Robbery question..

Stevireno

NES Member
So Sat. I went to buy some solar panels, guy give me directions into the middle of fitchburg. I realize as I'm approaching that I'm on a little street in the center of a bad bad area.. Got wife and kids in the truck. Pull over at address, looks abandoned. I get out, look around... 4 guys sitting in a red car... One other guy walks to the sidewalk and stands there looking at me from about 40 yards away, almost like he is waiting to see the show of me getting robbed. I'm getting a bad feeling and dont even want to text the guy to ask him where he is, I get in the truck tell wife I've got a bad feeling and drive away...

The seller might have been legit, but it felt wrong. Question is, if those 4 guys get out, corner me, claim they dont want to hurt me, but they want the $400 in my pocket that they know I brought with me... what to do? They have not threatened me, I had my EDC on me... Do I throw the money to them, do I refuse and tell them to get out of my way and get back to the car and get out? Dial 911 with my left, ready to draw with my right if they approach?

I know the answer depends upon more detailed circumstances, but I guess I'm asking do I have the right prevent theft of my property using deadly force if I am being robbed? What if he then asked for my car keys? I think you get the idea...

Thanks

-Steve

Don't get cornered. If you do get cornered and it's 4-on-1, I'd say you're justified in drawing.

Don't get cornered. If you do get cornered and it's 4-on-1, I'd say you're justified in drawing.

My Guess is they were waiting for me to go up the small driveway, fenced in, then there is no where for me to go.... I'm glad I didn't stick around...

Where you in reasonable fear of death or bodily injury or your family was?

Nope. If one or more pulled a weapon, I guess I'd have to play it by ear... I guess I'm just frustrated that I can get robbed while carrying my firearm....

- - - Updated - - -

Sadly not in MA unless you felt your life was threatened. Even then I wouldn't trust MA judges and jury pools.

I think I'm going to carry pepper spray also, I think Id have less jail time if I am defending myself... I imagine that pepper spray would have been acceptable, or any non lethal defense.

You mean you don't carry a drop wallet with a stack of singles and expired credit cards?

Give them $400 and go home with your wife and kid. Not worth the hassle if all they want is money. Justified homicide is going to cost you more than $400 in the long run.

Give them $400 and go home with your wife and kid. Not worth the hassle if all they want is money. Justified homicide is going to cost you more than $400 in the long run.

I agree, but What if they then want my car keys, my wallet....

- - - Updated - - -

Dont know why all the hypotheticals when you did the right thing...

Because I have run the scenario through my head a hundred times on what I would have done if.......

Last edited:
Good job OP. Sometimes you just gotta trust your gut.
Ahhhh... Pretty easy to scoot with the whole family in the car... Don't want to put them in danger, I felt terrible for even bringing them there! We were driving through rt 2 back from a family trip, and swung by to make the purchase, whole thing lasted about 1 minute.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

When four guys rob you in real life, do they typically surround you and state their intentions, then await your reaction? Or do they just start beating the shit out of you and take what they want from your bloodied unconscious body? Honest question...

Deal with what's in front of your face.
Flee the zone first,
defend yourself second.
You had a way out, took it , nothing more to think about.

Deal with what's in front of your face.
Flee the zone first,
defend yourself second.
You had a way out, took it , nothing more to think about.
Isn't this forum about sharing ideas and gathering others opinions? If things had gotten more aggressive I want to know what others would do.

I could tell you what I have done,
but what worked for me isn't exactly defendable in a court, and it would start a sh**storm of
keyboard commando flames,
but best of luck to you, and stay in one piece.

Am I the only one that would have had the Mrs. in the car with the window down and a Scoped M1A locked on target?

You did the right thing.

Next time, you pick the place, get there first and have a backup location planed if you need to phone in a change of location.
He wanted YOUR money for the solar panels. Make HIM work for it...

Last edited:
All for dumbass Solar Panels !

Now if they claimed they were selling an original Mauser C-96....

mauser_c96_broomhandle_9.jpg

[rolleyes]

Am I the only one that would have had the Mrs. in the car with the window down and a Scoped M1A locked on target?

You did the right thing.

Next time, you pick the place, get there first and have a backup location planed if you need to phone in a change of location.
He wanted YOUR money for the solar panels. Make HIM work for it...
Excellent advice, I often forget the other party can put some effort in to the sale...

It's MA. Flee, flee, flee until your dead or can't anymore![sad2]

Sorry, but that is the way I seem to think they want it here![frown]

I prey I'm in Florida if I ever have to use force to defend myself. Because you would have wished they killed you in this sh_t hole state![angry]

They are very good at prosecuting the victims in MA.

Unless you are law enforcement or related to a judge...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom