• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Reloading Bench Photos

If the t stops hold it laterally but what holds it down?

that's a poor video you can slip mounting hardware of all sorts in the T track system from stops and vises to hold down studs.

also gave this a thought

Then again I might just say **** it and bolt down a 1/2" slab of steel on the bench and D&T as needed

Last edited by a moderator:
that's a poor video you can slip mounting hardware of all sorts in the T track system from stops and vises to hold down studs.

also gave this a thought

Then again I might just say **** it and bolt down a 1/2" slab of steel on the bench and D&T as needed
I have one quick change replacement top plate for my IF press mount, and a series of quick change plates on the way, if I like it, many more will follow. Got one for my bench Grinder too, and for the trimmers

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Give me a week. I'll have it covered in so much shit, you won't be able to see the presses. Lol
My workspace is only about 4 feet long with only around 18" of depth so its normal state is cluttered to say the least. Constantly having to shuffle stuff around to get anything done.

Harbor freight bench made from "genuine Chinese oak". Plugged the holes in the top, reinforced the back with MDF, tossed the useless lower shelf and replaced with 2x6's. Just added the cinder block shelves after seeing it on another post.

I've gotten many ideas from browsing this thread...thanks.

View attachment 205124
View attachment 205125

Ha ha, they don't mention that the oak is 6" scraps finger jointed.

So I have a question on dimensions. Yes I know everything is relative, but has anyone worked off a restaurant style stainless steel table? I have access to a 48" x "36" table with a 4" backsplash for free, just need to order some legs. I'm currently working off a 96" x 24" (full size plywood sheet cut lengthwise and screwed together)

So I have a question on dimensions. Yes I know everything is relative, but has anyone worked off a restaurant style stainless steel table? I have access to a 48" x "36" table with a 4" backsplash for free, just need to order some legs. I'm currently working off a 96" x 24" (full size plywood sheet cut lengthwise and screwed together)

Like a small prep table?
When you get to the point where you bolt the press down, run a brace or some kind of backing on the underneath.
You want to eliminate flex in the stainless sheet top if its not already braced.

Huge bump for the newer members. [cheers]

Thanks for the bump!

From 2008:
My Fortress of Solitude

P6260177-1.jpg

I also used the NEMA reloading bench plans. I first built the bench and painted it, and a few years later built the cabinet. I never got around to painting the cabinet after all the stuff went in it.

Today:

Reloading bench 2024.jpg

Back
Top Bottom