Reloading Bench Photos

my bench. it's since become a bit messier (1200rnds of .38sp later, and a caliber conversion for 9mm, + lots more equipment).

i've since added a shelf on the bottom of the bench (framed w/ 2x6's) that's going to be built into an ammunition / powder / primer storage cabinet. i'm getting a new tablesaw in a couple of weeks, and will build the cabinet then.

reloadingbench4.jpg

Heres my reloading area.
100_7264.jpg

100_7266.jpg

100_7265.jpg

Notice anything missing? No primers! I have yet to load my first live round [crying]

Here's my setup, but I cheated because I didn't build these benches. Back in the 80's I co-owned a video rental store. We were carrying RCA Video Discs until RCA pulled the plug on them. We had 3 bins custom built to hold the discs. When we no longer needed them they were transported to my house to go in my reloading room. Two were modified and bolted together to make a reloading bench and the third was modified and became my casting bench. The casting bench still needs to be reinforced as the top is starting to bend a little under the weight.

Reloading bench:

Reloading%20Bench%2006.JPG

Reloading%20Bench%2002.JPG

Casting bench:

Casting%20Bench%2002.JPG

Casting%20Bench%2003.JPG

I ordered one of these last week on eBay for reloading supplies and other odds and ends. Should arrive today or tomorrow. I'm hoping it helps me keep more organized...

bin7.jpg

I am saving money to start reloading. This thread has given me a lot of good ideas on how to set things up, also how rugged my bench will need to be. Never really thought about all the weight it will support, plus pulling on the press. Great post. Really helpful for somebody just starting!

heh, my bench has been updated a LITTLE bit since i last posted here. enough so that i guess i can justify uploading a few more.

ze bench

DSC_2487.jpg

ze presses (550b and rockchucker), and case prep corner (superswage, trimmer's put away, and hornady powder measure for setting up test loads)

DSC_2488.jpg

ze casting corner: Lee 20lb bottom pour melt pot *FREAKIN AWESOME pot for $60*, .38sp wadcutter mold, and a couple of borrowed molds from a buddy of mine

DSC_2489.jpg

ze fruits of my casting labor last saturday (first day with the new pot set up yielded ~ 1500 DEWC's in a couple of hours)

DSC_2490.jpg

a little bit of 9mm brass. that's the uncleaned stuff. ballpark (by weight) puts me somewhere around 6000 cases.

DSC_2491.jpg

primers/powder are stored in the cabinet to the upper right of the casting bench. yes, there's normally a lock on there (just finished putting stuff away when i snapped some pics)...and no, there will be no detailed interior shots [wink].

brass is broken up in 5 gallon buckets / akro bins / old coffee cans, depending on quantity. tumbled/ready to load brass goes in the clear containers under the bench.

it's a pretty good setup now...although i'm constantly adding stuff/changing stuff (newest edition is the benchtop light/magnifier....which has been AWESOME for what i need it for.

Last edited:
Just a question:
When you have all this stuff, do you have to inform the fire department? I heard of a guy down south who was waaay into reloading, and had to inform his local FD due to his stockpile of powder, primers etc. In case of fire, the FD wanted to know if the were walking into a bomb. True?

Just a question:
When you have all this stuff, do you have to inform the fire department? I heard of a guy down south who was waaay into reloading, and had to inform his local FD due to his stockpile of powder, primers etc. In case of fire, the FD wanted to know if the were walking into a bomb. True?

Most city's & towns require you to have a powder/primer storage permit obtained from your local fire dept. My town is $10.00/yr.
They vary as far a storage limits on these components.

Hey Jasper, what's that heart shaped burn in front of your melting pot?????? LMAO!

heh. twas *SOMEONES* borrowed, and sporadically leaky (especially when unattended for ~5minutes) 10lb Lee pot.

i like to think it's fate. it PROVES my "love" of casting.

beats the hell out of seeing jesus on your grilled cheese.

I scored this bench on craigs list 150.00 Still have not set up my loaders. Not shooting much yet.

A lot has changed since this pic, but this is the jist of my current set up. I have 2 more presses lots more powder,primers,boolits. I have also started casting as well.

240f4fcb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom