• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W 500

I was at Bass Pro Shop today and was checking out the S&W 500. I suppose if I had to jump out of a plane over Alaska and take out polar bears in order to survive, this would be an excellent tool.

Is there any practical application for having a gun like this around here? Please say there is, I would really like to justify in my mind...no matter how faulty the logic...the purchase of one...maybe for my birfday next year.

Last edited:
Well, I have been known to carry one concealed once and a while.

Practical application? Punkins, Era bottles, scaring the crap out of Bullseye shooters (no offense) and having the biggest boomer on the range! Even guys with 12 gauges stop and look when my babies spout off!

P.S. I even know a couple of cuties on this board who like to shoot them! NOT YOU EDDIE!

Practical application? Punkins, Era bottles, scaring the crap out of Bullseye shooters (no offense) and having the biggest boomer on the range! Even guys with 12 gauges stop and look when my babies spout off!

P.S. I even know a couple of cuties on this board who like to shoot them! NOT YOU EDDIE!

I could picture myself owning a snubbie. Maybe not hitting anything with it, but owning it. The one I noticed at BPS was an 8, maybe a 10 inch one. I don't know the lengths they come in, but it was almost a foot long, I swear.

HEY!!!

I have two, and a .460 as well. Shooting these guns is as much fun as you can have with your clothes on. Loading for them is fun too.

I'm certainly going to try and get some ammo for one of these beasts so I can try one at the shoot. I would love to get one. My only issue is an average round costs about $2.00 -- I would have to start reloading first.

Jim - how much cheaper would it be to reload vs. buy ammo for one?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom