Refinish at S & W, anyone had it done?

I have a Model 29-4 that has some pitting on the backstrap and quite a bit of holster wear at muzzle and cylinder. I really enjoy the gun and will keep but I've looked into factory refinishing and it seems fairly reasonable. Standard bluing $145.00 plus shipping etc. I think if requested they'll set to factory specs. as well. My question is has anyone done this or any of the other finishes that they offer?

I'm pretty sure the standard bluing for a revolver is $190 and the high polish blue is $235..

There's a big difference between the three of them. The standard bluing would look like a Model 28 and the high polish bluing would look like a Model 27. The bead blasting is usally only for SS.

The $145 is for rebuilding the whole gun with out bluing. That includes
Trigger Stop
Chamfer Charge Holes
Polish Rebound Spring, Hammer Stud and Yoke Barrel Bosses
Detail Lockwork Surfaces
Stone Hammer and Trigger Contact Areas

Myself I would pay the $235 for the high blue finish and skip the $145 rebuilding if the gun was working fine.

No matter what you choose, your going to be real happy with their work..

I had my Highway Patrolman refinished at S&W. They did a nice job with 1 exception, they got a little crazy with the bead blasting on the edge of the barrel where it meets the frame. That part should be polished and theres a little area that almost looks like over spray of paint or something. Aside from that, its ok. If I had to do it again I would have payed for the deluxe high polished allover job.

I have a Model 29-4 that has some pitting on the backstrap and quite a bit of holster wear at muzzle and cylinder. I really enjoy the gun and will keep but I've looked into factory refinishing and it seems fairly reasonable. Standard bluing $145.00 plus shipping etc. I think if requested they'll set to factory specs. as well. My question is has anyone done this or any of the other finishes that they offer?

I had a Model 17 refinished. They did an excellent job.

M17_Returns_08_29_2007005a.jpg

Picture sucks. The finish was perfect. I sold that gun and got back every cent I put into it as it was in pristine condition then.

Back
Top Bottom