• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Russian SVD/Dragunov Purchase in Mass

Can a Russian Dragunov in 7.62x54R that was only produced with a 10 round magazine be purchased with an FID card in Mass. As in (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=83512840) If anyone knows, could you direct me to the location of the info on an official site or a CMR section.
Yes I have looked at the relavent lists at the AG and CHRB sites. Thanks to all.
mike

If you had looked at the list, you would have seen that it is NOT listed on the Large Capacity Firearms roster. Moreover, Dragunov mags are not available with higher than 10 round capacity mags, so the rifle cannot be considered large capacity in that regard either.

Next time, try actually reading the list instead of just looking at it. All the pertinent information is right there.

No I did not see it listed on the list that I READ either but was wondering if anyone had any other information on it or anywhere else I may have missed. Perhaps some first hand knowledge.
Thanks for the answer, no thanks for the attitude.

Yeah, you could (at least in theory) buy one with an FID but if
you're transferring one in it would behoove you to check with the
FFL you're going through beforehand. Some of them do not completely
understand the law and will deny a lot of transfers of certain
detachable magazine fed rifles to FID holders. (I've seen more than one
dealer, for instance, that would not transfer a ruger Mini-14 w/10 rnd mag
or a 10/22, despite the fact that neither one of them is on the roster or
comes kitted from the factory with a mag greater than 10 rounds. )
The dealers are obviously wrong in many cases but it is easier to find another
one than try to change their mind about it by arguing with them.

-Mike

If you had looked at the list, you would have seen that it is NOT listed on the Large Capacity Firearms roster. Moreover, Dragunov mags are not available with higher than 10 round capacity mags, so the rifle cannot be considered large capacity in that regard either.

Next time, try actually reading the list instead of just looking at it. All the pertinent information is right there.
It’s absolutely absurd that Massachusetts thinks a 30 round magazine is large capacity. A 30 round magazine is considered standard capacity for the vast majority of semi automatic rifles. This is a clearcut case of uneducated individuals creating firearms laws. This is why Massachusetts is a joke.

It’s absolutely absurd that Massachusetts thinks a 30 round magazine is large capacity. A 30 round magazine is considered standard capacity for the vast majority of semi automatic rifles. This is a clearcut case of uneducated individuals creating firearms laws. This is why Massachusetts is a joke.
I can understand the SVD being a 10 round magazine, considering it’s such a large caliber, and the thing is practically a sniper rifle. But an A.R. 15 with a 10 round magazine is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom