• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Res vs Non-Res Background Check?

MaverickNH

NES Member
So I'm on week 5 of waiting for my Non-Res LTC-A ALP renewal - takes 2-3months sometimes...mine expires in 3 weeks, so it's a crap shoot whether I get the renewal before it expires.

I usually call weekly after 1 month and they usually say the background check hasn't come back yet.

So, with people talking about 3 week turn-around for resident LTCs, I figure there must be a MA-accessible database for MA residents , but not one for Non-residents, so it takes longer. Maybe off to FBI or something?

They dropped the requirement for a Criminal Background Check letter from one's home state this year, except for NY, NY and a few select others.

Three-week turnaround for residents sounds way too quick. I just filed for my renewal, in my very LTC-friendly town, with my very LTC-friendly Sergeant, and he told me to expect 8 to 10 weeks.

My Wife has to wait 2 MONTHS just for the "interview". Thus I expect her renewal this time will take 4-5 months.

There is no "database" to check.

It depends on how fast the PD and CHSB each do their respective jobs. With Summer, vacations and an influx of FID renewals severely impact turn-around times.

None of the agencies involved look upon LTC/FID applications as a "high priority" either.

The bummer with Non-res LTCs is the yearly renewal at $100 - 2-3 months waiting is a bigger chunk of time annually than every 4 years. But better than nothing, for sure...

Back
Top Bottom