• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Red Wing on 114 in Peabody, no guns on premises

jhagberg88

NES Member
I know the whole concealed is concealed mantra we use here but if you’re shopping for boots I’d advise taking your business elsewhere.

red wing, boycott, check!

images

This thread title is totally misleading -
I expected to read how they have run out of guns
and they need NES to bring them some more.

P. S. Did they have a sign written in English,
or are they anti-pistol...
5695aebc-4bfc-4a56-8a55-b04119ce8231_1.7edfe4f7bd6712b751b5253c451d36bd.jpeg

...or are they anti-revolver...
file.jpg

Way too much money for boots. I'm perfectly happy with Timberland Pros for the money.
While not made in the USA, my Timberland Pros have been great - comfortable, durable, and only cost about a hundred bucks.

For more "every day" boots I just got Danners over similar Timberlands.

Sounds good to me! Thier boots f***in suck anyway! 20 years in the Construction business and I would rather wear my old issued jungle boots than that over priced shit. As Danny Vermin from the movie Johnny Dangerously would say...”I bought a pair of those once......ONCE!”

While not made in the USA, my Timberland Pros have been great - comfortable, durable, and only cost about a hundred bucks.

For more "every day" boots I just got Danners over similar Timberlands.
Two promotions back, I was a technician working with acid daily. I would usually get about 7-8 months out of a pair of boots. Once I discovered Timberland Pros, I easily got a year out of them, and only replaced them because I got into a schedule of buying a pair of boots through work in the fall, using them for personal wear through the winter, then tossing my old ones in the spring.

For the money, their boots aren't worth it anyway. Not like 20 years ago.
Listened to so many guys masturbating furiously over Red Wings over the years but I never really had the money to drop on them. Finally gave in maybe 8-9 years ago. They fell to pieces like any cheapo boot does. It was a one and done for me. Nowhere near worth the money.

Once again I cant participate in a boycott because Ive already turned my back on them, lol.

eta- My last two pairs have been Timberland Pros. Both are still going strong.

My only issue with my current timberlands are they are so heavy...
But with steel toe and steel bottems(shanks?).. it is to be expected.
Im not even sure if they still make them like the ones i have.

Its like you have a tank on each foot.

Red wing the only store that doesn't want to sell you their product. I went in for my 5 year work boot overhaul. I spend 600 on two pairs of wellingtons whilst the other 2 get resoled or tossed. Last spring went to the Nashua store to order my usual 2. Had to fight to get my foot measured. Then got told I didn't want the same style I've always worn. Had to get a manager who tried to talk me out of them. She hemmed an hawed even when I paid the bill before the boots arrived. I'm surprised they are still in business.

I used to only buy redwings I would buy 2 pair a year. About 6 years ago when they went off shore for there flat sole iron worker boots they only lasted a few weeks. Went to the store when In middlton they exchanged them got about a month out of that set. Then they refused too do anything about there 1 year warranty said I was to hard on there boots and refused to do business with me anymore been getting a year out of every other boot sense. Boycott is on

Back
Top Bottom