Refinished preban mags

Got tired of my prebans looking like junk.

IMG_0741.jpg

IMG_0744.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

Afters

IMG_0750.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

Nice Job. Now you need to get the replacement springs and followers from somewhere like Brownell's or Midway.

The new twisted Stainless steel springs and anti tilt followers cost about 6 bucks per pack of three, and make those old tired mags better than new.

Did it myself. Used an APC to preclean the magazines and then sprayed with CRC Moly Lube.

Have about 10 more to do, just to lazy and cold right now.

All magazines already replaced with chrome springs and magpul followers. No more FTF's :)

ETA
Exact steps:

1. Spray magazine with an APC (all purpose cleaner). In this case I chose Meguiars APC. Then, agitate the magazines with a toothbrush scrubbing all the dirt and grime off the outside (and inside if you wish). Once that is done, dry the magazine thoroughly.
2. Hang the magazine on something. In this case I used a deep cardboard box, cut a wire hanger and slipped the hanger through the magazine and through the cardboard box. This allowed for me to spray the magazine while it was being held by the wire.
3. Use CRC Moly Lube and liberally spray from about 8-10" away. Depending on the condition of magazine, may take 2-3 coats.
4. Apply new chrome springs and magpul followers (or your choice of follower/spring)
5. Profit

Last edited:
Bought it at a local shop. This stuff is hard to find OTC, need to have an account at the shop I bought it at or they won't sell you anything. You can find it online rather easily. Should be around $8 then s/h of course.

Give a call to WT Tool in Stoughton, MA. Ask for John Kattinger (manager) . . . John is current or former Pistol Team Chairman for Sharon F&G. Tell him what you need and how much of it and I'm sure that he'll take good care of you. He's a real nice guy.

I suspect that they carry this stuff or another brand of the same thing.

1234 Washington St
Stoughton, MA 02072-3345
(781) 344-0338
M-F - 0830-1700, Sat - 0830-1200 [I haven't checked lately to make sure that these are current hours]

Rats. I was hoping this was a for sale advertisement for gun mags for all different manufacturers. Well, yours look nice, anyhow.

I only wish we had some sort of consumer advocate at the state who would help us to purchase these goods new.

Rats. I was hoping this was a for sale advertisement for gun mags for all different manufacturers. Well, yours look nice, anyhow.

I only wish we had some sort of consumer advocate at the state who would help us to purchase these goods new.

Back
Top Bottom