• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Russian Ambassador shot in Turkey

The assassin stood around and waited for police to arrive so he could be killed? What?

It seems like a no-so-elaborate escape plan might have been "walk away" afterwards. Why stick around to be killed?

This way he got to hang around and make a statement, and then when the police arrived he was shown the way to his 72 raisins. He probably figured he had less than a minute. Who knew he'd be the only one around with a gun?

Change into a white polyester leisure suite and that's John Travolta in Saturday night fever.

russian-ambassador-shooter-turkey.jpg

Sent from State prison using contraband cell phone.

Last edited:
Interesting interview with the photographer. Sounds like a true pro, and an honest one.

Why are there still two threads about this?

We left them open just to piss you off. [rofl] (I kid, I kid. ) The reality of the situation was there were at least 3 dupes on this thing and one of them slipped through. I merged all the crap together between the two big ones.

Many possible levels to this one:
  1. Lone wolf Muslim, angry at Russia for their actions in Syria, offs the ambassador as a target of opportunity
  2. Syrian rebel group, operating in Turkey, recruits unwitting, sacrificial lamb for revenge assassination
  3. Rogue element within Turkish government, possibly part of JDP, angry about Erdogan having to back off from Russia, direct assassination using sacrificial agent. Could also pose as rebel group to look like #2.
  4. Turkish government directs the assassination as a covert suicide mission, to get back at Russia over their humiliation. Could also pose as rebel group to look like #2.
  5. Russians stage false flag operation to further humiliate Turkey and try to force them to back away from Syrian rebels. Could pose as any of the above options.
The tinfoil could be strong, or who knows? Remember, "byzantine" originated in what is now Turkey

"Shooter" looks like he's posing for a photo opportunity. Curious that a random bystander would expose himself in front of an active shooter to snap a photo.

[h=1]Associated Press photographer recounts the shocking moment Russian ambassador was assassinated[/h]

This is what I was thinking: 'I'm here. Even if I get hit and injured, or killed, I'm a journalist. I have to do my work. I could run away without making any photos. ... But I wouldn't have a proper answer if people later ask me: 'Why didn't you take pictures?''

I even thought about friends and colleagues who have died while taking photographs in conflict zones over the years.

Back
Top Bottom