Rejected!

No, I applied for a LTC so I would be able to own handguns, high capacity rifles and in an ideal word to be able to carry concealed. My FID does not expire until 2011.
Here is my question for you guys. I have 90 days from when the denial letter was sent to appeal. The current police chief is set to retire within those 90 days. Would it be prudent of even possible to wait to appeal under the new chief (who is rumored to be more gun owner friendly) assuming this fall within the 90 days?
I just want to say a big Thank You to you guys for your advice and help. This is why I love NES.

No, I applied for a LTC so I would be able to own handguns, high capacity rifles and in an ideal word to be able to carry concealed. My FID does not expire until 2011.
Here is my question for you guys. I have 90 days from when the denial letter was sent to appeal. The current police chief is set to retire within those 90 days. Would it be prudent of even possible to wait to appeal under the new chief (who is rumored to be more gun owner friendly) assuming this fall within the 90 days?
I just want to say a big Thank You to you guys for your advice and help. This is why I love NES.

Your not going to roll the dice on a Chief that is retiring; a Chief that doesn't mind lawful gun owners and 90 days to appeal;;; Come on now..

[popcorn]

DTR.

Let me put this as plainly as I can.

If you're asking for free advice on an internet forum and you already have a lawyer, you're a fool - you should be asking him.

If you're asking for free advice on an internet forum and you DON'T already have a lawyer, you're a fool.

Which one is it?

For G-d's sake, man! Get a lawyer and stop sticking your foot in your mouth in front of the whole world. PLEASE.

My personal opinion?

I WOULD GET A FRIGGIN' LAWYER!!!!!

Let the negative rep points fly. [rolleyes]

Sure, roll the dice...the new chief will see you were DENIED and DENY you again, get a friggen lawyer if you ever want a firearm permit ANYWHERE in the future.

Seems to be unanimous. You asked everyone for advise, and we all agree. Get a laywer. ASAP.

Update

Hey just wanted to give you guys a quick update. I decided to wait for Quincy's police chief to retire and ask the new one to review my application. There is a variety of reasons I chose to go this route but I wont bore you with them. Today I got a phone call from the new Quincy police officer in charge of licensing. He introduced himself and asked a couple of questions about why I wanted a licence etc.. He said he would review my application and get back to me. I received a phone call about 20 minutes later from the secretary who does the licensing paperwork informing me that the chief had agreed to give me a Class-A Unrestricted. I'm not celebrating yet until I have it in my hand (7-10 day wait because something had to be resubmitted) but I am pretty happy at this point.[grin]

Hey just wanted to give you guys a quick update. I decided to wait for Quincy's police chief to retire and ask the new one to review my application. There is a variety of reasons I chose to go this route but I wont bore you with them. Today I got a phone call from the new Quincy police officer in charge of licensing. He introduced himself and asked a couple of questions about why I wanted a licence etc.. He said he would review my application and get back to me. I received a phone call about 20 minutes later from the secretary who does the licensing paperwork informing me that the chief had agreed to give me a Class-A Unrestricted. I'm not celebrating yet until I have it in my hand (7-10 day wait because something had to be resubmitted) but I am pretty happy at this point.[grin]

WHAT?
WHAT?

CLASS A?
QUINCY???

Holy...

What a difference from one person to the next. It really blows my mind how one person's agenda can f**k things up for everyone else.

I hope it goes through for you.

jsut make sure they arent blowing smoke up your ass so that you burn out the appeal time period.

jsut make sure they arent blowing smoke up your ass so that you burn out the appeal time period.

+1

I was thinking the same thing. What is the date of the denial letter? The OP was on 5/20/2008.

I'd have the appeal ready to go in case this is a stall tactic....

If that unrestricted LTC actually shows up, I'd strongly recommend going out and buying a couple Megabucks tickets. Hey, when you're on a roll . . .

If that unrestricted LTC actually shows up, I'd strongly recommend going out and buying a couple Megabucks tickets. Hey, when you're on a roll . . .

It'd be a waste of money. According to my cousin Paulie's Conservation Of Luck Theory, his is all used up.

Speaking of the recently retired Chief.

And trust me when I tell you, that one cuts him to the quick like you can’t imagine. You see, Citizen Bob is like Superman exposed to Kryptonite. Citizen Bob can’t use his position as a police officer to bully and intimidate kids gathered in a public place. Citizen Bob can’t use his position as (insert supervisory title here) to bully and harass patrol officers who just want to do their jobs and be left alone. Citizen Bob can’t fabricate criminal charges from his bedroom or appeal clerk-magistrate hearings when he doesn’t get his way.

And speaking of gun permits, Citizen Bob had the opinion when he was a police officer that citizens don’t need guns for self-defense. Now that he’s a citizen himself, will his gun permit be revoked like he used to do to so many others? I know Chief Keenan is not petty like that at all, but it’s still a valid observation.

Maybe things really are going to change for LTC applicants in the Granite City.

Back
Top Bottom