• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Riley's Gun Shop - Hooksett NH

Ralph sold it to his son and an invester. The invester bought Ralphs son out a few months ago. Unfortunately nothing stays the same. Ralph had deep pockets and was truly a nice guy.

Change is one thing. Leaving dark brown skid marks on the bowl is another....

Change is one thing. Leaving dark brown skid marks on the bowl is another....

Yup, your right. I met ralph and Denver about 30 years ago. I can remember no matter when I went there Denver was always there. Even towards the end before he passed he was in there. God rest his soul.

Was there a week ago to pick up some bullets.. The cupboards were BARE!!!!!!!!!!! Those back shelves used to be filled with Berry's bulk boxes. THen stopped at Shooters and found a ton of Berry's bulk boxes piled up on the floor where they never used to have any... Coincidence??

P.S. Powder prices were outrageous.

I was there a couple of weeks ago and noticed the lack of stuff that they used to have a lot of. I also noticed that there were a lot more black rifles and customers for them along with suppressors and those customers too. That and the pistol counter seemed to be where the action was. Sounds like they are catering to current trends and abandoning the stuff they traditional stuff (used guns & reloading supplies).

I won't be surprised to see them redo the interior to eliminate a lot of those empty used rifle racks and downsize/repurpose the reloading area. Sad, but not surprised.

Sounds like they are catering to current trends and abandoning the stuff they traditional stuff (used guns & reloading supplies).
not really much different than any other shop. very few around now that have a well rounded inventory any more. this change is creeping in everywhere.

Popped in while racing to an appointment yesterday. Ammo selection was fine. Good choices for 10mm. Didn't have time to check out the reloading area.

Had anyone done a transfer (to MA)with them lately? I have done some with them in the past but some times it was more of a hassle depending on who you got. I could always pick up the phone but wanted to hear people's experiences.

How was their bulk ammo selection? 5.56 and 9mm. The last few times I was there selection was on the slim side. Have gone there for years when I am on the way north, hope it does not fade away.

How was their bulk ammo selection? 5.56 and 9mm. The last few times I was there selection was on the slim side. Have gone there for years when I am on the way north, hope it does not fade away.

no point in going that far north when you can go to Collectors in Merrimack and get the best prices on bulk ammo around.

The "that far north" is not an issue as when I go by that area I am only half way to my destination. BUT I have heard so many good things about Collectors it is a definite stop for my next trip up. Hopefully in a month or so. I need to check their website out.

The "that far north" is not an issue as when I go by that area I am only half way to my destination. BUT I have heard so many good things about Collectors it is a definite stop for my next trip up. Hopefully in a month or so. I need to check their website out.

like most gun stores, their website kinda blows. You won't get anything useful from it but the address and hours.

Was there a week ago to pick up some bullets.. The cupboards were BARE!!!!!!!!!!! Those back shelves used to be filled with Berry's bulk boxes. THen stopped at Shooters and found a ton of Berry's bulk boxes piled up on the floor where they never used to have any... Coincidence??

P.S. Powder prices were outrageous.

SO has carried Berry's for a long time. They recently moved the ammo section (last summer) and it's greatly improved with how much they can have out on the floor at any time.

like most gun stores, their website kinda blows. You won't get anything useful from it but the address and hours.

I got an address but no hours. I will call before my trip. Be fun just to check them out. I will probably hit Shooters also and maybe go on down to Riley's. Last few trips there have not been too productive.

SO has carried Berry's for a long time. They recently moved the ammo section (last summer) and it's greatly improved with how much they can have out on the floor at any time.

Bought my Berry's at shooters last time, everyone was too busy at Riley's to get me reloading stuff. Last trip Shooters did not have any 9mm Berry's on hand, looked like they were waiting for a shipment. I will check this time around.

I've gotten reloading supplies at SO for years. This is different. This pile (and I mean pile) was not on shelves. It was against the left hand wall and was not particularly organized. And it had at least 10 time the amount of bullets than I have ever seen. ANd please note that the shelves behind the new reloading counter were full of the normal amount of bullets. THese were additional.

Bought my Berry's at shooters last time, everyone was too busy at Riley's to get me reloading stuff. Last trip Shooters did not have any 9mm Berry's on hand, looked like they were waiting for a shipment. I will check this time around.

Does SO or Rileys actually have better pricing on bullets versus buying online?? I never looked at bullet prices whenever I go to SO or Rileys since I buy all my bullets (Berrys, Xtreme, Zero, Hornady, Nosler etc) online. Not to derail the thread but I was just curious.

Does SO or Rileys actually have better pricing on bullets versus buying online?? I never looked at bullet prices whenever I go to SO or Rileys since I buy all my bullets (Berrys, Xtreme, Zero, Hornady, Nosler etc) online. Not to derail the thread but I was just curious.

PM'd you

Last edited:
I was at Riley's Monday and while I didn't spend too long looking around it looks pretty much the same to me as it did the last 6 times I have been there in the last year. I mistakenly bought hard cast instead of plated Berry's .45s and they exchanged them with no questions so that was good. I was concerned I'd have to sell the 1000 and buy the right ones.

if i can go to riley's on a weekday, i really like rileys. there are some real knowledgeable guys there.
when i've gone on a weekend, i'd rather just wait at SO for my number to be called because at least i can walk around.

Stopped in to Riley's after the show today. Now there are toy muskets on the back wall where there used to be two rows of guns. What the hell is going on? The shelves are looking pretty damn bare. Has anyone heard anything?

Keep an eye out for a "Swarovski rifle scope" on Armslist and the like: https://www.facebook.com/Rileys-Sport-Shop-Inc-567227996638889/?fref=nf
UL said:
Hooskett police are asking for help in identifying a man who reportedly "made a fraudulent transaction" involving a rifle scope priced at more than $2,000. Police said the man, seen in the accompanying surveillance image, purchased a Swarovski rifle scope for $2,299 on March 10 at Riley’s Gun Shop at 1575 Hooksett Road. Police said the store reported it as a "fraudulent transaction." No other details were given.
2rxe3cn.jpg

Stopped in to Riley's after the show today. Now there are toy muskets on the back wall where there used to be two rows of guns. What the hell is going on? The shelves are looking pretty damn bare. Has anyone heard anything?
Today there was a big section of wall removed entirely next to where the .22LR ammo used to be.

I asked one of the old guys behind the counter... they've moved a bunch of stock into the back room temporarily, they're going to put up slat wall where the gap is now, and otherwise move a bunch of things around after this weekend.

Today there was a big section of wall removed entirely next to where the .22LR ammo used to be.

I asked one of the old guys behind the counter... they've moved a bunch of stock into the back room temporarily, they're going to put up slat wall where the gap is now, and otherwise move a bunch of things around after this weekend.

Darn, I was planning on heading up there tomorrow, I probably still will anyways. By back room, do you mean where they kept the reloading supplies?

Back
Top Bottom