Rock Island Armory 1911A1 any good?

That's all. No hard feelings.

No worries. The comment about the false information wasn't directed at you.

I gave a sarcastic response to your FFL comment because I thought you were intentionally being a wiseass asking for it, because the fact that the gun was actually on the list was mentioned a few times in the thread before your post.

I gave a sarcastic response to your FFL comment because I thought you were intentionally being a wiseass asking for it, because the fact that the gun was actually on the list was mentioned a few times in the thread before your post.

No, I honestly just cannot wrap my head around what guns can be sold by whom, to whom, when, or where in this state... no matter how many times I read threads where people explain it 7 different ways. Between the lists and the non-lists, and the phantom AG list... I just don't get it.

When I'm determined to get myself a decent 1911A1, I will spend the effort to figure out which end my ass is attached to. Until then, well, I'm still trying to figure out which end of the gun the bullets come out of.

No, I honestly just cannot wrap my head around what guns can be sold by whom, to whom, when, or where in this state... no matter how many times I read threads where people explain it 7 different ways. Between the lists and the non-lists, and the phantom AG list... I just don't get it.

When I'm determined to get myself a decent 1911A1, I will spend the effort to figure out which end my ass is attached to. Until then, well, I'm still trying to figure out which end of the gun the bullets come out of.

No need to do this. If a dealer will sell it to you, it's OK. If not, you can forget about it or ask another dealer for their interpretation.

The regs are written in quicksand, nobody understands exactly what is OK (self-cert by mfr . . . until challenged by AG) and what isn't! At least the EOPS List is in print and gives you some idea what is/isn't acceptable for the Dealer to sell by LAW. [Note: In spite of those wearing lots of pointy tin-foil hats saying to the contrary . . . the AG Regs are CIVIL violations of the Consumer Protection Act . . . they are NOT criminal and since the buyer is being "protected" and the "victim" in any "improper sale" of a handgun (due to its "unsafe features"), it really wouldn't play too well in CIVIL COURT for the AG to further persecute the victim!]

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52929
Here ya go.

I recall seeing that you can get a new RIA base model 1911A1 for $358 cash at AG Guns on their website. I've been thinking about one to get myself introduced to 1911s so I can do my Caspian build up the right way.

Of course not. The OP said that he was going to have it shipped to his FFL.

If you could find a Mass dealer that would transfer to you a Springfield XD, a new G36, and an HK 45c, you could buy them and you'd be doing nothing wrong.<snip>

I am a total newbie, so I hope I dont get chewed for asking a silly question, but here goes:

How does one get a gun shipped to "his" FFL? I have never set foot on one. Would the buyer need to call the FFL of choice and ask if they would be so kind as if to handle his/her transfer?

Say I am in NH, and I see a gun I like. Would I need to then try to find what FFL is near the place I live and call them right there and then?

Apologies in advance if this has been asked a million times. A link to a relevant post will do if so.

Your best bet is to have a local FFL lined up in advance and make sure the gun is MA compliant. The MA FFL will be able to tell you.

I recently purchased RIA 1911 CS (compact) I like it a lot. Nice shooter. Very accurate. It's in the loving hands of Greg Derr
upgrading the sites and doing a little fine tuning. I bought it used from a fellow NES'er. Very happy with mine.

I bought a RIA MilSpec a few weeks ago brand new at a dealer. It is an amazing gun!! Unbelievably accurate, reliable and very nicely put together. It's not perfect, I put in a better trigger (still a short military trigger but better quality) and I also installed a real military thumb safety because I like the look of the short pad. It is a great gun and well worth the $450 I paid for it.

Back
Top Bottom