Rocket launchers turned in la buy back

So they're saying that in LA, a population of 3,819,702, that the collection of 2 beat up old rocket launchers and 75 assault rifles is some sort of victory? 2,037 weapons were turned in Wednesday, total.

"Those are weapons of war, weapons of death," LAPD Chief Charlie Beck said, according to the LA Times. "These are not hunting guns. These are not target guns. These are made to put high-velocity, extremely deadly, long-range rounds downrange as quickly as possible, and they have no place in our great city."

You mean the same weapons you have in your precinct house and probably in your holster?

I also like how he says "these are not target guns." So what constitutes a "target gun"? lol

You guys realize that it was just the tube, right??

That was a "fire and forget" weapon and I know quite a few people with the at-4 tube as a souvenir

Strange, the story does not mention if they were spent tubes that contained no actual rocket or explosive. Wonder why? [rolleyes]

http://www.gunsandammo.com/2012/05/16/l-a-gun-buyback-brings-in-rocket-launcher/

Believe it or not, a recent Los Angeles gun buyback brought in a military-style rocket launcher — thankfully not loaded — among over 1,600 other weapons.

LA-gun-buyback.jpg

omg...
Are they calling the M1 carbine, the 10/22 or the AR7 "assault weapons"??

Will they really destroy what is probably a wwii/ Korean war m1c vet bring back??
Tragic. History.

The gun that somebody's Grandfather may have kept by his side for years through a war, lovingly carried back with him from the theater on a boat... sad

- - - Updated - - -

And congrats LAPD for giving out the cash for the equivalent of a plastic sewer pipe..

You do realize an AT-4 tube can be readily converted to launch projectiles found in the common garden and with these unregulated projectiles the empty tube is the most deadly

You do realize an AT-4 tube can be readily converted to launch projectiles found in the common garden and with these unregulated projectiles the empty tube is the most deadly

And can easily be converted to one time use and drop to full auto?
Using only dental floss, a paper clip and hair spray..

"Those are weapons of war, weapons of death," LAPD Chief Charlie Beck said, according to the LA Times. "These are not hunting guns. These are not target guns. These are made to put high-velocity, extremely deadly, long-range rounds downrange as quickly as possible, and they have no place in our great city."

well, why did your officers hide for 10 days after the L.A. riots and leave the citizens to fend for themselves?

****ing retarded. "OMG'z a 100% harmless empty AT4!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111111111one"

[rofl] That's what I figured it was... empty tubes, sold at any gun show to a 12 year old with a $20 in his hand.

-Mike

I really wish I never tossed the 3 LAW tubes I use to have. I would have loved to take them in and demand my money. next time i hit a gun show I may just pick up one or two for the next buy back...

I posted this on my FB page. Try to spread some truth guys. Doing so on firearms boards is just preaching to the choir:

Just in case any of the more liberal folks I know are reading about the two "rocket launchers" that were collected in LA during a voluntary firearms turn in....AT4 rocket launchers are a US military weapon that is "fire and forget."

This means once you fire the rocket the tube in nothing more than a paperweight. Many soldiers and collector alike keep these as wall hangers and talking points. The two collected were nothing more than spent tubes.

But you know don't let facts get in the way of a good argument. Especially when you are trying to dismantle The Bill of Rights and The Constitution.

Back
Top Bottom