Rugers version of the AR15

For the MSRP, you could have a piston driven LWRC or LMT. Think I will wait and see how they shake out.

It's no wonder Troy can't keep up. [thinking]

Yeah, lots of Troy hardware on this Ruger. I am surprised by the price point. Suggested retail is $1,995. Even if this ends up being a $1600 street price, one can put together a great AR for that kind of money, or pick up a Colt 6920 for even less (current market conditions aside). I like some of Ruger's products, but for that kind of money I would take a Colt or build a LaRue or Noveske rifle.

I'll have to check it out. I've always wondered how to make an AR-15 too heavy, inaccurate, and cost too much. That's the Ruger way. I wonder if it takes proprietary mags that, "I'm sorry, we won't sell to civilians?"

That's one of the most UN-tactical tactical videos I've ever seen. [smile]

when they're shown blasting away, they look like 2 bobble-head dolls.

I'll have to check it out. I've always wondered how to make an AR-15 too heavy, inaccurate, and cost too much. That's the Ruger way. I wonder if it takes proprietary mags that, "I'm sorry, we won't sell to civilians?"

It comes with 3 30-round PMAGs. And from first appearances may be a nice piston AR.

Yeah, lots of Troy hardware on this Ruger. I am surprised by the price point. Suggested retail is $1,995. Even if this ends up being a $1600 street price, one can put together a great AR for that kind of money, or pick up a Colt 6920 for even less (current market conditions aside). I like some of Ruger's products, but for that kind of money I would take a Colt or build a LaRue or Noveske rifle.

+1

30 Round Mags are now available from Ruger for the Mini-14....they are back ordered of course...I have to on order we'll see how long it takes to ship. I live 30 min from the Newport Factory I wonder if I can pick them up directly...

It's adds like that one that make sheeple think "OMG ASSAULT RIFLE" but that being said...

I wonder how that piston and gas regulator system works... I know they help belt-feds when used for a prolonged period of fire... I think I'd like to fire one but for $2K I think I'll go with something tried and tested first [mg]

Will it have a warning manual printed on the side? [laugh]

1 in 9 twist, on a piston driven AR? Ewwww. [puke]

-Mike

Bill Ruger must be rolling in his grave.

And, I'm laughing my ass off at the FUDD bastard.

Looks like a decent item.

They sure aren't making all of it in house, Troy rails, Magpul mags, Hogue grip.

Hell, my personal M4 clone has a Knight rail system on it, I've learned over the years to accept the gas system (why not, I've been using it for 37 years now) and the Higue grip doesn't excite me all that much. And, plastic Battle Rifle mags disgust me.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

And, yes, $2K is way too much money.

Last edited:
I'm not arguing but why is that a bad combo?

The main difference is a 1/7 or 1/8 twist barrel lets you run heavier bullets like 75 and 77 gr. Most of the piston driven ARs on the market are 1/7.

I'm not really sure why the industry is hung up on 1/9; I realize most people shoot 55 most of the time, but frankly, 55s will run just fine in a 1/7 or 1/8 barrel. "Oh noes! you can't shoot 45 grain varmint bullets well anymore! stop the earth!" [grin]

I can't say it's really bad, it's just a preference thing. I'll bet if this thing
takes off, that ruger will have another variant with another twist rate.

-Mike

That video sucked. Not saying I could have done any better, but damn. If you're gonna try to sell a $2000 rifle, at least put some $$ into the marketing budget.

I liked the part with the spinning red lights and the night shooting. It was very "John Matrix" like. [laugh]

-Mike

1 in 9 twist, on a piston driven AR? Ewwww. [puke]

-Mike

^ This ^

Plus if you click on the "accessories" link it shows all kinds of Tapco crap. The Troy rail is nice and their piston system sounds cool but I don't see anything that would make me pay that much for it.

S&W M&P 15ft still seems like the rifle to beat for the money.

I want every damn company producing AR style rifles and everyone to have one (or two or three). That way when They try and get them there are more people to complain. My current favorite is this by Remington

It's just a hunting rifle right?

Back
Top Bottom