S&W Doug Koenig .45

Scrivener, Where did you come from with all the hostility? How about just pointing out the two places I can READ the info I need. Not all of us know everything about everything.But thanks for the info anyway.

Scrivener, Where did you come from with all the hostility? How about just pointing out the two places I can READ the info I need. Not all of us know everything about everything.But thanks for the info anyway.

He's pissed just about everyone on this board off at one point or another. He's even been kicked off for a while. He's not the most pleasant person here. He is def. knowledgeable about the laws etc. as he is an attorney of some sort. He just doesn't have any people skills.

That explains it. So anyway P.P. I can't wait to get my new toy. I should have it in about a week he tells me,but I don't know if the warden will let me use it yet or she's gonna make me wait.

Can you read? Your answer is obtained simply by doing so; specifically, the AFR and new Target Roster. There is NO STI product on either. Period. [rolleyes]

Anyone seeking that level of firearm new has two options:

1. The technologically superior version of the original design, SVI; or

2. Try to get a bare STI frame in, then arrange for it to be built up. An FA-10 would then be filed to register the new firearm.

As SVI was the first 1911 to make the AFR, and is the only maker on the new Target Roster, I suggest it would be the simpler route for those looking to drop $2,500+ for a virtually custom gun.

He's pissed just about everyone on this board off at one point or another. He's even been kicked off for a while. He's not the most pleasant person here. He is def. knowledgeable about the laws etc. as he is an attorney of some sort. He just doesn't have any people skills.

Give Scriv a break. He is simply encouraging you to take your firearm ownership seriously. You have an obligation and responsibility to know and understand the rules, laws, and limitations of firearm ownership in Mass. Don't take his tone as a personal insult, he's not going after you. Consider it "tough love". Besides, better to get a virtual hand slap on a gun forum than commit a crime out in the real world due to ignorance.

That explains it. So anyway P.P. I can't wait to get my new toy. I should have it in about a week he tells me,but I don't know if the warden will let me use it yet or she's gonna make me wait.

I'm glad I could help out. You'll love the gun... What type of shooting are you getting into? If you're looking at getting into any type of action shooting let me know. We shoot at MRA every other Sunday and USPSA every Wed. night.

Pete

I love to shoot steel and mostly i'm at cape anne whenever time allows I also would still be going to danvers on Wed nights if it wasn't this fn cold. I did origionally want to shoot uspsa but buisiness has picked up 10 fold which is good for the pocket but bad for fun and family. Hopefully i could mix it all together, but recently there's no time for anything but sleep.

How about doing some of your own actual research, or at least getting a clue? [slap]

The subject of what is - or is NOT - available in this state has been a continual subject of discussion on this board, and pretty much every other board dealing with firearms in Massachusetts. Where have you been that you are so utterly ignorant of this salient issue?

Note that two entire threads are now revolving around the sale of non-approved guns by BPS and the revelation of that fact to the AG. Yet you managed to miss that also.

You claim to have talked to dealers about the availability of STI's. How is it remotely possible that the AFR and AG's approval was not merely mentioned, but expressly cited? [rolleyes]

In short, where are you coming from with such appalling ignorance?

Hey smartass, I've been a member for three days and have barely been anywhere on this site. I only have been to 2 gun stores and feel quite stupid asking 10,000 questions to a person behind a counter i dont know about guns i can't afford on a whim. Also I'm a newbie w/ a 5 month old liscence. And guess what its a**h***S like you that make me not want to ask questions.I said it before all you had to do was point me in the right direction.

I am fully capable of research if i know where to research.Not all of us are scumbag lawyers and yes i do think that even when i do need your sleezy experties. So if you please i would like to talk reasonable people who will help me and not jerkoffs like you, so get out of my thread!

Jlotta,

Its an open forum, if you have questions, ask. Sometimes things have been covered many times, so a search is the quickest way to get an answer. But don't be shy about posting

We try to help new shooters as much as possible. as you see from PistolPete, people will go out of their way to help perfect strangers.

Don't let him discourage you from posting. I post topics all the time and still get the "do a search" response." Don't worry about this guy. We've all gotten into pissing contests with him. I don't know anyone on here that has said that "he's a nice guy" or "he really wanted to help me out" or "he has a great personality" or "he was so sincere" or well you get the point. 99.99% of the people on this forum are awesome.

If you are ever interested in certain guns someone on this forum prob. already owns one and will be more than happy to let you try it out. I've done it for many on this forum and many have done it for me. Just know that when someone lets you try something out it always costs you money as you usually go out the next day and buy one. LOL

Welcome to the forums.

Pete

I am fully capable of research if i know where to research.Not all of us are scumbag lawyers and yes i do think that even when i do need your sleezy experties. So if you please i would like to talk reasonable people who will help me and not jerkoffs like you, so get out of my thread!

Ouch. That may sound insulting to several folks here. Take the good with the bad and don't let it get to you.

On Topic- I wish we had more choices in MA... the fact is we don't.... unless we get lucky and find something someone brought here. Personally I'd LOVE to get an SVI... some day I will deserve one. [wink]

Just know that when someone lets you try something out it always costs you money as you usually go out the next day and buy one. LOL
Pete

Yea... Pete just cost me 2700 bucks. Not including the new holster I need to buy to fit a long dustcover frame. Thanks alot Pete!

lifetime warranty

I must have missed something, but last i called S&W there was no

such thing as a lifetime warranty... you buy a used S&W and as

a used gun you will have to pay for its repairs,,,

Given there are also PC guns, do they have a different warranty??

I will call them today, i'm curious myself.

JimB

Yea... Pete just cost me 2700 bucks. Not including the new holster I need to buy to fit a long dustcover frame. Thanks alot Pete!

Just wait till you figure out all the other components you're gonna need. Add at least another $700. Don't worry though you cost me $900 plus prob. another $400 in accessories. Oh well can't win them all.

Pete

I must have missed something, but last i called S&W there was no

such thing as a lifetime warranty... you buy a used S&W and as

a used gun you will have to pay for its repairs,,,

Given there are also PC guns, do they have a different warranty??

I will call them today, i'm curious myself.

JimB

The S+W warranty is one of those things thats "implied but not
expressed". What they say it is and what it actually is end up
being two different things. I've bought a few used S+Ws, had
them serviced, and never been charged at any time.

-Mike

Scrivener, I feel I should apologize to you about my rant last night. I think maybee if I gave out my history first none of it would have happened. So for that I'm sorry.

Back
Top Bottom