• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"Redcoats and Rebels" this weekend

"Reenactment" this weekend.

66845005_177896659905245_6038954621531658251_n.jpg

Redcoats and Rebels is THIS WEEKEND, August 3 and 4! Plan your day at the largest military re-enactment in New England at www.osv.org/redcoats-and-rebels/ Redcoats & Rebels is sponsored by @thedexteredge

https://scontent-lht6-1.cdninstagra...3&ig_cache_key=MjA5ODg3NDc0NjY0MTYyNDY4NA==.2

Can they still use muskets?

I figured they would ban this by now.

Looks pretty cool though.

The thing that cracks me up is it is just a generic "re-enactment", not of any particular battle. Just like OSV is a "recreation" of a generic oldy-timey town, not any one town in particular; even though a lot of it is from Sturbridge or the area. It is all made up "history", not that there's anything wrong with that.

They DO, however, have a pretty good and really cool firearms collection/museum there.

The impression I get when watching a re-enactment (my town has a company of Minutemen re-enactors) is the War of Independence was fought mainly by really old men.

The impression I get when watching a re-enactment (my town has a company of Minutemen re-enactors) is the War of Independence was fought mainly by really old men.
Men with no teeth mostly. And whatever teeth they had left were probably rotting.

Fun fact ... it was big business selling teeth pulled from dead bodies during the battle of Waterloo.

looks like fun and something to see. i was a meathead and buzzed over this thread for a couple days without opening it. i know myself and 2 others that would have liked to have seen it.
i suppose they get who they get. i've seen wwII reenactments where the german ss reenactors are portly old guys. yeah, right, name me an ss unit in real life that had old fat guys filling the ranks.

looks like fun and something to see. i was a meathead and buzzed over this thread for a couple days without opening it. i know myself and 2 others that would have liked to have seen it.

i suppose they get who they get. i've seen wwII reenactments where the german ss reenactors are portly old guys. yeah, right, name me an ss unit in real life that had old fat guys filling the ranks.

Um, I was going to say your average MA pd but that would depend on what you think "old" is.[laugh]

Um, I was going to say your average MA pd but that would depend on what you think "old" is.
lol. my pd looks like stormtroopers. fit and trim with high and tight hair cuts. we have one portly officer who walks a downtown beat and possibly does more details than anyone. i wonder why and how he still has the belly on him. freebies no doubt from downtown restaurants?

Back
Top Bottom