Reid claims he'll bring anti gun bill to vote Wed April 17th.

what tv station and who said it.

No idea. My wife was watching the news, and I was in the other room. She told me.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, if they are only short 2 votes, they'll just off that state some money, or that person a free hotel in Vegas.

If anything, Boston hurts the anti's. It again makes it clear it's the nut, the evil person and not the tool or device. The reporters with inside sources says the anti's are 2 or 3 short and it looks to be failing. Ayotte is called a fence sitter along with McCain. Those are two to call.

No it doesn't.

The nut factor was very conveniently and very quickly pushed under the table after Newtown - even though there is clear evidence that there's been a clear trend: that a bunch of these shooters have been on psych meds.

When was the last time you've heard any serious call for looking into how many people are given pharmeceuticals in this country?

The government's own crime statistics show that there are many more deadly things out there - than "assault rifles" - including hammers and fists - bet yet the push for the bans still goes on.

I wouldn't say the Boston incident hurts the "anti" cause at all -especially not if they can pin it on some sort of "right winger" - and then use Boston as the excuse to say "right wingers with guns are crazy" - and put in some sort of mandatory psych eval - by a person the govt. payroll (where do the loyalties lie?) - for any person who wants to get a gun license.

If you think this can't be twisted - you just haven't been paying attention.

This has some ideas on where the votes are now. On Gun Control, the Dems Don?t Have the Votes | Power Line. Durbin says they need 8 R's to cross over. If that is the case, there is no way it's passing.

Also the morning joe idiots on msnbc are crying puddles. The are not a appy, optimistic group of idiots.

What the hell happened to morning joe? That guy used to be at least quasi-conservative?

Has Mika Brezinski's father been browbeating him for too long?

Morning Joe? They have been injecting him with female hormones, and he is now a card carrying communist. Scanning the airwaves this morning, Joe is the only show talking about the background check vote today! This issue has really fizzled out.

As tragic as the boston marathon bombing is, it striped away the "false sense of security" that the government is in control of all situations and you would never need to protect yourself. One armed and vigilant citizen might have spotted that bomb being armed and dropped, and done something about it.

I predict the vote will fail. And thank god for that, the language in the bill is just loose enough to let the gov assert whatever they want to about the meaning of it!

I am not 100% against an improved background check system...what I would like to see is WHAT exactly turns a young kid/adult into a deranged sociopath itching to take out babies? If there was a long and careful study of the exact reasons these nut jobs are doing this, and a system of checks and balances to either lock them up, get them medical help, or prevent them from access to guns....then I am all for listening to that bill. The bill today....I do not see how that is going to really help keeping a dedicated nut job from getting a gun!

Why the gov is pushing this, and the elephant in the corner of the room they are not talking about, is that they fear law abiding constitution loving individual citizens having anything other than a muzzle loader in his possession.

Last edited:
Morning Joe? They have been injecting him with female hormones, and he is now a card carrying communist. Scanning the airwaves this morning, Joe is the only show talking about the background check vote today! This issue has really fizzled out.

As tragic as the boston marathon bombing is, it striped away the "false sense of security" that the government is in control of all situations and you would never need to protect yourself. One armed and vigilant citizen might have spotted that bomb being armed and dropped, and done something about it.

I predict the vote will fail. And thank god for that, the language in the bill is just loose enough to let the gov assert whatever they want to about the meaning of it!

I am not 100% against an improved background check system...what I would like to see is WHAT exactly turns a young kid/adult into a deranged sociopath itching to take out babies? If there was a long and careful study of the exact reasons these nut jobs are doing this, and a system of checks and balances to either lock them up, get them medical help, or prevent them from access to guns....then I am all for listening to that bill. The bill today....I do not see how that is going to really help keeping a dedicated nut job from getting a gun!

Why the gov is pushing this, and the elephant in the corner of the room they are not talking about, is that they fear law abiding constitution loving individual citizens having anything other than a muzzle loader in his possession.

Yup. Until they start calling muzzle loaders "weapons of war" since they were used during the American Revolution.

I was just thinking - watch out, I smell smoke - anyways...

Perhaps the fact that this bombing happened at the same time as this Senate hearing, isn't going to build any added push for gun-control. All that the media (the anti-gunners) are showing now, or talking about now, is the bombing. The agenda on guns is off their tongues for the moment.

Might actually alleviate some of the tension fence-sitters are having on thinking they need to vote yes. Just saying - we know these politicians vote based solely on what is "deemed" the popular opinion. Well, now the popular opinion is off of guns and onto security. And what better security is there, than a gun?

Maybe its just my hopefulness getting the best of me... at least I'm optimistic though ! Haha

Have patience or a barf bag available if watching CSPAN2... Feinsten just stated in addition to the Bushmaster Assault Weapon used by Lanza, he also used an Assault Shotgun Saiga.

Screen%2520Shot%25202013-04-17%2520at%252010.03.54%2520AM.png

More of the same, however.

I can't believe people still listen to her. With all the anti gun hate she spews, who cares anymore.

I hope this thing fails miserably.

Oh boy now she's quoting SC decisions.

Please stop this madness.

- - - Updated - - -

"I have no question, this bill is constitutional." DF

Have patience or a barf bag available if watching CSPAN2... Feinsten just stated in addition to the Bushmaster Assault Weapon used by Lanza, he also used an Assault Shotgun Saiga.

Screen%2520Shot%25202013-04-17%2520at%252010.03.54%2520AM.png

More of the same, however.
Why won't this old hag just die. Not only are her politics terrible, but her face makes me want to vomit.

Back
Top Bottom