RUGER SFAR 🦅

Ruger's budget tier AR-15 was priced okay at about 500 bucks. Not sure I would want to spend $1,300 on their AR-10
That's pretty much the going rate for a mass Market entry AR-10 Clone though. Smith has been selling a gun around the same amount of money. Basically if you're trying to get lower than that you're in hard flint territory not something I would be buying.... also consider the cost of the ammunition this is not a gun for poors/flints to begin with.

My buddy just finished his first AR10 build using a complete Aero lower and a complete DPMS upper (includes CH, BCG). Cost him about $850. I thought that was a good deal.
Obviously the Ruger is lighter. I have to wonder what the recoil will be like with the SFAR lol

Last edited:
That's pretty much the going rate for a mass Market entry AR-10 Clone though. Smith has been selling a gun around the same amount of money. Basically if you're trying to get lower than that you're in hard flint territory not something I would be buying.... also consider the cost of the ammunition this is not a gun for poors/flints to begin with.
Didn't someone here just build an Aero AR-10 for like $1,100-1,200 and the thing is sub MOA with factory ammo?

I forget if it was @Mountain

I’d rather the factory sig than your parts build. Everyone thinks they’re a gunsmith these days.
I put together an AR lower on my work desk without using any specialty tools.

You don't need to be anywhere close to a gunsmith or a rocket scientist to slap some parts together.

The same goes for a Glock build.

Talk about AK build, and a few more skills and tools are needed.

Didn't someone here just build an Aero AR-10 for like $1,100-1,200 and the thing is sub MOA with factory ammo?

If you're building an AR type gun from scratch though you basically only pay FAET on the lower so of course it's going to be cheaper. It's like an 8% difference not to mention you end up keeping more of the profit margin for yourself. It's like building a high-end computer or something you basically get to take that 600 bucks and stuff in your pocket for your labor.

I’d rather the factory sig than your parts build. Everyone thinks they’re a gunsmith these days.
Not sure if serious.... with careful part selection and being conscientious it's trivially easy to outdo a tier 2-3 gun like that. There's absolutely nothing special in a Sig ,Smith or Ruger AR clone that you couldn't do better yourself if you are willing to spend the time. And it's not like you're buying residual value either like you would be from a big kids club gun (kac, larue, dd, lmt, etc)

That sweet sweet lower-mid-tier rollmark. So hot right now.
iu

i did not see if he confirmed his groupings, mine is close, but not a consistent sub-MOA. but it is on a BA cheaper barrel. for what it is and how much it did cost - it suffices fine.
the build was under $1. grid on a target is 1", from a 100yds.

1662651769340.png
1662652001709.png
1662651873495.png

had to check - this was a $209 BA barrel
1Ballistic Advantage Modern Series 20" .308 Win HBAR Contour 1:10 Nitride AR-308 Barrel - Rifle - 5/8x24
Coupon Code applied - you saved $28.50

a better barrel with better bullits in better brass with better reloading efforts would - probably - yield somewhat better results. :)
i am ok with ones i get there, for now.

Last edited:
Not sure if serious.... with careful part selection and being conscientious it's trivially easy to outdo a tier 2-3 gun like that. There's absolutely nothing special in a Sig ,Smith or Ruger AR clone that you couldn't do better yourself if you are willing to spend the time. And it's not like you're buying residual value either like you would be from a big kids club gun (kac, larue, dd, lmt, etc)
Absolutely - If you know components, yes. I have no shortage of real world examples where people asked me for help sorting their rifles' issues at the range that they put together themselves because of misaligned gas blocks, improper gas ports, etc. I have built a ton of rifles, a ton of uppers with zero issues because I know quality components from Noveske, Wilson, Larue, KAC, LMT, etc. I see no shortage of fudds that don't know a KAC, Noveske or Larue from a Colt or M&P15.

Absolutely - If you know components, yes. I have no shortage of real world examples where people asked me for help sorting their rifles' issues at the range that they put together themselves because of misaligned gas blocks, improper gas ports, etc. I have built a ton of rifles, a ton of uppers with zero issues because I know quality components from Noveske, Wilson, Larue, KAC, LMT, etc. I see no shortage of fudds that don't know a KAC, Noveske or Larue from a Colt or M&P15.

[rofl] Even then though they can just buy a quality, intact upper (this is literally what I do, as the cost disparity isnt huge and it saves me time) and not deal with hardly any remotely technical stuff. It still isn't rocket science. If a retard like me can build like 6 guns and have them all work well then anyone can do it. Of course I dont fiddle f*** around with junk,
either.

Back
Top Bottom