Reid claims he'll bring anti gun bill to vote Wed April 17th.

Kelly Ayotte's message box is full and cannot receive any other messages.

Funny thing, no problem getting through to Warren or Cowan.[hmmm]

MA_Shooter, There's plenty of problem getting through to Warren... That bitch refuses to respond to anything. I've called and emailed numerous times to no avail. Aids pick up the phone and basically read me the same email that is sent out to everybody that writes to her. Nothing personal. She doesn't care about the people what-so-ever. But I knew that before the sheep elected her...

I have spoken with Senator Tarr office though, great people over there. He wants the agenda to be towards furthering mental health awareness in people. He has no intention of pushing for anything that has to even do with guns.

This is where it stands now...

The Senate has reached an agreement for 8 additional amendments to be in order S.649, the Safe Communities, Safe Schools Act of 2013. The Manchin-Toomey amendment #715 (background checks) is currently pending to the bill. The agreement results in a series of up to 9 roll call votes at approximately 4:00pm on Wednesday, April 17th. The details of the agreement are below.

It is in order for the Manchin-Toomey amendment #715 to be set aside and the following amendments to be called up:

- Grassley substitute amendment consistent with the summary which is at the desk;

- Leahy-Collins amendment #713 (trafficking);

- Cornyn amendment #719 (conceal carry);

- Feinstein amendment #711 (assault weapons/clip bans);

- Burr amendment #720 (veterans/guns);

- Lautenberg-Blumenthal amendment #714 (high capacity clip ban)

- Barrasso amendment #717 (privacy) and

- Harkin-Alexander amendment relative to mental health, the text of which is at the desk.

Following Leader remarks on Wednesday, April 17th, the time until 4:00pm will be equally divided between the two Leaders, or their designees, to debate the amendments concurrently.

At approximately 4:00pm, the Senate will proceed to a series of up to 9 roll call votes in the order listed below. All amendments will be subject to a 60 affirmative-vote threshold. No other amendments or motions to commit are in order to any of these amendments or to the bill prior to these votes. There will be 2 minutes of debate equally divided prior to each vote. All votes after the first vote will be 10 minutes in duration.

- Manchin-Toomey amendment #715

- Grassley substitute amendment consistent with the summary which is at the desk;

- Leahy-Collins amendment #713 (trafficking);

- Cornyn amendment #719 (conceal carry);

- Feinstein amendment #711 (assault weapons/clip bans);

- Burr amendment #720 (veterans/guns);

- Lautenberg-Blumenthal amendment #714 (high capacity clip ban)

- Barrasso amendment #717 (privacy) and

- Harkin-Alexander amendment relative to mental health, the text of which is at the desk.

Agreement on next amendments to S.649, gun safety legislation; 9 RCV @ 4:00pm | Senate Democrats

And then there's this shit show...

Newtown families ask for meeting with Mitch McConnell

Posted by Greg Sargent on April 16, 2013 at 4:03 pm

A representative for families of the Newtown shooting victims has asked Senator Mitch McConnell to hold a meeting with them, according to sources familiar with the request. McConnell’s office initially declined the request on the basis of scheduling, a source says — and now family members are set to call McConnell and reiterate the request personally.

How will McConnell respond?

The request – if granted — would allow the families to come face to face with the primary architect of the GOP’s strategy of blocking everything Dems propose to slow the tide of gun violence. If it is denied, it would be a big story, and could lend support to the argument that Republicans are callously rebuffing the families — and prioritizing the gun lobby over them – in the wake of a massacre that claimed the lives of 20 Newtown children.

The request — which was made by a representative of Sandy Hook Promise, a group that includes around a dozen family members who are lobbying Washington lawmakers – represents something of a shift in strategy by the families, and carries interesting implications for later stages in this battle. Previously, the families, who had met with many Democratic and Republican Senators, had shied away from asking for a meeting with McConnell, on the theory that they should focus their energy on Senators they deemed persuadable. This irritated Democrats who wanted to see more public pressure put on their GOP counterparts.

Talk about a storm a'brewing... I'm actually loving and looking forward to it. [devil]

Talk about a storm a'brewing... I'm actually loving and looking forward to it. [devil]

Is this for another DNC rumpswab to audio tape the cry fest to leak to the media... Should be a blast.

Maybe they should throw in an amendment to ban pressure cookers, ball bearings, nails, screws and common household chemicals. Because, it is for the children, and no one needs to have a high capacity pressure cooker anymore.

[/SARCASM]

Makes ya wonder if that is exactly what they want!!

Not to sound harsh or cold - because I am still torn up over the atrocity - but that was the FIRST thing that was stuck in my head... I worry sometimes if it's just my paranoia that makes me jump to conspiracies or if it truly is a well founded fear I should constantly be aware of.

I hope the Coryn Amendment passes.

On a side note, I hope the MA legislature doesn't use the events in Boston as justification for passing all the anti-gun bills that are in committees now.

If anything, Boston hurts the anti's. It again makes it clear it's the nut, the evil person and not the tool or device. The reporters with inside sources says the anti's are 2 or 3 short and it looks to be failing. Ayotte is called a fence sitter along with McCain. Those are two to call.

Here's what I want to know.....

It's been ~2 days since the bombing....why isn't there an amendment by feinstein introduced to ban high capacity pressure cookers? If a low capacity pressure cooker had been the only one available to the bomber, fewer people would have been hurt. Where is the outrage over high capacity assault pressure cookers? We obviously need a law....Constitutional freedoms for life, liberty, and the pursuit of steamed broccoli be damned....it's for the children!

/sarcasm

MA_Shooter, There's plenty of problem getting through to Warren... That bitch refuses to respond to anything. I've called and emailed numerous times to no avail. Aids pick up the phone and basically read me the same email that is sent out to everybody that writes to her. Nothing personal. She doesn't care about the people what-so-ever. But I knew that before the sheep elected her...

I have spoken with Senator Tarr office though, great people over there. He wants the agenda to be towards furthering mental health awareness in people. He has no intention of pushing for anything that has to even do with guns.

I need to find a sarcasm emoticon! I'm sure the reason there was no trouble get through to our 'esteemed' officials was b/c there was no doubt in anyone's mind how they would (and have always) voted. Nonetheless, I called to let them know some people do in fact oppose this BS. It was like pissing in the wind but gotta do what you can. I also called some other Senators, FWIW.

I think it all comes down to what goodies Barry will give them in exchange for their vote.

Have you tried smoke signals?

Back
Top Bottom