Remembering Carol DiMaiti & son Christopher, 25 years later

Charles and his wife lived on the Reading/Wakefield line, close to where I grew up. I remember this case...the brother was a ***k up.

He graduated from the Voke in Wakefield too, I was a freshman there at the time. Several months later I was in the Culinary Arts class, which he graduated out of, and the shop head had nothing but good things to say about how he remembered him. I remember thinking it was a weird response given the circumstances

The footage recorded by "Rescue 911" that night is heart-wrenching, and I imagine too that it was heavily edited for broadcast. You get a quick glimpse of Carol being pulled out of the car, and you can see from her abdomen that she's obviously pregnant. It's awful.

Susan Wornick did a bit of time over not revealing a source.

My brother-in-law was killed in January 1990 because of that murdering piece of shit and his brother.
It was clearly a race killing but Flynn and Evans begged my wife's family not to say as much.

33...kinda weird I never heard of it.

You were 8 and your family probably tried to protect you from all the bad stories, it was a tough time in Boston history. Cops used it as an excuse to search every black kid they saw. I was doing a job in Roxbury at the time and it was tough to keep out of trouble because black kids were using it as an excuse to cause trouble.

Also of note, is that after the truth came out, Carol's parents knew that the Mission Hill residents and community were victims too.....and they set up a scholarship fund in Carol's name, for kids from Mission Hill to use for college. It took in tons of donations and paid out lots of scholarships over the years.

Pam Smart had her husband killed around that time too, God I feel old now.....

That was huge at the time, too. For those who weren't around then or were too young: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pamela_Smart

Radio stations played Van Halen's "Hot for Teacher" quite often, during the trial.

As for feeling old, it's fun to now be able to mention things that were 20, 25, and 30 years ago and have people look at you like Mayor Vaughan looked during his barracuda comment on Jaws: "HUH? WUH?"

HBO did a documentary on Pam Smart a few months ago, she looks really rough now. I guess 25 years in the slammer will do that to you! Sorry if I derailed the op's thread....

Bump.

The anniversary of Carol's murder was on 10/23/15. I was away that day (for a few days) with no internet, otherwise I would have posted then.

I can't believe it's been 26 years she's been gone. In just 4 more years, she'll have been gone for longer than she was alive. I was 18 when it happened; back then I thought she and her husband, at ages 30 and 29, were "old". I'm now 44. Today I look at 30 and 29 year-olds and think "young".

RIP Carol & Baby Christopher. [sad2]

----------------------------------------

From January 1990 after the truth came out:

boston_globe_front_page_1-5-1990.jpg

Last edited:
STUART DIES IN JUMP OFF TOBIN BRIDGE AFTER POLICE ARE TOLD HE KILLED HIS WIFE.
I remember when the news media, early in the morning, reported that he jumped off the bridge, and then a few hours later they reported that he was a suspect in his wife's murder.
I remember my wife commenting"How sad, he couldn't go on with out her".
It was shocking to find out a few hours later that he did it.

Last edited:
the brother was a ***k up.

That's a fact.

I met Matthew at a party I attended back in the early 90's. He hung with a bad crowd of people and was accompanied by two "friends" that evening. It was known he was into drugs and because of his presence I left the party early to avoid any potential shite hitting the fan.

I remember it well. What a tragedy.
My wife had just started working at the Brigham and the rumors spread like wild fire that his gun shot was self inflicted. The ER doc that treated him knew right away that his story did not add up and that his wound could not have happened the way he said it did.

I also remember that he said he did not know where he was and the cops found him by listening to how loud their sirens were through his cell phone. I remember thinking what an evil bastard he must have been to sit there, pretending to be lost, to deliberately delay help.
When they fished him out of the water, everyone thought the bastard got off way to easy.

The only good thing for our family is that one of the pieces of shit who killed my brother-in-law died in prison last week.

The Scumbag "died", your BIL was murdered, F**k Flynn, Evans, and the shitbag, my condolences to you and your family.

I remember the day he jumped. I was at work. One of the mail-room guys was out and about and heard about it. We grabbed the TV in the computer room and people all crowded around. WTF,O.

I recall the stupidest thing people said was, "He was dead before he hit the water. You can't breathe when falling like that." "Ummm, what about skydiving?" ". . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "

What shoes did Chuckie Stuart wear? Air Tobins. Why I remember that joke is beyond me.

I remember the incident and arguing with my co workers on the poor black guy the cops arrested for the crime on the innocent till proven guilty part of the law. Sorry I don't remember the guy's name.

Back
Top Bottom