Russian Ambassador shot in Turkey

BostonVI

NES Member
This could get interesting...

The Russian ambassador to Ankara, Andrei Karlov, has been shot and seriously injured while visiting a photo gallery in the Turkish capital.

Several other people were reportedly also injured in the attack, a day after protests in Turkey over Russia's military intervention in Syria.

Mr Karlov was taken to hospital to be treated for his injuries.

According to Russian TV, the ambassador had been attending an exhibition called "Russia as seen by Turks".

Turkish media say Mr Karlov was making a speech when he was shot in the back by a gunman.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38369962

Russian Ambassador to Turkey ASSASSINATED !!!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-...or-turkey-has-been-shot-condition-unknown-cnn

Alla-Snack bar's again

Let's see the different response from Putin to 0bama.

I also notice a thread between the Turkish Ambassador speaking with Ambassador Steven just before the Benghazi Attack.......

Updated now that he has died. Yes, I do feel badly for the guys family; and I will also feel badly for the thousands that will die in a Russian response.

**** Bull Cookies - should have gone in OT ****

Last edited:
Last edited:
Oh right. I can't keep my state and non-state actors and their various interests straight over there. Turkey seems to be particularly convoluted.

It's because of the mass murder in Aleppo committed by Putin and Assad. Little Puty will have a hissy fit and Erdogan will have his pee pee whacked. They both deserve each other but Little Puty won't look kindly on this insult to his manhood. Remember the hissy fit he had when the Turks shot down one of his fighter planes. Erdogan had to kiss the ring and apologize.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm, on second thought maybe it was a liberal Dem still pissed at Putin for "stealing" the election.

So Turkey's still in NATO. Are we sure this guy that just got shot in the back wasn't an archduke?

Last edited:
The assassination took place in the capitol according to CNN and they just ran a video. The assassin was behind and to the left of the ambassador (right side camera angle) - no security anywhere near, no returned fire video went on for over a minute with no response.

The Russians are going to be pissed - TU-160 (Blackjacks) have got to be warming up, and my guess they have already been pre-staged in Crimea, the airfield just north of Sevastapol has a 1mile long runway.

Kiev and Saratov (Listed home bases) aren't all that far either, but the Russians have a tendency to forward deploy bombers regularly, just like we do.

I list TU-160 as the most likely response platform as it can carry a lot and is supersonic, closely related to our B-1B but as much range iirc.

Last edited:
The assassination took place in the capitol according to CNN and they just ran a video. The assassin was behind and to the left of the ambassador (right side camera angle) - no security anywhere near, no returned fire video went on for over a minute with no response.

The Russians are going to be pissed - TU-160 (Blackjacks) have got to be warming up, and my guess they have already been pre-staged in Crimea, the airfield just north of Sevastapol has a 1mile long runway.

Kiev and Saratov (Listed home bases) aren't all that far either, but the Russians have a tendency to forward deploy bombers regularly, just like we do.

I list TU-160 as the most likely response platform as it can carry a lot and is supersonic, closely related to our B-1B but as much range iirc.

They have to put it together first

7a5749910d29ba042125f821f00.jpg

I would not want to piss Putin off. This seems like a sure-fire way to do that. It's going to be interesting.

He needs to be careful about how he responds to a NATO member. NATO needs to be careful about the company it keeps.

So, are the US is the same side as the Assassin? All I have heard for the past few weeks from the Dems is how Russia is our mortal enemy for "influencing our elections" (ignore the rampant voter fraud in Detroit). [thinking]

I don't see Russsia attacking Turkey. It wasn't an act by Turkey and I'm sure they are as interested in finding out who the attacker is affiliated with as are the Russians. The Turks have been pulling away from the US for several years now and the only reason NATO hasn't kicked them out is because that would work well for the Russians.

I would expect that the Russians would at least like to be in on the "interview" of the suspect.

It's really weird that the Russians didn't have better security for their Ambassador. You'd think that Hillary Clinton was the Foreign Secretary.

Ehh, a little duct tape, Gorilla Glue, and JB Weld, and it will be right as rain in no time.

They have to put it together first

View attachment 185494

Last edited:
I would not want to piss Putin off. This seems like a sure-fire way to do that. It's going to be interesting.
**** him, he needs his pee pee slapped big time. The Little Colonel needs to be put in his place soon, Barry didn't have the balls to do it and it looks like Trump might try to appease him. Trump needs to learn to hate the little KGB operative and realize he can't be trusted. He is no friend of the West. Let the sanctions begin.

To those who think Russia will just have its way with turkey. Will likely be chalked up to terrorism and they will move on.

Last edited by a moderator:
**** him, he needs his pee pee slapped big time. The Little Colonel needs to be put in his place soon, Barry didn't have the balls to do it and it looks like Trump might try to appease him. Trump needs to learn to hate the little KGB operative and realize he can't be trusted. He is no friend of the West. Let the sanctions begin.
I don't think you really understand how bad an idea tangling with Russia is? We need to leave them alone and they need to leave us alone. We don't need to be doing any "pee pee" slapping.

I don't think you really understand how bad an idea tangling with Russia is? We need to leave them alone and they need to leave us alone. We don't need to be doing any "pee pee" slapping.

Remove nukes and we wipe the floor with them. The Russian military is ill equipped to do anything other than operate defensively.

Russia could not successfully invade Turkey. Never mind a tango with NATO.

Back
Top Bottom