Reid claims he'll bring anti gun bill to vote Wed April 17th.

Is Cspan2 behind Cspan was on Cspan an hour ago, and now I am hearing a repeat of what I heard before I turned to Cspan2. unless I'm crazy... (If I am don't tell anyone, I don't want my stuff taken away...)

Hopefully the Newtown families will lose interest soon. I'd be willing to bet they are getting paid at this point so maybe not.

I hate the fact that Obama can go on national TV and berate the Senate. Bad form. You lost. Deal with it.

NOTE: These senators voted FOR the Bill and they should be ashamed of themselves.

McCain R-AZ
Toomey R-PA
Kirk R-IL
Collins R-ME

They are still on Cspan2 saying blah blah blah we will pass this eventually blah blah blah fear mongering blah blah blah and they are surrounded by newtown families

Hopefully the Newtown families will lose interest soon. I'd be willing to bet they are getting paid at this point so maybe not.
I find it very hard/impossible to be angry at them. They aren't thinking straight and I can't blame them. They are trying to make sense of the senseless. They are vulnerable to manipulation by agenda driven people who don't care who they have to use to push what they want.

They are victims again of the political machine that wants to disarm us. So, I don't blame them.

Harry Reid voted no, surprise?

How the Senate Voted

he voted no so they can bring it up again..

- - - Updated - - -

They are still on Cspan2 saying blah blah blah we will pass this eventually blah blah blah fear mongering blah blah blah and they are surrounded by newtown families

no, they're replaying it..... that's why it says "Today" in the upper right corner and not "live"
the senate adjourned until tomorrow 9:30, gun stuff at noon or so....

I hate the fact that Obama can go on national TV and berate the Senate. Bad form. You lost. Deal with it.

NOTE: These senators voted FOR the Bill and they should be ashamed of themselves.

McCain R-AZ
Toomey R-PA
Kirk R-IL
Collins R-ME

This

Is there anything Obama can do, if this bill fails in it's entirety??? Can he use an EO or anything to shove it up our ass anyway? Or once it's dead, is it dead?

This bill in particular? No, it couldn't be passed through Executive Order as it's Senate legislation.

Could he try to pass an EO doing the same thing? Perhaps. It wouldn't be legal as EOs are only supposed to be used to direct federal personnel and agencies in the execution of their duties. For example, he could issue and EO directing the BATFE and DOJ to increase the number of prosecutions of straw purchasers. He couldn't pass an EO saying certain guns or mags are now banned.

However, given how EOs have been abused in recent memory, I wouldn't put it past him to try something.

Ok I watched the speech.
I must have heard Obama say 8-10 times 90% of Americans approve. Not any I talked to???
SO he lied, or why doesn't some one check his statistics? Isn't that what the media is supposed to do?
So if he lied about those facts to the Nation in his speech. It should be all over the press and on All media outlets.
Why cannot we just once show him in a lie??
Everyone afraid of him???
Using the Sandy Hook parents. what a terrible thing to do.
And the parent admitted that these laws would not have helped in that case. Are people just watching and not listening to the words??
I do not get it!!!

I am still trying to figure out what this 90% of Americans approve of? What 90%??

Obama was pissed in that video. [rofl]

This bill in particular? No, it couldn't be passed through Executive Order as it's Senate legislation.

Could he try to pass an EO doing the same thing? Perhaps. It wouldn't be legal as EOs are only supposed to be used to direct federal personnel and agencies in the execution of their duties. For example, he could issue and EO directing the BATFE and DOJ to increase the number of prosecutions of straw purchasers. He couldn't pass an EO saying certain guns or mags are now banned.

However, given how EOs have been abused in recent memory, I wouldn't put it past him to try something.

Thank you for the well explained response.

I am guessing that is why he was so pissed off in that news conference he had. He knows he can do nothing.

Until the final vote comes on the entire bill though, I can only imagine the deals to be had behind closed doors, to get people to change their minds...

- - - Updated - - -

It was a close vote. 54-46

I find it very hard/impossible to be angry at them. They aren't thinking straight and I can't blame them. They are trying to make sense of the senseless. They are vulnerable to manipulation by agenda driven people who don't care who they have to use to push what they want.

They are victims again of the political machine that wants to disarm us. So, I don't blame them.

Completely agree...they are being used as pawns. Just wish they would realize it and go back to their homes and be allowed to properly mourn.

The grief period is ipover, it's been 4 months now. They are willful pawns now and happy to be used. Notice how few are pushing this crap. Also, the newtown mom who gave the presidential address last weekend. She used to work for the DNC, so she is using her dead kid to advance her agenda. My sympathy is with the other families and the kids.

Completely agree...they are being used as pawns. Just wish they would realize it and go back to their homes and be allowed to properly mourn.
Mourning is not a rational process which is what makes it so vile to abuse them for political ends...

It is up to those who are not mourning to exercise some humanity.

The grief period is ipover, it's been 4 months now. They are willful pawns now and happy to be used. Notice how few are pushing this crap. Also, the newtown mom who gave the presidential address last weekend. She used to work for the DNC, so she is using her dead kid to advance her agenda. My sympathy is with the other families and the kids.
Seriously, 4 months is nothing when you lose a love one. Honestly, I can forgive a lifetime of lack of objectivity of a parent of a young child being taken like this.

I cannot forgive taking my rights, but I honestly don't ever _expect_ them to be reasonable or rational in their opinions again. Some will be, some already are, some may never be.

The difference and the line is when you start writing laws to enforce your opinions. That I cannot forgive.

This means people will stop their crazy ammo purchases, right?

tumblr_md95uagwKT1qck737.gif

This means people will stop their crazy ammo purchases, right?
There are still multiple states writing "Intolerable Acts" or having recently passed them. I am afraid it will be some time before we see normal again.

We are busy, on a global scale, repeating all the mistakes that led up to WWI and adding some new twists like nukes in NK, Pakistan, India, Iran...

I am sad to say for the sake of my kids that we've had a nice run of relative domestic and even global (in the big picture) peace since WWII while population boomed, resources have dwindled and politicians have done everything in their power to set us up for war.

I think it safe to say the next 50 years will not be as peaceful and "stalemated" as the prior 60 were.

In other words, "hold on Baby Jesus, its about to get bumpy".

- - - Updated - - -

Reid voting no to bring it back up at a later time is interesting...
Indeed, 1 part strategy/leaving doors open, 9 parts covering own ass.

At this point though, he has to know that whatever damage is done to his 'lectables is done. He won't be able to argue his way out of the hate he spewed on the floor toward our rights.

I hate that the president can go touring around the country lobbying for legislation. Its chief executive, not chief lobbyist.... don't lobbyists have to register themselves?

I didn't get a chance to watch any of it, did anyone get a screenshot of Feinsteins face after getting shot down???

You know JACK about losing a child!

He probably doesn't however the point is they are out lobbying for laws that wouldn't have stopped their kids form dying because it wouldn't have stopped Adam Lanza's mother from buying the guns she chose to own.
They are being exploited. Willing or otherwise, I don't expect them to be objective, no one should. Your ire should be directed to those exploiting them.

Back
Top Bottom