• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

RIFLE RAFFLE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today is the day... I spent last night going to sleep listening to Lexy's mom crying softly about today. Lexy on the other hand was busy facebooking like any other NORMAL teenage girl. Today, they left the house at 0800, my wife and I saw mom this morning, and she was in good spirits. Lex is on FB right now, making jokes about loosing a piece of a leg and trash talking some of the kids who arent nearly as strong as she is. Procedure starts at noon, and is 4 to 5 hours long. The procedure is similar to what they do for our brothers and sisters in arms who have lower leg amputations, so heres to a sucessful procedure!!! When I hear something, Ill let you all know!

Thanks for the update.
Next person to purchase at least two tickets pm me your conformations and address I'll mail you out the Primary Arms weaponlight I have for sale for your contribution.

Please send along my wishes for a speedy recoop! VERY glad to hear that the cancer hasn't spread. It's amazing how well young adults can cope with such devastating news. Prayers and good thoughts, going out to her, and her family. Go Lexy, Go!

This is a wonderful thing you are doing.... many people don't realize the costs that add up from supporting someone that has cancer.

The days off that the "sole income" provider has to take off, the gas back and forth from the hospital, tests that aren't covered by insurance, prescription costs, medical supplies, etc....

Wish I could do more right now, but we are taking a cherished family vay-cay, so money is tight. (Recooping from my own C battle)

Please keep us updated!

Thanks for doing this!

From Lexys care page

Lexy has awesome spirits all morning, we pushed the coffee table out of the way and got a few last back hand springs in. We are now starting her new world and Im sure she will be back hand springing with her new leg in some time. She got checked in at 1030 and the process started, epidural was in place and she handled that well.

Doing back hand springs before the surgery, amazing.

Gixxer, I confirm reciept of two donations from Red87930.... and thank you for adding to the pot!!! we are just shy of 3 thousand dollars ladies and gentlemen. I am waiting to hear from Lexys mom how the surgery went... she SHOULD be in recovery right about now... hoping and praying thats where shes at.

4 more for today. I have my iPhone on eBay, I'll get 4 more when it sells.

Confirmation number: 4LL4010716321832C
Confirmation number: 8LP64979B3525382L
Confirmation number: 61782802J5113923B
Confirmation number: 1C109071HN2321336

BOSTON!!! ... you have CORNERED THE MARKET on donations brother!! Where do I start with the humility.... you guys rock.. we are OVER 3 GRAND!!! I cant wait to present this check!!!! or the rifle!! or the ammo!!!!

Just got the update from Lexys page:

Dr. Gebhart ,met us in the waiting area and evrything went very well we are in recovery for a short time more then off to 10th floor northwest not sure of a room ### yet.Everything from pain meds to temporary prosthesis went well. Alexis is drinking some water and snacking on crackers, wants real food ....... she is a TROOPER......

PS. Dont tell the nurse but she's blowing up her phone with text messages

Keep believing and showing your support everyone, on to the next step of this journey.

Love Glenn, Julie, Alexis and Kailey

........Shaking my head.... the kids been out of surgery a little over 2 hours.... I just talked to her on Facebook!!!! .... when I had stomach surgery I was a bitch for two days after... just goes to show you how resilient kids are.....

I also talked it over with Lex, and at my wifes suggestion, we are going to take a small amount of the donation and get her mom a half day spa treatment..... she has been just as much a trooper... ( I secretly thought of asking Lexy if she wanted to go too and mess with the staff with her prosthetic, but Ill wait :eek:)

Here's to Lexy. Hoping for a speedy recovery and continued high spirits. a few more!

5BP892853T799974U
22K062447T3692226
7LD71660M55254601
4FY011136T468143T

we are going to take a small amount of the donation and get her mom a half day spa treatment

Wanted to add a little more to the pot so maybe you could add a facial or something to the spa day (I know nothing about Spa's other than the women in my life would love a spa day!). I hope she enjoys it.

Confirmation number: 62E95868PG065805M

Yeah... they like the attention I guess LOL .. got my wife one a few years ago and I could do NO WRONG for about 2 hours!!

Good morning good people.!!! Two more Updates from Lexys page....

Its midnight Lex is chatty patty on the phone, we wont get interrupted until 3am, she has her button for pain case needed. She had a quick sickness possible from anesthesia, but felt good after it came out. She got out of the johnny and put regular pjs on. We also, when we were alone, she asked to see her legs. One has a wrap pumping circulation on her good leg and her temporary not weight bearing prosthetic looks good. I was able to throw a flipflop on it thanks to Bob for making the space and its ready for a pedicure. She was okay looking at her new piece. Its very awkward for her with the epidural the having no feeling below waste, she wants to move. The right foot she tried hard and got it to move a little. I wouldnt expect anything less from her, she has the drive and desire. Keep believing !

and this morning...
A new day to a new life and its sunny and I dont think Lexy slept maybe 3 hrs total on & off. Lexy is not in any pain, she is feeling pins needles from it wearing off, they shifted her through the night. She is getting some feeling in her right leg. Kai just came in 630 the anesthesiologist and spoke to her. He wants no pain at all below the waste for the transition, so her epidural med will increase and will stay in until prob.Sunday. Kai couldnt believe how she looked so good. Overall not a bad night just very dry in here and the pain med make u very itchy, so we are getting more of that med shortly only can get it 4 hrs. Nurse Jess was sweet too. Lets see what the day brings

What a remarkable young lady Lexi is. Please keep the updates coming but I understand her recovery comes first.

Thank you,

Tom

Confirmation number: 7U887275D5902915D & 9CR2969314647803C

I like the rifle ... but screw it. If you had nothing to raffle I would still donate. Best to her and you. You should have $50 coming your way from our family. Keep on smiling and living ....

kurtb

Last edited:
Ok Brian, I am finally in...for 2
Confirmation: 6PH789649D409952L & 5U542259M05342257'

Told you I would get in...all the way from Warren New Hampshire too!!! Anybody from NES up this way?? I am at Moose Hillock Campground...PM Me

Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Confirmation number: 0MW87109D7111202E
Confirmation number: 52V30841J3117530D
Confirmation number: 3M926217VC9710234
Confirmation number: 7EU267140D827243R

Good morning all, thank you for the chances !!! Scotty Ill take em from wherever!!! Duke, you da man...Mort!!! Incredible generosity!! Ray Ray... sorry to say... this is an ULTRA MODERN rifle so Im not sure you will like it LOL......

Lexy' sitting up in bed, prosthetic on, and wanting to get the epidural OUT!!! I guess shes a little anxious to try out the new leg, and tired of using a bedpan!! GO KIDDO GO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom