Rumor of the Day: Remington Has Fired All AAC Personnel

According to an article in the local Utica paper this am the 1911 and Bushmaster lines will be moved to Huntsville. 80 jobs will be lost in Ilion.

I'm so done with Remington, it's not even funny. First, their own QC went down the tubes in the name of monetary savings, leaving owners with a product that is vastly inferior to their old production. Now, they pull the same crap with AAC. So, their suppressors won't be a viable option anymore, shortly. They have a way to screw things up. Savage it is. Or Stiller, Surgeon, or Montana rifle works. But certainly no more Remy products.

Yeash. Savage is terrible and way too low-brow for someone who speaks of Stiller and Surgeon. I gave their 308 a try and the runout was so bad that I had to have the barrel rethreaded on a brand-new rifle. But sure, the others are awesome rifles. Man, Savage, never.

So the same thing they did moving Bushmaster to NY is happening again. Most of the workforce will not move, new workers will be hired. Quality will plummet as the new workers have no experience and knowledge from working with the product for years. QC and repairs will be in the toilet until the new people actually learn the product.

Basically Remington buys companies for their product, not their experience, knowledge or quality.

...and customer base.

It's the conglomerate way of doing business.

Back
Top Bottom