• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Retaliation strikes by Iran have begun...

So what happens if they start lobbing missles into Israel and lure them into a fight? I remember Saddam tried that back in 91. Does Israel jumping in change the dynamic and draw other muzzie countries in?

There's a difference between then and now. Back then we were trying to hold together a large coalition and needed Saudi and Emirate support. Israel jumping into the conflict would have caused that whole thing to unravel.

Now who gives a flying f***. If Iran wants to poke Israel, then Israel will respond and nothing good will happen for Iran for a very long time. Don't forget Israel has had nukes for a long time now....

Good points and I think that schools are sitting ducks for organized terror attacks in the US like the Beslan school siege in Russia many years ago and death tolls in the hundreds. If all it takes is one mental teenager to kill 10, 20, 30 people in a school, imagine a small team of terrorists trained specifically for such attacks.

Israel has it figured out how to protect schools: they have an armed officer in every one of them for just that reason. Here in the US, we're not allowed by the Democrats or media to even discuss putting guns in schools because to do so is acknowledging defeat to the NRA and the response is more gun laws. Hell, there was a murder last week in RI that has made national headlines now because the dopey, politically appointed cops said the gun used was 3D printed and already there are calls to ban them in RI by lawmakers, yet there's no definitive proof that it was 3D printed.

It's been almost 19 years since 9/11 and we're still having to go through ever more intensive TSA screenings and that's never going to change. In fact, we're more likely to get TSA agents on board buses and subways before the decade is over than we are to see airport screenings relaxed.

When I think about what would be the easiest attack the durkas could pull that would cause most casualties is them renting a uhaul and plowing it into a crowd. Next think you know every car will be turned into an autonomous vehicle so that people can't drive cars into crowds anymore, but the result will be increased deaths due to computer errors.

Believe it or not I think some of the terrorists aren't really interested in plain blood baths. Bin Laden was said to have refused some bloody suggested methods, he wanted to destroy symbols of the West and not just kill Americans. A school used by the elites would be a target but those are probably well protected since they'll have politician's kids, whose lives are more valuable than our kids'.

One of the ironic legacy's of the wars is that the Taliban hated Iran and were actually gearing up for war on the boarder with Iran. This was one of the problems that was found when the west was trying to collect up weapons given to fight the Soviets. When the Soviets left the West slowly started to try to pick up some of the more sophisticated/expensive equipment. Between China and Russia buying it for R&D and the urge to hoard weapons due to the Iranians it was hard.

So what happens if they start lobbing missles into Israel and lure them into a fight? I remember Saddam tried that back in 91. Does Israel jumping in change the dynamic and draw other muzzie countries in?

They may lob missiles AT Israel but it’s a close bet if they’ll HIT the country they’re aiming at.

And Israel’s problem with Iran has always been legs. They can do a one way trip but that’s it. They need someplace to gas and go.

And Israel’s problem with Iran has always been legs. They can do a one way trip but that’s it. They need someplace to gas and go.

Israel has some ancient tankers in service (they just ordered new ones, IIRC) but they could cobble together enough of a force to do this if they
really wanted to.

-Mike

I mean, yes and no. The real problem is that to get to Iran, they have to overfly some very unfriendly territory. When they hit Iraq, they were able to pass over the Saudi desert where there was very little population and radar coverage. To get to Iran, they would have to overfly some population centers where someone might take a shot at them.

They may lob missiles AT Israel but it’s a close bet if they’ll HIT the country they’re aiming at.

I was reading somewhere that Iran has laser guided stuff that is pretty accurate but they didn't break any of it out for their little show last night. Will it get through Israel's air defenses? Who knows.

Feels like last night's "show" was choreographed and negotiated. No US forces killed. Just property damage.

Iran tells their people they retaliated against the evil US. The US says since no one was killed and only property damage we'll move forward with sanctions and negotiations. Win-Win in the eyes of the public.

And Iran is on notice that Trump is nor effing around like his predecessor...

Can you see Lizzy Warren in this situation? She'd send over a basket of nice baked goods, or an airplane full of cash, and ask them to play nice with no retaliation.

I have to give Iran credit here. This was the smartest move they could have made. The next smart move would be to actively pursue deescalation and negotiate a new nuclear treaty which they intend to abide by. No tail between their legs gesture is necessary, they just need to convince us that they do want peace and peaceful coexistence with our allies. A rational state actor would realize that their present modus operandi is not working.

It might also be celebratory fire. Woo hoo, Americans bombed, let's all run out into the streets and just start shooting up. What could go wrong?

It looks like someone just sent over another couple of rockets.

Bob

Two rockets crashed late Wednesday into the Iraqi capital's Green Zone, the high-security enclave where foreign embassies including the US mission are based, security sources told AFP.

The attack came nearly 24 hours after Tehran launched ballistic missiles at Iraqi bases housing American and other coalition forces in retaliation for the US killing top Iranian general Qasem Soleimani.

Just before midnight, AFP's correspondents in Baghdad heard two loud blasts followed by the wailing security sirens of the Green Zone.

More to follow

i24NEWS

Looks like Mostafa, Ladan, and Quresh better stop clowning around by the rocket batteries.

Personally I would like to see them get an EMP.
Not that setting them back to the stone age would be a long trip, but it would prove a point and not give them the propaganda value of little bodies that were put around high value targets as human shields getting pulled out of rubble.

It looks like someone just sent over another couple of rockets.

Bob

Two rockets crashed late Wednesday into the Iraqi capital's Green Zone, the high-security enclave where foreign embassies including the US mission are based, security sources told AFP.

The attack came nearly 24 hours after Tehran launched ballistic missiles at Iraqi bases housing American and other coalition forces in retaliation for the US killing top Iranian general Qasem Soleimani.

Just before midnight, AFP's correspondents in Baghdad heard two loud blasts followed by the wailing security sirens of the Green Zone.

More to follow

i24NEWS

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otsQxq2b7a4

Yup, a couple more missiles landed in Baghdad. Source not identified yet. Landed inside the "Green Zone" in Baghdad where the US Embassy is located. Someone is still screwing around...

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

I think the primary victims of this attack are the passengers/crew on the Ukrainian flight. #notsurprised if the Iranians shot it down by accident

I think this is VERY likely.

I also think we'll never, ever know definitively.

Back
Top Bottom