Ruling in Palmer v. D.C handed down, Gura wins again

The DC circuit court of appeals Reid and obama eliminated the filibuster to pack. They did it mainly for EPA regulations, obamacare, etc but they stuff it with rubberstamps.

Your phrasing makes it feel like less of a win [sad2]. On a positive note there are far worse lawyers out there so if anyone is going to get paid SAF is a worthy bunch.

The post title was mine, the article title was not. I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Anyway....

Palmer was a limited win in that DC is now accepting carry license applications. The problem is that they're requiring a showing of 'good reason' which is contrary to the court's ruling in Palmer. These new regulations are being challenged in Wrenn v. DC. Stay tuned, it continues......

Are we going to see him holding up another large check?

I'd rather see him all over the nightly news. He needs to throw press conferences, and then send the video in to all the networks. He needs to find a friend in the AP, so it gets into the main stream of news. Show him and a bunch of cops, dignitaries, minorities, and women standing around podiums and tables congratulating one another. THIS is how the other side does it, and the people play into their hands.

I'd rather see him all over the nightly news. He needs to throw press conferences, and then send the video in to all the networks. He needs to find a friend in the AP, so it gets into the main stream of news. Show him and a bunch of cops, dignitaries, minorities, and women standing around podiums and tables congratulating one another. THIS is how the other side does it, and the people play into their hands.

No, just no. This is not how law is practiced.

No, just no. This is not how law is practiced.

Are you referring to this:
turner081314METROgunbill20.jpg
Obama-Gun-Control_2539654b.jpg
131212_CRIME_GunDeaths-Obama.jpg.CROP.promo-mediumlarge.jpg

Or this:
IMG_2237.jpg
SAF_SCOTUS_Lawsuit_Check.jpg

The post title was mine, the article title was not. I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Anyway....

Palmer was a limited win in that DC is now accepting carry license applications. The problem is that they're requiring a showing of 'good reason' which is contrary to the court's ruling in Palmer. These new regulations are being challenged in Wrenn v. DC. Stay tuned, it continues......

Just the bit about "your rights got trampled, your lawyers get a check from the .gov".

You can "throw press conferences" all you want but the "press" isn't going to show up.

it means way, way, more than that. It means that the plaintiff won their case. So, not only is the law they were attacking struck down, but the defendant has to pay for the legal costs of both sides in the case. It's a double win. First, an unfair law is struck down. Second, the people who pushed and defended that unfair law have to pay for the privilege of having the court smack them around in it's decision.

Nothing to be sad about there.

Just the bit about "your rights got trampled, your lawyers get a check from the .gov".

it means way, way, more than that. It means that the plaintiff won their case. So, not only is the law they were attacking struck down, but the defendant has to pay for the legal costs of both sides in the case. It's a double win. First, an unfair law is struck down. Second, the people who pushed and defended that unfair law have to pay for the privilege of having the court smack them around in it's decision.

Nothing to be sad about there.

The people get to pay, and not the people responsible for the infringement. Plenty sad about that. If those responsible for violating the law and people's rights were personally held accountable for their actions that would be a win. But they aren't and hat is precisely why it will always continue to happen.

The people get to pay, and not the people responsible for the infringement. Plenty sad about that. If those responsible for violating the law and people's rights were personally held accountable for their actions that would be a win. But they aren't and hat is precisely why it will always continue to happen.

After the pro-2A supporters gave in (since 1934), it's about time in the last 20 years that we bring the fight for our rights into the courts. And, with well thought out plans and cases, we are finally winning in court.

Let's push the anti-2A crowd back to the oceans on both coasts. They should all drown for the unconstitutional laws that they have supported and passed.

http://youtu.be/znZpNZuh8_c

Good analogy. We need absolute and unforgiving pushback. The antis are more than happy to whittle away our rights. Conversely, if you try to restrict any of their ideas or rights they get to pissy and come out for blood.

Last edited:
I'd rather see him all over the nightly news. He needs to throw press conferences, and then send the video in to all the networks. He needs to find a friend in the AP, so it gets into the main stream of news.

Yeah. that'll happen right around the time pigs make regularly scheduled flights in and out of logan airport. And I receieve the free unicorn I was promised.

Show him and a bunch of cops, dignitaries, minorities, and women standing around podiums and tables congratulating one another. THIS is how the other side does it, and the people play into their hands.

Lol, keep dreaming. Media only lets the anointed do dog and pony shows.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom