• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Reloading Bench Photos

EC1

NES Member
I'm thinking about putting a new reloading bench together. My old one started out life as a kitchen table, modified it with some alterations, but it is still really just a table. Would like get some ideas from your benches (storage, press attachements etc), can you post pictures of your benches?

Thanks [grin]

I'm thinking about putting a new reloading bench together. My old one started out life as a kitchen table, modified it with some alterations, but it is still really just a table. Would like get some ideas from your benches (storage, press attachements etc), can you post pictures of your benches?

Thanks [grin]

Start here...

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=21033&highlight=bench

Here's mine a couple of years ago. This is made up from the steel base of a computer typesetting
system. I bolted some sides made out of panels from some other typesetting equipment. It must
weigh a good two or three hundred pounds without anything on it so it is pretty steady. The nice
part about the steel frame is that it has adjustable leveling feet so that contributes nicely to the
stability of the setup.
reloading_bench_02_19_2006a.jpg

I also have a nice pdf of the NRMA reloading bench plans in a pdf file if you are interested. This is
a pic I took from the web from someone who built it. My apologies to the owner for appropriating it.

NRMAReloadingBench.jpg

Last edited:
This is from when I first set up the station - I have made some improvements and added some components (wish I had a more updated photo for ya)

P1010001.jpg

EC1 ~ You might want to check this out. It's at Target's web site but not sold in their stores I believe. Good luck.
shooter.gif

411T3Z64Y1L._SS384_.jpg

Available at Targets, online only.

Workbench With ShelfLinks, 6-Pack

$79.99

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-2/qid=1168824692/ref=sr_1_2/601-8727932-1680123?ie=UTF8&asin=B00030L1BY

Availability : Usually ships within 3 to 5 days This item is available online, but is not available in stores.

Prices, promotions, styles and availability may vary by store and online.

• The 2x4basics Workbench (with 6 free ShelfLinks) can be made any size to fit exactly where you need it. It can be made larger than other workbenches available
• You determine both the width and the length when you add your choice of lumber. Simple assembly requires only straight cuts. There is plenty of storage on each shelf that hold up to 1000 pounds
• This workbench can be so much more, too. Great for use as a craft table, tool stand, potting bench, and more. Made of heavy gauge, impact and solvent-resistant, maintenance-free structural resins
• Comes with 6 ShelfLinks for creating additional shelves, 2 clamps, and 4 multi-function hooks
• 22 lbs.

Last edited:
Here's my setup. I built this bench about 30 years ago from the NRMA plans that The Boston Patriot mentioned a few posts above. I had access to a 6' piece of stone countertop from an old chemistry lab, so modified the plans a bit to use that instead of the plywood top. It's served me well and has even survived being disassembled and reassembled as part of two household moves. I've managed to outgrow the storage space in the bench, however.

166_6636.jpg

Very nice bench.
Did it come with that top or did you tack down some mdf?

The bench came as a package from Lowes, but I replaced the cheap top with some mdf that I cut and mounted myself. Thought it was going to be a lot easier then it actually ended up being. I can't complain though because the bench doesn't budge when loading.

Here is my home away from home. The pics aren't very good but you get the idea.

ReloadingRoom013.jpg

I have a 650 and a 1050 with bullet feeder. (thanks John for making me buy this) The 1050 with K.I.S.S. feeder rules. If I start shooting limited again I will buy another 1050 and bullet feeder for .40 S&W.

ReloadingRoom011.jpg

ReloadingRoom012.jpg

Nice setup Pete!

Here's my house of pain:

bench.jpg

I have an L-N-L AP, a Dillon Sq Deal B, and an L-N-L single stage. My "bench" is 4 metal drawers screwed together, topped with a couple of pieces of MDF.

Last edited:
Nice setup Pete!
Here's my house of pain:

I have an L-N-L AP, a Dillon Sq Deal B, and an L-N-L single stage. My "bench" is 4 metal drawers screwed together, topped with a couple of pieces of MDF.

I really like the fact that you have the presses on a small island bench/table. I was thinking of making a stand for my LNL AP out of a pedestal bench grinder stand. Right now I have three presses and a vice on the front of one of my benches and it clogs the bench up so much I loose a lot of work space. My single stage presses are mounted to a separate piece of wood that I C clamp onto the bench, but it is still a pain to remove.

Thanks for reinforcing what I need to do in my reloading room.

B

I have three other benches (general workbench, woodworking bench, and gun cleaning/repair bench) in my basement shop.

I wanted something small for my presses and the stack of drawers has worked out perfectly. I load the drawers up with bullets so the thing has some mass, and I can mount three presses in a 3' x 3' area.

Here is my setup:
IMG_5984.JPG

I had to build little bases to go under the drawer units to get it up to bench hight. Also, I secured it to the wall near the loading press for added stability. I find that if the bench moves, powder spills out of the shells.

EDIT: I was looking at some of the links above and in one of the threads was THIS. That's a very cool idea. I wonder how it works in practice.

I have seen that of which BIG GUN speaks.....It's AWESOME! I'll bring a camera to my bullet casting lessons.

The 2k - 3k rounds in the foreground were obviously placed there as a prop for purposes of the photo shoot and were immediately returned to their geographically distant owners in accordance with applicable ammunition storage regulations! [smile]

Yep....called all my freinds to bring over everything they had, then-I maxed all my cards to get some more. Then we went to the range and filtered every grain of sand for brass and bagged it. THEN, I took this photo.[rofl]

My Fortress of Solitude

P6260177-1.jpg

I also used the NEMA reloading bench plans. I first built the bench and painted it, and a few years later built the cabinet. I never got around to painting the cabinet after all the stuff went in it.

Back
Top Bottom