• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger SR9c

fsguns.com

I just checked therm out. wow, how do they have a brand new sr9c for $399 when everyone else sells it for $525-$530??? Wow! I may have to take a run to that store. I was going to pay "full price"

Bought mine at a gun show last year when they were fairly new for $395

I have a SR9c and it's great. I have had a M&Pc as well as a Glock 26 and I prefer the SR9c. The best thing about it is you don't have that crappy 10# trigger like the M&P. The way I look at it, why buy something you have to send out afterwards to get a trigger job done on when you can buy a gun that already has a decent trigger. Just my opinion.

but it might be that the one sold in mass has a different trigger, because dealers are only allowed to sell most striker fired guns with 10 lbs of pressure on it, as opposed to most guns being 6lbs of pressure on the trigger.

Fixed this for you. You're free as an individual to repair an MA trigger to whatever spec you want it to be.

-Mike

Fixed this for you. You're free as an individual to repair an MA trigger to whatever spec you want it to be.

-Mike

That's true, Mike, but I think he point is that with the Ruger you don't need to spend the money to send it out for the aftermarket trigger job, since it is already sweet right out of the box. Even if you do the labor yourself, you are still adding close to a c-note to the cost of an M&P to get the trigger decent.

well the discussion has been on the SR9c, not the SR9. Which to some extent had a poor trigger. I don't think as bad your making it out to be, but poor.

the SR9c had a redesigned trigger, which I own and is a lot better any of the other compact models in the price range.

my brother has the M&P9c and the trigger wasn't close to the feel of the SR9c. granted he now has gotten the trigger reworked and its real nice. but for the money, SR9c out of the box is the way to go.

The great thing about the loooong wait for my LTC is it's giving me plenty of time for window shopping. If I don't get restrictions, I'm seriously considering the SR9c. If I do get restrictions, would the SR9 full size be a better choice? Has anyone purchased the full size recently that can comment on the trigger? If it's now as good as the trigger on the SR9c, and I have restrictions, it seems like the full size might be a more enjoyable range gun.

The great thing about the loooong wait for my LTC is it's giving me plenty of time for window shopping. If I don't get restrictions, I'm seriously considering the SR9c. If I do get restrictions, would the SR9 full size be a better choice? Has anyone purchased the full size recently that can comment on the trigger? If it's now as good as the trigger on the SR9c, and I have restrictions, it seems like the full size might be a more enjoyable range gun.

I would not agree in this particular case. Just because the gun is a bit smaller does not mean it wont be a good range gun. I shot my g26 way more then my 1911's cost aside. The SR9c new comes with a flush mag and a pinkie extension mag. Granted the site picture will not be as good but the trigger in my mind is very important and will greatly help with accuracy. The two triggers vary very much between the SR9 and C and there is no comparison between the two.The SR9c has the best trigger in any striker fire gun I have ever shot. Better then XD, Glock standard and with 3.5 ghost trigger (which I carry), M&P MA and Non-ma compliant... and the PPS. I might catch a lot of slack for saying this but its almost as nice as a 1911 trigger. Short crisp, great reset and almost no over travel. I wish I could take that trigger and put it on my glocks.

I would not agree in this particular case. Just because the gun is a bit smaller does not mean it wont be a good range gun. I shot my g26 way more then my 1911's cost aside. The SR9c new comes with a flush mag and a pinkie extension mag. Granted the site picture will not be as good but the trigger in my mind is very important and will greatly help with accuracy. The two triggers vary very much between the SR9 and C and there is no comparison between the two.The SR9c has the best trigger in any striker fire gun I have ever shot. Better then XD, Glock standard and with 3.5 ghost trigger (which I carry), M&P MA and Non-ma compliant... and the PPS. I might catch a lot of slack for saying this but its almost as nice as a 1911 trigger. Short crisp, great reset and almost no over travel. I wish I could take that trigger and put it on my glocks.

Exactly the feedback I needed. Thanks! I saw a pic with the pinky extension, but I didn't realize one of the clips comes with that (i figured it was after market). Seems like a really great, well rounded, fairly inexpensive first 9mm for me! Now if I can just put it out of my mind until I have the LTC in hand.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZX0f4CL-T8

and of course....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIpLd0WQKCY

lol, i could watch that one 100 times and still have tears in my eyes.

Back
Top Bottom