Ripoff Legal Advice wanted

A fellow member on WeatherbyNation just posted the following message. I'm glad this didn't happen to me as I might not have been able to restrain myself. Any advice for this guy to get a quick solution, or is this doomed to a long battle in civil courts?

"As some of you may remember, I had a semi-rare Colt Delta Gold Cup pistol that I was quite proud of. In order to purchase a scope and to help pay for the new Weatherby Nation rifle I sold that pistol and my ammunition for $1150 to a local gun dealer in my town, Timber Country Sports. That was on August 12. Paul, the store owner promised to order my scope and rings, and the remainder of my money would be held for credeit against other purchases.

Well, my scope never came despite repeated promises from Paul, and about a week ago I stopped in to see if it had arrived, only to find him loading the last boxes of stock from his store into his car. He shut down the store.

I have never received a penny in payment for my gun and ammunition, and Paul has refused to answer e-mails or telephone calls, and I have heard he has ripped off others too.

I would like to do something very stupid because I am so angry at being ripped off, but would like to hear recommendations from people a bit less hot-headed before I go off and get into trouble.

Can anyone recommend a LEGAL remedy? Should I report this to the BATF? Can this be reported as a firearm theft? What do you think?"

Note: This happened in Oregon, not locally.

report the gun stolen to the cops and the situation. Tell them it was a consignment sale and you have neither the gun nor received nothing of value for it

Back
Top Bottom