• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Round Table with State Reps Re: AG Healey's Gun Control

If possible, the use of visual aids or YouTube could be used to clarify any point regarding the AWB and/or MGLs in question.

Our viewpoint needs to be clear as day so these guys can at least leave with a better understanding of what it is we are against.

Just please be tactful and try to find out what they already know about sporting rifles, the AWB, the list, etc first before starting a lecture.

I haven't talked to Rep. Kuros in a few months, but I'm pretty sure he finally has his LTC, is a member of Uxbridge Rod and Gun, and holds fundraisers that double as LTC classes. So he may have a pretty decent foundation of background information already established.

Just don't straight-up talk down to the Reps. like they're totally ignorant. I'm sure most of us can fill in some blanks for them, but some of you are pretty asocial (no offense) and can't read a room. [wink] These Reps. are allies, not the opposition.

Healy is simply auditioning for HRC.
Add to this that Democrats already have AWB legislation written and waiting for the next time they rule, Healy thinks she can run out the clock.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

When does the new session start, or has it already. They should put together emergency legislation to roll back the AG's power and the AWB entirely (to remain consistent with other states) at the same time.
Consistent with my state. As in no bans no magazine limits.
If I want to buy a 100 round drum I can.
Factory standard is not illegal here.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I don't think that going into a teaching session about the fine points of firearms mechanics is going to be constructive.
In fact , it's blown up in our faces already and it's not the point .
She does not have the constitutional authority to write new laws , period , end of discussion.
And that is what she's done.
Her "Definition" of the law never exsisted anywhere in this state or country previously.
Let her get away with this and your going to have freaking chaos not only here but all over the country when all these AG's start to write new laws by "Re- interpretation."
They might also want to remind their colleagues on the other side of the aisle that not all AG's are liberals, so allowing them to start writing law might not work out so well in other places.

I don't think that going into a teaching session about the fine points of firearms mechanics is going to be constructive.
She does not have the constitutional authority to write new laws , period , end of discussion.
Her "Definition" of the law never exsisted anywhere in this state or country previously.
Let her get away with this and your going to have freaking chaos not only here but all over the country when all these AG's start to write new laws by "Re- interpretation."
They might also want to remind their colleagues on the other side of the aisle that not all AG's are liberals, so allowing them to start writing law might not work out so well in other places.

I'd point out that someone could have a field day with laws that deal with gender the way definitions are changing daily.

This.

KISS - She has no Constitutional or any other legal authority to reinterpret laws to meet her agenda - PERIOD. It might also be a good time to address the EOPS list and the AG's non-list, which is foolish horse$hit!

Barring that, don't add confusion to the discussion about bayonet lugs, adjustable stocks, magazine limits, etc., yet.

This.

KISS - She has no Constitutional or any other legal authority to reinterpret laws to meet her agenda - PERIOD. It might also be a good time to address the EOPS list and the AG's non-list, which is foolish horse$hit!

Barring that, don't add confusion to the discussion about bayonet lugs, adjustable stocks, magazine limits, etc., yet.

This might be an important point. It is clear that this interpretation along with her Exxon suit are clearly designed to further her political agenda. You could almost say that they are bordering on campaign activities.

I thought that using public funds to further your political career was frowned upon, if not actually illegal.

If these are not part of her own personal agenda, the AG's office should be able to produce something that shows a complaint from someone about Exxon's alleged fraud, or the people allegedly violating the assault weapon ban. I know there have been requests for such information, but they have been denied. Perhaps the representatives would have better luck.

I would think that in a time of budget shortfalls, the legislature would be interested in the actions of a rogue AG who is picking fights with large well funded organizations over issues that only further her own political ambitions. Every time she gets slapped down (as is happening with her fishing expedition with Exxon) it reflects poorly on the commonwealth and on them as representatives.

Very simple question.

What are they planning to do about the overreach of her power? Centering any of this around guns won't work. How do these guys and their fellow legislators appreciate having their balls clipped by an AG who thinks there's a crown on her head.

The problem is that no legislation gets to the floor for a vote unless the leadership is behind it. And right now, it seems that DeLeo supports Healey.

So these legislators may be with us, but they probably don't have the power to help.

It's apparent she can't interpret the AW law correctly herself.
She was changing her original edict almost on a daily basis to suite her.
She said any .22 caliber clambering was not an AW and then had to change it to .22LR, because .22 would include the AR-15 in .223/5.56.
She said any pistol on the EOPS list was legal to be sold and available to buyers, which we all know is untrue.
Etc. Etc.
How many times did she change that original edict?

It's apparent she can't interpret the AW law correctly herself.
She was changing her original edict almost on a daily basis to suite her.
She said any .22 caliber clambering was not an AW and then had to change it to .22LR, because .22 would include the AR-15 in .223/5.56.
She said any pistol on the EOPS list was legal to be sold and available to buyers, which we all know is untrue.
Etc. Etc.

Are you trying to imply she is capable of rational thoughts and logic? Clearly she is over emotional and full of histrionics

If you want to talk with her... you have to speak on her level... don't talk muzzle brakes... talk hot flashes

Its still loopholey as shit too. If I could find a ffl willing to do the transfer I could hand a highlighted page of the new awb interpretations saying in her own words why my choice of firearm isn't banned.

The problem is that no legislation gets to the floor for a vote unless the leadership is behind it. And right now, it seems that DeLeo supports Healey.

So these legislators may be with us, but they probably don't have the power to help.

If you piss off enough people in the right places , things happen.
It might not come in a bill or amendment, but things happen.
She wouldn't even come close to the first person who's been hung out to dry by "Other Means "in this state.
Pretty sure dirty politics were invented here.

OP, while meeting with your reps about 7/20, you should also bring up the subject all of the lawsuits and potential lawsuits that the AG is causing, from Glock, Remington, NSSF, et al, ect., and that it will cost the state millions of dollars to defend whether she's the plaintiff or defendant, especially at a time when the state is facing a multi-million budget shortfall. For what purpose? Her own political gain?

Do these Reps have constituents who are business owners or Chamber of Commerce members with interests other than in firearms? Are they aware and in full understanding of the action the AG took? Are they at all concerned that their industry, if disfavored or becomes disfavored by the AG, they may be next for a Healy hit job?

This enforcement action on "Assault Weapons" did not occur in a vacuum. First she abused her office by taking action to try to intimidate and silence energy sector companies who don't subscribe to the Climate Change dogma. With her war on "Assault Weapons", we now have an established pattern of the AG abusing her office to wage war on groups who don't support her world view and Globalist agenda.

I can't see how any business leader in the Commonwealth cannot be concerned about a rogue AG who feels she is the ultimate arbiter of legislative and regulatory intent.

Very simple question.

What are they planning to do about the overreach of her power? Centering any of this around guns won't work. How do these guys and their fellow legislators appreciate having their balls clipped by an AG who thinks there's a crown on her head.

^^THIS^^

This time it was the AWB.. what law will she re-interperit next time?

With the only "test" codified in the law being the "features test" that everyone (inc the ATF) has followed for the past 22 years, how can Queen Maura invent new "tests" and claim that she has not changed the law? And what legislation is the legislature willing to push (and hard) to reverse this?

With the only "test" codified in the law being the "features test" that everyone (inc the ATF) has followed for the past 22 years, how can Queen Maura invent new "tests" and claim that she has not changed the law? And what legislation is the legislature willing to push (and hard) to reverse this?

IF (big if) she honestly felt that the law as she interprets it was simply not being enforced, would not the correct action on her part have been to arrest someone for buying one of these "illegal" copycat weapons and let the courts vet the law as intended? She had to create new tests, "threaten" retroactive prosecution, and continuously revise her interpretation directives to catch up to whatever the hell is going on in her head... In short she should be enforcing existing law, not creating it...

(And yes, it answers itself...obviously if she prosecuted someone for buying a legal weapon they'dve been home for dinner...)

OP, while meeting with your reps about 7/20, you should also bring up the subject all of the lawsuits and potential lawsuits that the AG is causing, from Glock, Remington, NSSF, et al, ect., and that it will cost the state millions of dollars to defend whether she's the plaintiff or defendant, especially at a time when the state is facing a multi-million budget shortfall. For what purpose? Her own political gain?

It wouldn't hurt to let them know (Tactfully) that we sure as hell will be bringing it up every time they come sucking around for tax and fee hikes while whining about revenue shortfalls.

Thank you all for your input! I hope that we can get some good news from them in regards to what their end plans, but the last time I met with the legislators, they appeared to be hanging their hopes on the NSSF lawsuit. Maybe they can make me the new AG...can't do any worse...LOL

The AG has made the following statements:
1- Firearms that share parts/operating systems with those banned by name are 'Assault Weapons', and therefore possession of them is a ten year felony.
2- Her enforcement declaration does not turn MA residents who possessed such firearms, on or before 7/20/2016, into un-indighted felons.
The only way these two claims can be reconciled is if we add a third implication:
Implication- It is not a felony to possess an 'Assault Weapon', as defined by law.

Since the law is very clear, and has substantial history behind it, my question is this: does the AGOs office have the power to unilaterally alter the law, without the notice or consent of the legislature? If not, which of 1 or 2 is incorrect?

Thank you all for your input! I hope that we can get some good news from them in regards to what their end plans, but the last time I met with the legislators, they appeared to be hanging their hopes on the NSSF lawsuit. Maybe they can make me the new AG...can't do any worse...LOL

They want to take the path of least resistance. If we keep the pressure on them things might change. They might not, but at least we didn't just roll over and go "oh, ok, we'll wait for the courts" in the mean time.

7. (or 8?) Why is our current MA AG not calling for action against, or at least repudiating the last four attorneys general who - according to her - were obviously MISinterpreting the law for the last 20 years???

and the ATF, dont forget that. this was FEDERAL for 10 years and the entire fu(king country knew what it meant

Back
Top Bottom