Rock Island Armory 1911

What shops sells the Rock Island Armory 1911? Where are they price wise?
Are they worth the money?

The only thing I can tell you is that after shooting EddieCoyle's RI 1911 in .38 Super, I am convinced they are a super value. That thing was a laser beam and it was as stock as stock can get. I was hitting a fist sized piece of a magnesium wheel at the car shoot and dancing it all over the place. I likey...

I couldn't find a single shop that carried an RIA. Finally gave up and settled on one of the newer, Kahr-built Auto-Ordnance WWII repros. Very happy with my decision thus far. Still, I wouldn't rule out an RIA if I came across one.

I got one!!!

Course I am in AZ.... sorry to get your hopes up. I like mine thus far, shot a few hundred rounds with it. Getting some hammer bite cuz its bare bones stock... need to get me some beaver. And a beavertail safety as well... [laugh] but yeah shoots quality standing @25yds I scored 6 outta 7 in the five ring on a regular full size target. (if their is such a thing....) Mind you the shitty H&K with nasty DAO really kills me at the 25 for some reason. shoot 180 sometimes on the front half and drop up to 40 points on the back half of qauls. I really need to work on my trigger control..... [thinking]
Oh got my RIA for 320 up in tombstone here... not sure what the mass market does to shit...

I have two of them (.45 & .38 Super) and they are an exceptional value. Like MassMark says, the .38 Super shoots good out of the box, but one of the things on my list is to upgrade some of the internals, sights, and possibly the barrel.

The big difference between the RIA and the AO is that you can more easily upgrade and fix the RIA. The tolerances (hole alignment, sear angles, etc) are much better on the RIA than on the AO. I local gunsmith I know discourages people from trying to upgrade their AOs because they're a PITA to work on.

You know on some parts where it says "some fitting may be required"? Change "some" to "tons" when it's an AO.

Back
Top Bottom