Riley's Gun Shop - Hooksett NH

andrew1220 may still have some Golden Tiger he's selling.

If you want Golden Tiger go to Collectable Arms and Ammo in Merrimack.... last time I checked they had cases (1000 rds) for $250.

BTW there is a gun show in Manchester NH this weekend...Jan 10 and 11....

Grab a case (or 3 ) on the way up (exit 12 -exit now free ) or on your way back (no exit 12 ) [smile]

Other than the compliance bullshit, this is mostly not an issue, if the buyer knows what they're doing.

That said, it is too much of a headache for most NH shops to deal with inbounding handguns (even "compliant" ones) into MA... because the people buying them are numbskulls that don't know what they're doing. I outlined this in a post awhile back (the entire reasoning why most NH FFLs will give you stinkface about inbounding into MA) in another post here, but if you're interested PM me and I'll find it for you. ) It also doesn't help matters that the ATF routinely feeds dealers WRONG information about MA laws... so when dealers call them for guidance, they get told a lie over the phone. (I've seen/overhead this happen myself at least once- some fed told an NH FFL basically told them they can't send any AKs into MA... even ones that are clearly neutered. )

So, long story short, a lot of NH FFLs "will not do this", SO just doens't want to deal with the aggravation. I'd be VERY surprised if Riley's does it at all,
either. Usually saying your from MA at Rileys will make them look at you like you're an ebola carrier.

-Mike

Since I went there after hearing that SO wouldn't ship a handgun to an out of state FFL, I specifically asked at Riley's. The answer was a resounding YES they work with a number of MA FFLs and would ship to any other.

drgrant;428312 Usually saying your from MA at Rileys will make them look at you like you're an ebola carrier. -Mike[/QUOTE said:
I can honestly say I have never had that issue at Riley's. My experience has always been positive there. YMMV. Just sayn'

Since I went there after hearing that SO wouldn't ship a handgun to an out of state FFL, I specifically asked at Riley's. The answer was a resounding YES they work with a number of MA FFLs and would ship to any other.

I can honestly say I have never had that issue at Riley's. My experience has always been positive there. YMMV. Just sayn'

Good to know, thanks guys!

My issue with SO isn't about shipping a gun or the law that goes along with it.... Mine is why the hell would they check an ID for a foregrip? or a buffer tube? Its not a item that they should give a crap about....Why would they care what I do with it 100 miles away? Does NH have a law that states that a grip that may or may not be compliant in another state somewhere cant be sold with out an ID.

My issue with SO isn't about shipping a gun or the law that goes along with it.... Mine is why the hell would they check an ID for a foregrip? or a buffer tube? Its not a item that they should give a crap about....Why would they care what I do with it 100 miles away? Does NH have a law that states that a grip that may or may not be compliant in another state somewhere cant be sold with out an ID.

Why even waste brain cycles caring? Just drive down the street and buy it there. Done. If I got bent every time a gun shop wouldn't sell me something that was perfectly legal I would have had about a half dozen heart attacks by now. It's not worth even thinking about it.

-Mike

Why even waste brain cycles caring? Just drive down the street and buy it there. Done. If I got bent every time a gun shop wouldn't sell me something that was perfectly legal I would have had about a half dozen heart attacks by now. It's not worth even thinking about it.

-Mike

Sometimes I have to agree with you.

Still impressed with ammo prices at rileys. Picked up a spam can of 7.62x54r for $115. American eagle 38 special fmj is $20 and america eagle 357 mag jsp is $25. Went to bass pro after stocking up on revolver ammo......they were getting $24 for american eagle 38 special and it was LRN!!!!!!!

I just came back from Rileys. if you have been under a rock and not gotten a mosin yet , you are almost out of time. they have the dog chewed Chinese T53s. they have about 16 of them.. probably a good candidate for refinishing but some did look better than others.

shooters outpost has a few 9130s

I just came back from Rileys. if you have been under a rock and not gotten a mosin yet , you are almost out of time. they have the dog chewed Chinese T53s. they have about 16 of them.. probably a good candidate for refinishing but some did look better than others.

shooters outpost has a few 9130s

So what were the prices???

If you haven't been in Riley's for a while you might not recognize a lot of the people in there. Looks like they did a big shakeup. Only people still there I know are Buzz, both Keith's,, Roy and Bob. Doug, Brian, Lloyd , Jim, Ron, Big John, Jay etc all gone. New folks are helpful and I like dealing with Buzz, a genuine nice guy but a lot of familiar faces vapor ware

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree! Aside from Ralph's occasional appearance the only one I now know is Keith. I started going there back when Dick Riley was still behind the counter, and have seen many folks come and go since then. (but not as many as this latest round) Go figure...

nobody mans the reloading area anymore either apparently, you gotta go track someone down for something behind the counter

Maybe news to just me, but they updated their website. Defaults to a Smart-phone size screen but you can switch to large desk size.

wow, they're old website sucked but this one (the full desktop site) sucks just as much in a totally different way. They may as well have just put a link to google maps and their phone number on a blank page. It would give you just as much info as this worthless generic site does.

Was in there this past Wednesday... Why are they limiting powder to one pound per customer when the shelf is well stocked?

I went down the road to shooters and purchased 8 lbs

Was in there this past Wednesday... Why are they limiting powder to one pound per customer when the shelf is well stocked?

Really? Sounds like they need to check out life outside the bunker. Powder is doing pretty well right now, and Shooter's has had a ton the last few times I've been in.

they do the same with primers too, been doing so for at least 2 years now. God knows why.

Anybody know if either Shooters or Rileys has VV N320 or N340 powder in stock?

I bought 16lbs from the go-to online "powder" vendor which I'm sure you're well aware of. But anyway I bought my limit, kept 8 pounds for myself, and sold the rest in the classifieds, had it sold within 2 days. I wouldn't mind trying N340 or N350 since they have 1 pounders in stock last time I checked.

Can you give us any examples?
Awhile ago they had milsurp 30-06........two enblocs (16 rounds) for $12. Considering most shops get more than a buck a bang for 30-06 i thought that was decent. 38 special is 3-4 bucks less than up the street at shooters or bass pro. I think it was 21 bucks for american eagle 130 grain fmj. They get 115 for a spam can of 7.62x54r

Looks like they consulted with IDC on website content and structure. [rofl]

What are those? Whole site has been down the last few times I've checked (over months). Their publicly visible FB posts are recent but focusing online presence there is not the same thing for those of us who don't want to join FB.

Where are the used guns at Riley's

For a store the size of Riley's, there are very few used guns for sale. Do they wholesale them or sell them on a secondary market?

Back
Top Bottom