Rugers version of the AR15

Have you tried their .30Rem AR round yet? And yes, these are just hunting rifles. They are just of a different colour. Diversity. This is diversity as it's best.

somewhere in america, a mall ninja just jizzed in his pants.

anyway, looks like a nice rifle... good to have more options... = more competition

but i don't see myself buying one.

My next AR will be a piston operated one. Considering a piston upper costs around $1k for a quality upper, having a matched package for $500 more than a mid-range gas operated one seems like a decent deal to me. At this point in time, building one from scratch isn't something I feel like tackling on my own. I'm still doing some research on those POF guns, now I have another to look at. Having fired one, they can be finicky until you get it dialed in. But I think if you do a lot of shooting, it opens up using lower grade rounds without gumming up the gun. I witnessed 2-300 rounds of Wolf through this 9in select fire with no carbon buildup on any of the moving parts or internals. Doing the same firing through my gun would lead to an hour cleaning just the one gun, sometimes I spend that on just the reciever after shooting wolf. Improvements can always be made. I just hope they did enough testing to make sure all the bugs are out of the system.

The original traitor to the cause, I won't even touch a Ruger!!!

[angry]

IDK... I have a mini 14 that i wouldnt give up and as ugly as it may be, my p85 is reliable as hell... so is the sp101

so... yes, Bill 'never intended for high capacity guns for civilians' but, i still have them, and tough crap for Bill. Ruger makes good, reliable guns... and in a state where our options are limited... beggers can't be choosers

I wonder if this has been in development for awhile or if it was rushed through in order to get in on the Obama/panic buying frenzy?

I'd take one on the simple fact that I have never had any problem whatsoever with any Ruger firearms I have owned. With the exception of a broken disconnector on one of my mk1's, and that gun is older than I am.

The Ruger famliy doesn't own the company anymore. It is time to lay to rest what Bill Ruger did and move on. I have held one of these guns in my hand and it looked like a realy nice rifle (I work at Ruger now). I liked the way it is set up. If I was to build a AR-15, it would be like the Ruger. It's too bad that peolpe in MA and CT won't be able to get them the way that they are now. They have a collapsable stock and flash hider and come with 3 C-product mags. I saw dealer cost from a distrubutor and retail price I would think should be around $1500-$1600. I want to get one when they come out.

Think it might have anything to do with the current Mil Contract for Rifles being up for grabs? Maybe Ruger is hoping to get a chunk of that?

The Ruger famliy doesn't own the company anymore. It is time to lay to rest what Bill Ruger did and move on. I have held one of these guns in my hand and it looked like a realy nice rifle (I work at Ruger now). I liked the way it is set up. If I was to build a AR-15, it would be like the Ruger. It's too bad that peolpe in MA and CT won't be able to get them the way that they are now. They have a collapsable stock and flash hider and come with 3 C-product mags. I saw dealer cost from a distrubutor and retail price I would think should be around $1500-$1600. I want to get one when they come out.

Still too expensive for what it is.

And when Tapco parts are considered an "upgrade" it really says something.

It is time to lay to rest what Bill Ruger did and move on.
Ruger's actions have gong a long way to healing the wound inflicted by Bill Ruger, however, those of us in MA, NY, CA, HI, NJ and MD continue to exist with magazine limits made possible in large part by his efforts to get congress to include a mag limit in the 1994 ban (which was the inspiration for these state laws).

I would be much easier for people to "move on" if Ruger management would formally, and public, repudiate the actions of Bill Ruger on the magazine ban. To do otherwise is like saying "Yeah, my family owned slaves, time to move on" - without ever acknowledging that the actions of the earlier generation were wrong.

Can you suggest this to senior management at your employer?

Yeah, lots of Troy hardware on this Ruger. I am surprised by the price point. Suggested retail is $1,995. Even if this ends up being a $1600 street price, one can put together a great AR for that kind of money, or pick up a Colt 6920 for even less (current market conditions aside). I like some of Ruger's products, but for that kind of money I would take a Colt or build a LaRue or Noveske rifle.

Yep, another overpriced AR frankenstein style. You can have a 6920 for 1550 still. Ask me how I know. [smile]

Looks pretty nice, but I'm wondering why they didn't include the Magpul CTR stock, considering they have all of the other bells and whisles. I find the standard M4 stock kind of...sucks with all of the rattle.

I want every damn company producing AR style rifles and everyone to have one (or two or three). That way when They try and get them there are more people to complain. My current favorite is this by Remington

It's just a hunting rifle right?

Its got woodland camo, that means its not dangerous, right??

The fact that Bill ruger is dead is probably the best thing that hapened to that company, they've been coming out with some new,interesting pieces in the last couple of years.Gotta agree about the video, would be nice if they showed regular people,not in mil spec wear, enjoying the rifle. The mil spec gear just perpetuates the myth that these are for military / law enforcement use and not for civilian consumption
Gunner

I am still a little confused by the marketing of this Ruger. On the one hand, Troy is a solid equipment maker and is known for high quality products (their BUIS in particular are considered by many to be the best). So, the Troy hardware is a significant plus for the rifle. On the other hand, this is Ruger. I generally like their products, their 10/22 is legendary, and they make a nice economical bolt action rifle. I don't know much about their single action revolvers, but I do like my SP-101.

One thing Ruger is not, however, is a company well respected for making high quality semi-auto rifles (rimfire aside). So why do they think they can sell an ar-15 for that kind of money? My guess is they are aiming for a completely different market than that of LMT, LaRue, Noveske, and the like. I bet the idea is to stock these guns at Cabellas or Bass Pro, next to the Bushmasters and Remington ARs. The pitch will be that the Ruger rifle is the more "tactical" (nice rails), reliable (piston), and generally higher-end (more expensive) gun.

Back
Top Bottom