Riley's Gun Shop - Hooksett NH

Was in today- they had some 9mm Blazer in stock, but they are limiting purchase to two boxes of handgun or rifle ammo per visit- two boxes total, not per caliber.

Sounds like an easy problem to deal with.

1. Buy two boxes.
2. Go out to your car and store them.
3. Go back in and buy two boxes. (separate visit)
4. Go out to your car and store them.
5. Repeat step 1 thru 4.

Signs said 2 boxes per day- you'd hope to have a different guy at the register.

They usually have the same guy or two at the reloading section so you'd better bring a fake mustache. But seriously, 200 is really a joke. What I think is a bigger joke is some online places I've seen limiting you to 2K and charging you $27.50 hazmat and shipping. I've never bought less than 10K online due to the hazmat.

I was in the store on a Saturday recently and didn't notice any sign about a limit. Wife was with me so we split up and she went right over to the 223/5.56 where she found a sign "limit 2 boxes" so she picked up 2 of each. I was over picking up a can of 30-06 and she tells me about the 223/5.56 of 20 round boxes. I go right over and pick up 2 of each as well. Wife headed to the register and bought the ammo and was waiting for me to finish up shopping. I tell the cashier I am just going to the mag boxes and be right back as I placed the ammo on the counter near him. Not even 5-10 minutes pass and I am in line to buy my stuff and cashier says to me "Sorry, you just miss it, 2 box limit" so I say to him I told you I was going to be right back and so on and he says the owners says that people are buying to much so he has to limit it to 2 boxes. I have a can of 30-06, 2 boxes of .40 and the 2 boxes each of 223, 5.56. I say to him where's the manager/owner, so he point to the guy and I walk right over and explain what happened and how much I'm buying. He notices my wife next to me and says in a soft voice split it up and I'll ring in up with her in the back near the reloading stuff. I give him a big Thank You and head back to register where I make my purchase.
I know I pushed the line a little but was respectful in doing so not only to the cashier but also the manager/owner. I didn't make a scene like so many people do nowadays but would have made a purchase no matter if he declined/accepted my full order or only the limit. Tough choice if I had to but would have put the 30-06 and .40 back. Much easier to find those calibers on shelves.
I find the staff friendly, knowledgeable and helpful when asked. They have the same issues as many shops with inventory but keep their prices the same. I highly recommend them.

and they had Small Pistol primers, but limiting to 200 total....

I saw that too and decided I didn't need to deal with that crap. Besides, I had just picked up a 1000 count box at Shooter's Outpost (just up the street). They had ok pricing on powder (within a dollar or two of SO) but projectile pricing was more than a bit nuts (IMO). Considering what I can get the projectiles for online (when/where in stock) it made zero sense to pay butthurt pricing. Besides, I have over 500 .45 ACP rounds in stock right now. Once I've gone through a bit more of that, I'll get projectiles and set the press up.

Also, the place was PACKED. With how tight they have the shelves and such, it's just a bad experience. There are plenty of other places that are not a PITA to navigate around in. Even when the parking lot is full.

I did grab the last three boxes of .223 ammo they had (had Malodave get the third box for me) last weekend (Saturday). At least the price of that ammo wasn't full-on retard.

As of today, they had a lot more primers in stock and the daily limit is now 500. Their supply of powder is also coming back

yup the 2 box of ammo per day is in effect. That is unless you try to buy a 2 boxes of PMC 250 rounds. While i was there someone tried and they sent him back. I picked up 2 boxes of blazer 40S&W for $14.95. a little higher than before. i was heading to MFL so decided to shoot theres and keep mine.

the pistol cabinets are getting bare. There are ARs in stock. No AKs. He had some AK mags (plastic $14.95 and metal $29.99). I grabbed a plastic one and took it to the range with me. I need another 30 round AK Mag like a hole in the head. I could not help myself. $15 is easy money considering you never know when the next run is. It worked great by the way.

they has a decent business going on but the selection is getting /staying light

They had several thousand CCI primers in all flavors (500 cap) around 5pm today and a good sized stack American eagle 9mm for $15. I'd expect most of that stuff to still be on the shelves in the AM. I might just have to go find out...

Yes it was all in stock at 9:15am. Yes I got more used law ammo dirt cheap. Yes I grabbed my Mini-Mag limit of 2 boxes. Yes I walked out a with hundred bucks less than I expected...

2 box limit only on 9mm, 223 and 22LR all else sky is the limit! got some Bulgy7.62X54 at a good price. surplus garand ammo 62 cents a round ,, 40S&W etc... AR30 round mags , no limit,, 3 AKs on the shelf , plenty of ARs....... the scare is over until the next one.

start stockin up now

>>the scare is over until the next one.<<

As long as they're rationing .22LR the scare ain't over!

I can't believe it's been nearly 3 months since the last post in here. [thinking]

I stopped in today to browse a bit, the place was not very busy, I actually had room to move around without bumping into people like last time. I was hoping to find some .22, they didn't have much to choose from, and what they did have was very pricy with a 2 box limit. Many of the shelves were looking a bit bare, but their stock of EBR's was well supplied. I picked through their boxes of "mystery" magazines on the mid counter, but didn't find anything I easily recognized. Last time I scored a mag for my PT-58 for $15. I also looked at a few lever guns but all I went home with was a few MTM plastic ammo boxes.

just got back, lots of ARs AKS ... forgot to check the 22 ammo. 15% off sale on all used long guns. pistol cabinets look almost full. they have 7.62X54 (Bulgarian!!!) tins for $89 !!!! ... they also have .223 wolf and Tula as well as other ammo.

I didn't buy anything but they are stocked.

pretty sure 9mm is up to a 4 box limit.

Bought an LE6920SOCOM there. Helpful staff and some cheap East Bloc ammo for my Mosins. Too bad about the gun that was stolen and the owner‘s recent run-in with the police.

They charged me a $15 "transfer" fee on a stripped upper from the QD group buy. I was planning on buying a few other things that day, but was not interested after basically having something I already paid for held hostage.

**** that place, all set. Money grubbing tactic really turned me off from ever setting foot in that place again.

Yeah **** Rileys. That place gets so much of my money I'm lucky I still have a wife. I'm gonna chuck that 500 round can of XM855 I bought the neighbor for $195 today on his lawn so it doesn't stink up my truck...

Not directed at you Ron. You know I feel your pain... I'm just a fanboy.

Yeah **** Rileys. That place gets so much of my money I'm lucky I still have a wife. I'm gonna chuck that 500 round can of XM855 I bought the neighbor for $195 today on his lawn so it doesn't stink up my truck...

Not directed at you Ron. You know I feel your pain... I'm just a fanboy.

Meh, I'm over it. You can chuck the ammo can where you like. Lol.

They charged me a $15 "transfer" fee on a stripped upper from the QD group buy. I was planning on buying a few other things that day, but was not interested after basically having something I already paid for held hostage.

**** that place, all set. Money grubbing tactic really turned me off from ever setting foot in that place again.

I'm curious what was the reason for the transfer fee? it's not like it was the lower...

not fee related, but my experience after my first visit to riley's i'm not impressed. i was told by Doug at riley's that they won't do ANY handgun transfers to Massachusetts. none. even said it was "illegal" a number of times. i tried to explain reasonably that he was incorrect to no avail. i was ready to buy and had an FFL on the phone to ready to receive the handgun so they could coordinate swapping paperwork.

he said they would do long gun transfers and i'm thinking who needs to transfer a long gun? why not buy it and take it with you?

so i'm not exactly pleased with my visit.

he said they would do long gun transfers and i'm thinking who needs to transfer a long gun? why not buy it and take it with you?

I think you're missing the point on this one. If they do the unnecessary long gun transfer for you, they can charge you for it! Cha-ching. I'm sure they'd be thrilled in fact.

Thanks Gold - not too concerned as I am going up north for a long weekend in a couple of weeks and go right by on 93 so I'll stop in. If they have it good if not ... next trip. I was just curious what they have had there for stock lately.

Anyone been up lately?

Looking for 308 Win ~168gr Mil Spec stuff by the case, my M1A arrives on Wed/Thur next week and am leaning to start using it instead of a fall back gun in case my LaRue never arrives (9 month and counting).

I think they had a few cases of 308 on Saturday. They had plenty of xm855 cases for 400 per 1000. Handgun ammo was pretty wiped out.

Back
Top Bottom