RESULTS OF THE 2016 GREAT NES CMP M1 CARBINE ORDER

What make of M1 Carbine did you receive from CMP?

• Winchester

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Inland

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Saginaw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Quality Hardware

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Underwood

• Standard Products

• Total voters

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
Just setting this up in advance. Who knows; maybe two to four weeks. In the poll post the make of carbine you received, and reply post your pictures!

T

1st DBU: Andrew1220

Order Received 2/1/16

We have received and verified your recent order. You will receive other emails as the order progresses.

Your customer # is The order will not show as pending on the estore until the Sales Department processes and assigns an order number to it. If you have any problems logging onto the estore, please let us know.

The shipping time will be determined by the amount of orders ahead of your order.

Thank you for your order and your support of our program.

Melody Kirby
Civilian Marksmanship Program-South
Distribution Supervisor

Last edited:
So we're 1/30 so far, or a 3% success rate. If there are indeed 2,000 carbines for the 5,000 applicants of February 1st, that means an eventual success rate of 40%. In our case 40% of 30 applications is 12 lucky winners. We can only hope.

T

Sent 1-29-2016 priority mail
Received 2-2-2016
DBU 3-9-2016 12:55 pm
E store 3-10-2016 2:30 pm Service grade

I gave up hope long ago when my priority mail took 5 days to get to the CMP. I'll keep you guys posted. Good luck to all!

Last edited:
So much for their statement of 'priority' given to the 5,000 orders that arrived on the 1st. Bad for us, good for you!

T

Last edited:
So much for their statement of 'priority' given to the 5,000 orders that arrived on the 1st. Bad for us, good for you!.

T

Yeah there seems to be some stink on how several people got orders into the mix after the 1st.
Congrats to those who got thier carbines.

The way I read the statement I saw was. The first 1000 rifles will be filled by all orders received on the 1st. The 1000 or so rifles coming from the arm will be to fill remaining back orders. May have been wishful thinking at the time on my part but is seems as though they combined all orders and it could be luck of the draw for second batch of rifles.

The way I read the statement I saw was. The first 1000 rifles will be filled by all orders received on the 1st. The 1000 or so rifles coming from the arm will be to fill remaining back orders. May have been wishful thinking at the time on my part but is seems as though they combined all orders and it could be luck of the draw for second batch of rifles.

I think the 5k orders on the first covered the back order? Anyhow is what it is.

That's a perspective I hadn't considered and would explain why there's several people with 2/2 orders getting carbines while others with 2/1 orders are still waiting. That's gotta be the reason.

Looks line like my order is marked as shipped, serial number is 299764. This should put it as an early Inland. Is that correct?

1943 Inland received

Here are some photos of the 1943 Inland service grade that I have received.

Attachments

• inland_01.jpg
    inland_01.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 35
  • inland_04.jpg
    inland_04.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 35
  • inland_06.jpg
    inland_06.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 33
  • inland_02.jpg
    inland_02.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Nice early one with clean wood; is it an Inland stock?

Still hoping, but I think our 30 orders have hit their 20%.

T

1943 Inland service grade received

Attachments

• IMG_0739.jpg
    IMG_0739.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0738.jpg
    IMG_0738.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0737.jpg
    IMG_0737.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0736.jpg
    IMG_0736.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0735.jpg
    IMG_0735.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 27
Picked it up at the FedEX hub after work. Quality Hardware as expected, 1+/1+, with pleasing patina on the metal. Barrel is WRA, bolt AOB (IBM), both stock pieces (potbelly) are IO (Inland), trigger group is S (Saginaw?), and hammer is Quality Hardware. Old style spring tube for op rod (AOB). Stock has some interesting markings; STD PROD RWH, BU over 1, and a rack number on the grip, #172. I can't see an ordinance wheel - it may show up once I clean the gunk off it. I prefer the slim M1 stock over the potbelly, but I'll keep it on for now.

Supper first, then disassembly, cleaning, oiling, and a little linseed oil on the stock.

T

Last edited:
Stock was ridiculously easy. Started with hot soapy water and a Scotch-Brite sponge. Once dry, a wipe with mineral spirits. Next a quick wipe with Minwax Special Walnut to even the finish. After that a wipe of BLO. I finished with a wipe of Howard's Feed and wax. The little white spots were paint; I flicked those off with an Exacto knife. I put the metal back on for the pics. Now I'll start in on the metal. The barrel floats nicely and everything is snug. This should be a great shooter.

Once cleaned up, it looks like a service grade to me for $50 less.

T

Last edited:
Stock was ridiculously easy. Started with hot soapy water and a Scotch-Brite sponge. Once dry, a wipe with mineral spirits. Next a quick wipe with Minwax Special Walnut to even the finish. After that a wipe of BLO. I finished with a wipe of Howard's Feed and Wzax. The little white spots were paint; I flicked those off with an Exacto knife. I put the metal back on for the pics. Now I'll start in on the metal. The barrel floats nicely and everything is snug. This should be a great shooter.

Once cleaned up, it looks like a service grade to me for $50 less.

T

I agree, that definitely seems like a service grade. I need to get around to cleaning up my Winchester stock. I bought some raw linseed oil and some cheesecloth.

Back
Top Bottom