• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Russian Ambassador shot in Turkey

Closer shot of the gun

_93037621_hi036959197.jpg

Bombers aren't departing from a mile long runway. That size runway is pretty much the minimum for bizjets.

You are correct, it never came up on our specs on length of runway, just who was based and who visited the bases. I figured a mile was enough - not nearly, Clark AB had a 10K+ foot long as does Guam. I never made it to the European Area - my bad.

I did look on google earth, they appear to have a substantial fighter/bomber unit there.

The attacker reportedly shouted “Don’t forget Aleppo! Don’t forget Syria! As long as our brothers are not safe, you will not enjoy safety” according to a footage released on Dutch website nos.nl.

“Whoever has a share in this oppression will pay for it one-by-one,” he added.

“Only death will take me away from here.” He also recited "God is great" before talking in Turkish.

dude has a point

Putin said the response will be "robust" and Russia is blaming NATO.

Last edited:
Assassins are one of two things:
1: paid messengers
2: insane cowards shooting non combatants.

I don't think that he is an assassin. He was clear about this being a payback for Aleppo. Russians have been bombing the piss out of civs there and bitching that Syrians stage dead bodies. I don't know of any good pics to post of some of the carnage.

Man, how many threads about this are there?

This whole thing seems off somehow. It happened to be on camera? I don't see a lot of blood, I know it might not be the case, but no exit wounds either. Putin is saying the response will be "robust", and his minions are blaming NATO. This guy is dressed like a pauper, I know Russian public service doesn't make you rich but...

Didn't take long for the Alcoa Investors Group to fire up the calliope organ thing on this one....

[video=youtube_share;SFgqDSBba1g]http://youtu.be/SFgqDSBba1g[/video]
This lady is pretty good....

"Shooter" looks like he's posing for a photo opportunity. Curious that a random bystander would expose himself in front of an active shooter to snap a photo.

It was a press event. Camera guy did a pretty good job if you ask me. Plus with modern cameras they can simply look at the display screen and poke the camera around a corner if they have to.

"Shooter" looks like he's posing for a photo opportunity. Curious that a random bystander would expose himself in front of an active shooter to snap a photo.

"The gunshots, at least eight of them, were loud in the pristine art gallery. Pandemonium erupted. People screamed, hid behind columns and under tables and lay on the floor. I was afraid and confused, but found partial cover behind a wall and did my job: taking photographs."

https://apnews.com/eadca282d5d341a79bb464bbadc4fa11

This whole thing seems off somehow. It happened to be on camera? I don't see a lot of blood, I know it might not be the case, but no exit wounds either. Putin is saying the response will be "robust", and his minions are blaming NATO. This guy is dressed like a pauper, I know Russian public service doesn't make you rich but...

A foreign ambassador was speaking at an event- why *wouldn't* it be recorded? The press was there, people were recording with their phones, etc. And for blood, it's there if you look.

The assassin stood around and waited for police to arrive so he could be killed? What?

It seems like a no-so-elaborate escape plan might have been "walk away" afterwards. Why stick around to be killed?

Don't forget that Russia is still a little pissed at Turkey over the denial of Russian Black Sea fleet to use the Straights of Bosporus.

There is more than a passing chance that the ambassador was a sacrificial lamb to give Putin a "justification" to up the ante.

The assassin stood around and waited for police to arrive so he could be killed? What?

It seems like a no-so-elaborate escape plan might have been "walk away" afterwards. Why stick around to be killed?
Well because Putin is an ex KGB spin master who has manipulated everything in Russia to his own advantage. He has no qualms about offing people to further his agenda. So I don't think questioning what is going on is all tinfoil. Critical thinking.

Putin is also into payback and he has a grudge with Turkey.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom