• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Resource officers to get AR 15 in the schools

Putting rifles in the schools misses the point.

If the SRO has the time to go to the safe, unlock and load and then deploy the rifle, he's already behind the curve when it comes to engaging an active shooter.

And let's not forget: despite the misleading vividness of news coverage, an active school shooter is so rare as to be a statistical blip.

But, never miss a chance to spend more money on police when it will produce zero results, I guess.

If the SRO has the time to go to the safe, unlock and load and then deploy the rifle, he's already behind the curve when it comes to engaging an active shooter.

And let's not forget: despite the misleading vividness of news coverage, an active school shooter is so rare as to be a statistical blip.

But, never miss a chance to spend more money on police when it will produce zero results, I guess.
I honestly think that in the SROs case they are better off having extended mags with an optic on their gun. By the time the sro gets to the gun locker, racks a round into the ar-15 whatever.. the breaching equipment while useful there is something called keys that can open locked doors.

Up in Massachusetts SROs are full time police officers. Down south they are retired older cops. Which can go either way.

Either A. The cop is a good guy will move mountains to save the kids or

B. He is an older guy who is there with the baby Glock in the crappy Serpa no spare mags no vest and just the school radio no police radio and maybe a pair of Handcuffs or

C. A cop who has all the gear but cant physically stop the shooter due to medical issues of his own aka his health is too bad to be an sro.

Keep in mind sheriff's are elected in NC and have chief law enforcement powers outside of an incorporated area. A lot of NC sheriff's are 2A sanctuary counties. Down here if it hits the fan and the city can't handle it we don't call the highway patrol/state police they call the Sheriff/County police and they swarm the area with dogs and swat.. similar to how Massachusetts State Police operate. The highway patrol then shows up randomly.

Pairs of officers with SBRs & SMGs stroll around the tourist spots in London, Paris, Berlin, Rome, etc. All those Democrats on vacation don’t seem to take much notice…

Hell. All the Government has to do is SAY that ALL SCHOOL Resource Officers will be given M4's, vests and training; and schools NATIONWIDE will become the safest
stretches of America there is. Of course, there will have to actually be some videos of rifles/vests/training and Media Coverage... Lots of Media Coverage.

Churches will then take the brunt of it...

Pairs of officers with SBRs & SMGs stroll around the tourist spots in London, Paris, Berlin, Rome, etc. All those Democrats on vacation don’t seem to take much notice…
Funny enough, back when Europeans visiting Americans objected to seeing all American police carrying pistols (and nothing more, except there might have been a shotgun in the trunk), police and military were carrying SMGs in every European airport.

Funny enough, back when Europeans visiting Americans objected to seeing all American police carrying pistols (and nothing more, except there might have been a shotgun in the trunk), police and military were carrying SMGs in every European airport.
Pre-2001, my folks went to Paris for a long weekend. Probably the biggest culture shock thing for my mother (as described by my father) was seeing those SMGs when they got off the plane.

Hell. All the Government has to do is SAY that ALL SCHOOL Resource Officers will be given M4's, vests and training; and schools NATIONWIDE will become the safest
stretches of America there is. Of course, there will have to actually be some videos of rifles/vests/training and Media Coverage... Lots of Media Coverage.

Churches will then take the brunt of it...
Used to be workplace mass shootings topped the list. These days of government dole, nut job is their only job.

5745F2B6-047A-4D5F-9284-5E75BD71EB92.jpeg

2021 FBI data below. Open Space is up. That’s not defined in FBI reports - more defined by not being in the other categories - somewhere outside on street, in parks, etc.

084EADF8-1316-4027-BE06-3F5B82EB3CE1.jpeg

Last edited:
If you work from home, is it still a "Workplace Shooting"...?

1659968844578.png

Concur 100%.

And I would add: stashing weapons in a safe is not a tactically wise decision. All some skell needs is a box opener to the neck of the school principal and he gets access to some effective weapons that he did not have to acquire on the street or carry into the building.

Back
Top Bottom