kind of cool, and the right up I read in this months issue of shooting made it out to be a pretty good training rifle. I think I want one, if there were .22 tactical training courses or match's, but as for Appleseed's, I will stick with my 10/22's.

My $.02

Ed

The SR22 is cool but there are plenty of other options to make a 10/22 tacticool. Fulton Armory makes a nice setup.

Back
Top Bottom