• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger LC9 Mag Issues

I have a LC9 as one of my carry guns. Ive put probably around 300 rounds through it. Today when firing, the magazine would drop out during recoil. Sometimes I can apply a little downward pressure and itll pop out without recoil...Ive tried cleaning/lubing everything. However the mag will still drop out, not every time, but once is too many times for me to feel comfortable carrying it. Any ideas?

Is it a new mag? One that came with the gun? When I bought my Lc9, I bought a couple of Ruger mags at a LGS, and one of them would constantly drop. I called ruger about the front sight drifting, and mentioned it. They said they had a small shoddy run of them with bad release notches, and when I sent the slide back, I included the faulty mag, and they sent me two new ones that worked flawlessly ever since.

Yet another "My new Ruger has a problem" thread, where all of the replies will be... " Don't worry, my new Ruger broke too but they fixed it and got it back to me real fast." "Ruger's customer service is awesome"

Their quality control sucks but their customer service will fix it.... because they have a ton of practice fixing their guns

Back
Top Bottom