• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Red Wing on 114 in Peabody, no guns on premises

Bellville boots are made in the USA and work just fine for me.

This. I'm on my second pair of Bellvilles in 10 years and I couldn't be happier with them. Still had the first pair up to about 6 months ago when they died in a fire. Had a pair of Ranger Joe's cheapo brand before that and those actually held up really well for a pair of $99 boots. Too bad they don't sell them anymore.

This thread title is totally misleading -
I expected to read how they have run out of guns
and they need NES to bring them some more.

P. S. Did they have a sign written in English,
or are they anti-pistol...
5695aebc-4bfc-4a56-8a55-b04119ce8231_1.7edfe4f7bd6712b751b5253c451d36bd.jpeg

...or are they anti-revolver...
file.jpg
Believe it or not most anti gun people don't know the difference between a pistol or revolver. Ignorance is the driving force behind their movement.

No idea how they hold up, but US1 Leathers on 114 in Danvers (next to the former British Beer Works site in the same building) has a small but decent selection of boots. And at a minimum, they DGAF about guns, if not totally Pro2A. When I went in a week or so ago to have a jacket made, they asked me if I wanted the gun pocket option, and ended up talking guns with them for a bit. I had been inadvertently OCing there (t shirt rode up some). Lady said that they didn't care, but wanted to give me the heads up in case someone got bent out of shape so that I wouldn't get swatted

No idea how they hold up, but US1 Leathers on 114 in Danvers (next to the former British Beer Works site in the same building) has a small but decent selection of boots. And at a minimum, they DGAF about guns, if not totally Pro2A. When I went in a week or so ago to have a jacket made, they asked me if I wanted the gun pocket option, and ended up talking guns with them for a bit. I had been inadvertently OCing there (t shirt rode up some). Lady said that they didn't care, but wanted to give me the heads up in case someone got bent out of shape so that I wouldn't get swatted

Thumbs up for US1 Leathers. They sell excellent motorcycle jackets using quality leather that are handcrafted on site. Mine is about 10 years old and still looks new.

Haven't thought of them in years! I briefly dated the owners daughter about 25 years ago

Sounds like a small business franchise owner.....or even a landlord.....made this decision to post no fire arms. I doubt redwings shoes has gone anti. I'd like to see proof if that's the case.

On the other subject......I recently purchased a pair of thorogood boots. 5 months in daily wear and they are comfortable and seem to be on par to last a couple of years. American.....and Union made if that means anything to anyone.

IMG_20180728_101824255.jpg

No shit! I get 6-9 months out of mine. Not even a year!

Oh, and Red Wings suck...

iu
Kid in work had them and they were holding up well for him. I needed new boots and tbh never really developed a loyalty to any particular brand so gave the Pros a shot. Its been well over a year and theyre still holding up well, cant really come up with anything negative to say about them. I spend a good amount of time on my knees (no homo) so the toes are usually the first to go but theyre still hanging in there. Comfortable, not a bad break-in period, laces still ok.

Only weird "complaint" (not really) I can come up with is my left boot, the laces sort of gradually creep to one side until it gets to the point (around every 2-3 weeks or so) where the left side of the lace is a lot longer than the right side so I have to unlace them, even them out and then lace them up again. Always the left boot only and always the left side of the lace that gets longer. Mildly annoying at worst but everything about them has been great.

Kind of unexpected from a meme boot like Tims off the shelf at WorknGear. I bought another pair to replace these when they go but theyre still going.

Kid in work had them and they were holding up well for him. I needed new boots and tbh never really developed a loyalty to any particular brand so gave the Pros a shot. Its been well over a year and theyre still holding up well, cant really come up with anything negative to say about them. I spend a good amount of time on my knees (no homo) so the toes are usually the first to go but theyre still hanging in there. Comfortable, not a bad break-in period, laces still ok.

Only weird "complaint" (not really) I can come up with is my left boot, the laces sort of gradually creep to one side until it gets to the point (around every 2-3 weeks or so) where the left side of the lace is a lot longer than the right side so I have to unlace them, even them out and then lace them up again. Always the left boot only and always the left side of the lace that gets longer. Mildly annoying at worst but everything about them has been great.

Kind of unexpected from a meme boot like Tims off the shelf at WorknGear. I bought another pair to replace these when they go but theyre still going.
That's why I tie a knot in the lace between the first set of eyes....then lace them up. You'll never have them creep uneven on you again.

Thumbs up for US1 Leathers. They sell excellent motorcycle jackets using quality leather that are handcrafted on site. Mine is about 10 years old and still looks new.

no doubt, mine is well over 10 years and still looks great. barely broken in with a lot of miles on it. went there to get a good fit, long arms. thing is a beast

Weird, I've never had that issue before. I just bought a new pair a few weeks ago, first time in 12 years I couldn't expense them lol. The ones I got have eyelets all the way to the top, not the hooks for the top 2-3. I dont like them this way, the hooks make lacing the boots much easier. Price I pay for buying the cheapest Pros Amazon had I guess.

Weird, I've never had that issue before. I just bought a new pair a few weeks ago, first time in 12 years I couldn't expense them lol. The ones I got have eyelets all the way to the top, not the hooks for the top 2-3. I dont like them this way, the hooks make lacing the boots much easier. Price I pay for buying the cheapest Pros Amazon had I guess.
I have the hooks at the top. Does make it easier but also tends to chew up the laces. I dont recall having such a consistent issue with any other pair of boots. Always the same way on the left boot only and every 2-3 weeks. I figured it had something to do with being right handed or something. Its my only complaint with them though, otherwise Im happy.

Timberland pro's usually only last 8 years if you use them while gang banging on the street corner on Friday nights. Real men wear American made Chippewas used daily you can get 2 years out of them gang banging with them a lifetime...just saying. Timberlands used to be great when they were American made now they are just a fashion boot for gangsta's!

What did you do leave them in the sun on the porch? That’s good service life from Tims
I had two pair and rotated between them daily. One pair of the two were lost in a house fire after two years. I got a replacement pair and kept it going, retired a couple of years later, and wore them for two more years after that.

The replacement pair didn't fit quite as well as the originals, and both wore out about the same time.

Still beat the heck out of spending $40-60 every six months!

I believe it. People are oblivious.

Revolvers are revolvers

Semi-automatics are pistols.

Revolvers are (revolving) pistols.

Muzzle loading, cap and ball handguns are pistols.

Semi-automatics are not revolvers

If revolvers are not pistols, why has the term been in use since the 1500s, long pre-dating semi-automatic handguns?

I my world, anything that can be shot one-handed (not shouldered) is a pistol. Revolvers are considered a 'subset' of pistols. But to say only a semi-automatic is a pistol, and a revolver is only a revolver and NOT also a pistol, seems wrong to me. YMMV.

Last edited:
Revolvers are revolvers

Semi-automatics are pistols.

Revolvers are (revolving) pistols.

Muzzle loading, cap and ball handguns are pistols.

Semi-automatics are not revolvers

If revolvers are not pistols, why has the term been in use since the 1500s, long pre-dating semi-automatic handguns?

I my world, anything that can be shot one-handed (not shouldered) is a pistol. Revolvers are considered a 'subset' of pistols. But to say only a semi-automatic is a pistol, and a revolver is only a revolver and NOT also a pistol, seems wrong to me. YMMV.

Oh please, next you're going to tell me squares are rectangles, but rectangles aren't squares. Begone you charlatan!

Back
Top Bottom