Rich people using LEOSA via "reserve" officer scam to arm their bodyguards

DispositionMatrix

NES Member
This was meant to be a hit piece on the Koch bothers. The authors probably don't realize how prevalent this practice is. Pretty sure Shaq did this as well, and Marky Mark tried.
Koch Bodyguards Got Police Badges From Same Tiny Town as Mercer
Bodyguards for the family of billionaire industrialists Charles and David Koch used police badges from a tiny New Mexico town that authorized them to carry concealed weapons in all 50 U.S. states, according to documents seen by Bloomberg News.
The arrangement with Lake Arthur illustrates how a 2004 federal law, enacted to improve the safety of the nation’s police officers by allowing them to carry weapons off-duty, has come to be used by some of the nation’s wealthiest people to arm themselves or their private security forces.
The guards identified by Bloomberg News are mostly former military commandos, including ex-Navy SEALs. Since they attracted notice for their political spending almost a decade ago, the Kochs have been vilified by the left and have been subjected to frequent death threats.
Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act - Wikipedia

This is news? I would figure anyone with the means would be "wall hacking via LEOSA" to get privs....

-Mike
Bloomberg News. The "news" is the Koch brothers are involved. The reality is gun prohibitionists like are very likely doing it as well.

Last edited:
f*** this bullshit talk, how do I get deputized from this New Mexico town?

this could be very lucrative business, like Delaware is home to most corporations in US.

1. Find a Sheriff that's about to get reelected.
2. Find out how much of a "donation" would be required to get Deputy status (that qualifies under LEOSA)
3. Make a "donation".
4. Get training, get creds (depends on state / agency / etc)
5. Profit.

f*** this bullshit talk, how do I get deputized from this New Mexico town?
1. Find a Sheriff that's about to get reelected.
2. Find out how much of a "donation" would be required to get Deputy status (that qualifies under LEOSA)
3. Make a "donation".
4. Get training, get creds (depends on state / agency / etc)
5. Profit.

I speak 100% seriously, you need make this a consulting service, find these sheriffs, square out deal, I'd be glad to pay you finders fee. You can make a lot of money. Do it!

No need to go to NM. Join one of the Hack Auxilary Sheriff Associations that are in this state. Middlesex Sheriff's Association is thousands strong and each is issued and ID and badge. With the ID you can easily get yourself many LEO perks. Or so I've heard.....

No need to go to NM. Join one of the Hack Auxilary Sheriff Associations that are in this state. Middlesex Sheriff's Association is thousands strong and each is issued and ID and badge. With the ID you can easily get yourself many LEO perks. Or so I've heard.....

Those stupid reserve sheriffs badges wont qualify under LEOSA. They don't meet the LEOSA requirements/guidelines in any way shape or form.

-Mike

Bloomberg News. The "news" is the Koch brothers are involved. The reality is people gun prohibitionists like are very likely doing it as well.

Yep. I'm sure there are plenty of libs that have this. Let's do another hit piece on the Koch Bros. Because this is Bloomberg, where Op-Ed means Front-Page.

EDIT
And besides buying a new Glock, what perq's does this badge get me?????

I speak 100% seriously, you need make this a consulting service, find these sheriffs, square out deal, I'd be glad to pay you finders fee. You can make a lot of money. Do it!
It might be one of the least corrupt things in which those sheriffs would be involved.

Why look for sheriffs? Why can't you just find one of those towns that is "for sale" and just run the department yourself. Sell people housing options in the town then deputize every single one of them.

Why look for sheriffs? Why can't you just find one of those towns that is "for sale" and just run the department yourself. Sell people housing options in the town then deputize every single one of them.

shut up already and take my money! ... then everyone in town will be LEO and have a gun, it would be like the safest place in the world just because everyone has a badge! [laugh]

All depends on how close you are to the Sheriff. Or so I've heard.......

Yeah, but if you're that close, then you're going to end up in the category I'm talking about, with a badge, creds, and training, that are leosa compliant. Paying the $150 and showing up at the dinner won't get you that.... . [laugh]

EG:

In 18 USC § 926B(c),[10] "qualified law enforcement officer" is defined as any individual employed by a governmental agency, state or local municipality, or private agency/firm who:
  1. is authorized by law to engage in or supervise the prevention, detection, investigation, or prosecution of, or the incarceration of any person for, any violation of law, and has statutory powers of arrest, or apprehension under section 807(b) of title 10, United States Code (article 7(b) of the Uniform Code of Military Justice); This includes state and public college/university police officers.
  2. is authorized by the agency to carry a firearm;
  3. is not the subject of any disciplinary action by the agency which could result in suspension or loss of police powers;
  4. meets standards, if any, established by the agency which require the employee to regularly qualify in the use of a firearm;
  5. is not under the influence of alcohol or another intoxicating or hallucinatory drug or substance; and
  6. is not prohibited by Federal law from receiving a firearm.
Additionally, 18 USC § 926B requires that the individual must carry photographic identification issued by the governmental agency for which the individual is employed that identifies the employee as a police officer or law enforcement officer of the agency.

-Mike

I have an idea . . . let everyone in this country become LEOSA ... everyone is special, guns for everyone! [rofl]
You joke, but this is something that I have considered as a viable workaround for some otherwise stupid restrictions.

A few years ago there were some Middlesex auxiliary "sheriffs" who open carried in Dorchester, and got bitch slapped by BPD for it.

shut up already and take my money! ... then everyone in town will be LEO and have a gun, it would be like the safest place in the world just because everyone has a badge! [laugh]

If I was a very rich man I would go this route. Though I could just as likely go the route of proposing a symbiotic relationship with whatever Sheriff covered the area I decided to buy a bunch of land in. Friends are easy to make when everyone wants something from you ....

"Most of the bodyguards are former military and/or special forces". Why would the left have a problem with them carrying? According to them, only cops and military should have guns anyway. Oh yeah, cuz they're "former". I guess as soon as you're discharged you forget everything you knew. Stupid me

"Most of the bodyguards are former military and/or special forces". Why would the left have a problem with them carrying? According to them, only cops and military should have guns anyway. Oh yeah, cuz they're "former". I guess as soon as you're discharged you forget everything you knew. Stupid me
Don't forget. The left also thinks all military members are morons who couldn't hack it in school and are baby killing animals

...but somehow the only ones that should have certain firearms.

I've Policed up brass & cigarette butts before...Can I have badge plz?

Don't forget. The left also thinks all military members are morons who couldn't hack it in school and are baby killing animals

...but somehow the only ones that should have certain firearms.
Thought that was just the esteemed ex-Senator from Mass, the honorable John Keary

Vets are still second class citizens, "civilians" because if you note, many restrictions go away for retired cops, not vets.

I thought that NH free state organization was figuring something like this. I can see a little town building a "police academy", offer summer camp where you are trained and employed, then retired. It would make shitload of money. If you got a badge, living in MA or NY is suddenly not bad at all, it's like no AWB has ever happened plus you can go around saying shit like "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?! I AM THE LAW" ... people would line up miles long to take that camp.

If I'm not mistaken, there's an NES member who has one of these 'badges' from New Mexico.
Based on my cursory internet research, there are a lot of options for similar credentials here in MA. Looks like you could get in the door with about 20 hours of training.

Back
Top Bottom