• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger 50th Flattop-A statement and a question

First the statement...I found one!!!

I've shot Vaqueros for years but always thought the original flattops (.357) were the best looking and handling of the Ruger SA's. Can't get them here but the 50th Anniversary version was out there and I waited too long. I found one store with them but he wanted $600!!!

Anyway, found one at a pawn shop in Arkansas for less than $400 and it's on the way!

Now the question: I despise markings on barrels and this one is not only marked it's GOLD.

Would you keep it or remove it??? It's going to be a shooter, not a safe queen.

Last edited:
Remove it. Ruger is constantly making special editions and lot's of each item and they aren't particularly rare or valuable. I don't think they ever will be given the production numbers.

Since it's a shooter and that there was a huge nuber made, the only collectability it may have is for your great grandchildren. Do as you wish to the rollmarkings.
Hate to say it but these are still pretty easily obtained new from distributors.

If its the normal 50th with gold on the barrel just use a black crayon over the gold.
If its the special edition 1 of 500 with gold scrollwork, sell it to me.[grin]

I have a 357 New Vaquero and I think it is one of the most enjoyable guns to shoot.

Back
Top Bottom