Ruger GP100 (3") Holsters for CC

Grabbed this beauty a couple of weeks ago primarily for home defense, range work, and on the margin CC. Seriously, a magnificently crafted firearm. DA needs a little work, but that's a minor detail. Great shooter with some serious (357 magnum) horsepower. The 38+P loads (unlike my carry LCR) are butter.

So for those that have the 3" (I assume anything bigger is too much weight and girth to carry), what holsters are you using. I really love and would like to carry this beast, but also realistic that any holster purchase may end up being a waste of resources. I'm actually tempted to purchase another Diamond D Custom Leather "Guides Choice" ( http://www.diamonddcustomleather.com/Chest_Holsters.php ) chest holster - I have one for my 229, but that's not useful during the summer.

Ruger GP100 (3 Inch Barrel).jpg

Last edited:
30Mauser's wife carries this gun. I am sure he can chime in. I saw on his facebook she is carrying it in a nice leather holster.

I want this gun, and a Super Redhawk Alaskan in 44mag. I want & need both of these snubbies.

30Mauser's wife carries this gun. I am sure he can chime in. I saw on his facebook she is carrying it in a nice leather holster.

I want this gun, and a Super Redhawk Alaskan in 44mag. I want & need both of these snubbies.

For me, the Super Redhawk (44 mag) is probably just too hot for my needs, but it's ****ing gorgeous. I might be tempted just to purchase it for looks alone!

The 3" GP100 is a hard gun to find. It took me a couple months to locate a NIB and Pullman Arms (whom I never had dealt with) came through!

In talking to 30Mauser before cigars one night - I talked him into that GP. Between an SP or GP, go GP. [wink]

A solid holster that smooths the lines is what you are going to need to carry a revolver. I too have been very, very pleased with Simply Rugged's pancake. Here is my carry set up.

IMG_2044.jpg GP100  Surf & Turf 1.jpg

In talking to 30Mauser before cigars one night - I talked him into that GP. Between an SP or GP, go GP. [wink]

A solid holster that smooths the lines is what you are going to need to carry a revolver. I too have been very, very pleased with Simply Rugged's pancake. Here is my carry set up.

View attachment 102032View attachment 102033

No disrespect to SP owners (everyone has their own needs and wants - mostly the latter - lol), but the GP, for me, was night and day more formidable.

Back
Top Bottom