Riley's Gun Shop - Hooksett NH

Just stopped in. they had 4 AKs left. $750 each!! all ARs gone. a big box of AK 30 round mags.. picked up some 30 .06 korean ammo and some .223. I didn't need it but not sure when i will see some again.

place was busy but not terrible,,, considering.

I'm totally turned off when I get waited on by someone covered in tattoos. Just not my thing.

I'm very tattooed, both arms covered, even the back of my head that you can see if my hair is super short. Does this mean you don't want to date me? Not everyone with tattoos are degenerate criminals. Amazingly enough I make a bunch of money and have an awesome house, vehicle and a very respectable firearm collection despite being handicapped with tattoos. I've never even robbed anyone. Good thing I never have to "wait on" you, I wouldn't want you to be turned off by me.

Last edited:
Surprised nobody has posted in here since before Xmas ???

I stopped in there today for some reloading stuff because Shooters Outpost didn't have everything on my list.
The parking lot was jammed, people were parked along the street, but it didn't seem all that crowded inside.
The rack that usually has the AR's and AK's was pretty thin, all I saw were several AK type .410's occupying that space.
Also, the rack where the lever guns are was also looking pretty thin.
The bullet shelves at the reloading counter had lots of empty space too, but I did mange to find some suitable projectiles for .380 and .32 ACP, which was my main reason for going there anyway, so I didn't leave disappointed.
The only real deal I scored was on a PT-58 magazine, it was in that basket of mostly unmarked mystery mags on the mid counter.
I was picking through it and stumbled upon one, and I was probably the only one who knew exactly what it was. [wink]
There was no price on it so I asked a clerk what these were going for, he replied "generally $10 to $20", so I pulled out the one I wanted and said how much. He said $15, I said "sold".
Then I paid for my items, left, and then stopped at White Birch Brewing down the road, but there's another thread for that. [laugh]

Riley's does me right

I like Riley's. When I came to NH 15 years ago I bought a few guns from them. The prices were never the cheapest but selection was good. I hadn't been back in over 10 years but went in the day after Sandy Hook because I knew that was the final straw. I was amazed to see a lot of the same faces from a decade ago. The place was crazy (and was up until a week or two ago) but I scored the last Mini-30 off the shelf. Since that day I have visited most every gun store in southern NH east of Nashua and I can honestly say this: Riley's has the best prices on most NEW firearms I have found. They can and will order stuff they don't have and don't quote you retail either. The one shortage I see more at Riley's than anywhere else is with ammo and reloading supplies. But they do get it in. It just goes fast.

The "war profiteering" and "doom and gloom" I have run across at other stores makes me sick. Almost makes me feel they want the noose tightened so they can charge even more. I walk into each new store with high hopes and walk out shaking my head or laughing my ass off. But at Riley's I am never disappointed and I leave a little more of money with them with each visit. Riley's does me right. Time after time...

Rileys will always have a special place in my heart. When i was 14 my father took me there to buy me my first match .22, an Anschutz 1413 they had up on the wall. This was back when they had a range out back and if you were interested in a gun, they'd let you go back and shoot it first. I competed with that gun through college and I still own that gun today...worth quite a bit more than we paid over 20 years ago. Year later, when i moved to NH, i went to Rileys and bought my first pistol. Over the years i found some steal there. I still remember the day i looked towards the back of a case and saw a .44 mag Dan Wesson revolver with extra barrels. Turns out it was a very early 4-number serial code from Monson Mass with the rarer plum bluing on the frame. I asked the price and they said $375. I think I threw out my shoulder reaching for my wallet so fast!

They were selling 900 Federal 55gr FMJ on stripper clips for $375 last week, so $180/500 is definitely moving in the right direction.

Swung by earlier today and walked past the area with the mag bins (across from the mosins). There was a tray or two out of loose, mixed cartridges that were just sitting there. I picked through and came across something I was interested in, so I asked the employee who always seems to man the reloading section (sorry I don't know your name) if it was for sale. He looked it over and said "Take it - You're always here giving us your business". It was a .38LC round, worth maybe a few bucks at most, not much. But the point is that that is the type of service and customer appreciation that causes me to continue to go back to Rileys. I've spent thousands there and never had a bad experience - not once. I'll be back soon.

went in today, guns getting sparse!
They had some chinese mosin carbines, one wasr for $999. it was really pretty wood but it was still just a WASR. there was garand ammo, 556 ammo for stupid money $499 /1000 . but hey if you gotta have it.

they had 2 beautiful chinese SKSs. both were matching at $425each. i want one and will regret it , but i am being good.

I was eyeing those chinese sks's for about an hour friday night lol. Before I could make a decision it was 9 and the store was closing..

yea i definately should, $425 with bayo and $395 without. If I'm up in NH for work in the next week or so I needa stop by there and shooters outpost.

Well tomorrow is payday [smile]

I just got back. it looks like you beat me!!. the one with Bayo is gone.
There was a used Wasr for $749 there. The $995 new WASR with the pretty stock from last week is still there. maybe demand is slowing?

Other than that, the shelves are pretty bare! while i was there, there was 556 ammo being unloaded into the store 1000 rounds for $499 , they had 500 rounds but dont remember the pricing , probably $250

Nope, someone else must've got it [frown]. I plan on trying to make it up there this thursday cause I'll most likely be in NH for work. Is there any sks's left? Last time I was there, there were 3 with bayo and one w/out.

shelve in the rifle area are starting to fill back up. he had a polytech AK for $850 . i think that was a good price BEFORE everything went nuts. i don't know enough about them so i did not buy it. the furniture was different than the wasr and i could not tell if original. i already have 3 AKs so pass.....

there was a used bushmaster carbon 15 for $650. pretty good for an AR15 these days. used Wasr for $650, black saiga, new wasr. ... a dozen ar15s in stock
ammo was gone. there was no 223, garand ammo, or whatver is agains the walls next to the pistols.

i used to say i had more guns than the smaller starving gunshops. i am starting say that about the ammo with the big ones [laugh]

Was in today- they had some 9mm Blazer in stock, but they are limiting purchase to two boxes of handgun or rifle ammo per visit- two boxes total, not per caliber. They had some 22, no 223/5.56, they did have some cans of Korean M2 30.06.

Pistol cases fuller than they have been, black rifles starting to show up. A few AR's. They had Troy AR mags for $16.95 and C-Products for $11.95.

A few weeks ago it was 4 boxes...that not good :(
I've found they have had the most consistent selection and prices.

Back
Top Bottom