Red Flag Gun Confiscation Passes w/135 Republicans Supporting

I've read the text of this proposal. Garrison commanders and PMOs are going to have boatloads of fun trying to put an agreement in place with the myriad of jurisdictions the military population lives in. lol

A very crafty move by Democrats. With the last military now home from Afghanistan, this could be pushed as a PTSD suicide prevention effort, applicable to active military only. While the law has no mental health provisions, active military may have more potential to get mental health services along with a Red Flag than do civilian Red Flag recipients. But I wouldn’t trust the military any more than civilian government to get that right.

Red Flag orders in the civilian sector have not been effective In reducing suicide rates where implemented - they just reduce firearms-suicide rates in some cases but not overall suicide rates. It’s not too late to ask Senators to reject a bill that has no follow-on mental health services as only driving our active military suicide rates higher.

Our military deserve more and better.

There has to be something more to this because I see Nunes and Scalise's names on this list list and both have been solid on RKBA....if they flipped then I dont want to verbalize what my thoughts would be.....

Maybe they got bought off by the Dems by allowing their pork spending requests to be included in a much larger bill.

ALL politicians have a price and NONE of them are "our" friends. The sooner everybody realizes this, the sooner we can kick this shit off.

Ohmygerd republicans are so cool they stand up for peoples civil rights. Let's vote for more of them in 2022, blah blah blah. While we're at it we probably need to send more money to the 'Help Wayne buy some more tiffany cufflinks' rifle association. If only we gave them more money, etc etc. Old Mitchy boy will be ready to toss Americans under the bus so that the big defense contractors can keep their stash of cash. This country is rotten to the core.

To clarify, this was the National Defense Authorization Act FY22, not a standalone bill.

Weird how this guy used a picture instead of retweeting the original source:

Which is how they will pass everybill eventually. Pass this “bill” or no one gets $$$&

Hey man, what did Ray Liotta ever do to you?
maxresdefault.jpg

So yes, Red flag laws are bullshit, but below shows a bigger story I think.

Tami Mugg Bittle
khzMfoYXajs.png
commented on Libby Vasicek Lauer's post: "“For anyone who actually cares about the TRUTH instead of rhetoric. Here ya go: With regard to the national defense bill that included the so-called red flag provision - I voted the opposite of the liberal Democrats. AOC, Omar, Bush - the whole squad voted against the bill because it was too pro-military. The provision that everyone is talking about being a red flag law was actually a dead provision. It’s NOT in the final bill text that we will vote on in the coming weeks. Oh and the provision was only applicable to military - not civilians. Regardless, I would never support a red flag law. Every single member of Congress knew this red flag law was dead on arrival BEFORE the vote but they didn’t want the hassle of explaining their vote. Quite literally, Republicans were saying they weren’t going to vote for the bill because they said their base wouldn’t understand that the provision was dead and they didn’t want to take the time to explain that. Everyone knew that someone was going to post something ridiculous on social media and everyone would freak out. Look at who is fundraising off it… kinda tells you everything you need to know. I, however have faith that our people are smart and deserve to really know what’s in a bill. True free thinkers will be able to cut through the BS and understand that this is a much bigger fight than can be summed up in a tweet. What I voted for was: ✅ Forcing Biden to get Americans out of Afghanistan ✅ Prohibiting him from sending money to the Taliban ✅ Requiring a full accounting and a plan to get/or destroy assets left behind ✅ Sending troops to the southwest border (FINALLY!) ✅ prohibiting Chinese products in our military supply chain ✅ completing a full investigation into the Wuhan lab ✅ Prohibiting dishonorable discharges for our service members who refuse the vaccine ✅ protecting the first amendment rights of service members from the woke left and activist generals ✅ restoring the Iron Dome funding that Nancy Pelosi and the Squad stripped out of the CR earlier in the week. ✅ A pay increase for our troops ✅ Funding for the Florida National Guard who have been the second most deployed guard in the Country. That’s what I voted for. But you aren’t hearing about that are you? There is NO red flag law in the final bill that we will be voting on in several weeks. It was literally a ploy for the Democrats to tell their base they were going after guns. Why would Gaetz and Cawthorn vote yes? Why would the sponsor of reciprocity bill in congress for this bill? Why would any true conservative vote yes if there was a true red flag in it? Makes you wonder…. Hum, maybe someone or some group is making money off this outrage politics? I would start asking why so many Members of congress voted against our military and ACTUALLY holding this administration accountable. This is why we need single issue bills so there isn’t this confusion.” Kat Cammack"

Does this mean if I know someone owns guns, I can just call in an anonymous tip line for the guy and tell the cops I'm 'afraid he might use it to hurt himself or other people. He's been very berry sad and down lately' and the cops will show up in SWAT gear to collect his whole 'arsenal'? Good to know.

So the ERPO bills take peoples' guns because "The person might be a threat to themselves or others."

Do they also take the person's cars, ropes, knives, baseball bats, or golf clubs? Do they take away the person's access to high places, or eliminate gravity? Do they take away the person's prescription drugs? Do they prevent people from buying pressure cookers and fireworks? Can they buy a gallon of gas? Can they still rent a truck?

Because there are many ways for people to hurt themselves or others beyond just guns.

Do they provide ANY counseling or other services to these ostensibly despondent people? Or just take away their guns, thereby PROVING that "they really are out to get them"?

Answer the questions honestly and it becomes evident pretty quick that these bills have nothing whatsoever to do with anyone's safety, and everything to do with just taking guns for the sake of taking guns.

Does this mean if I know someone owns guns, I can just call in an anonymous tip line for the guy and tell the cops I'm 'afraid he might use it to hurt himself or other people. He's been very berry sad and down lately' and the cops will show up in SWAT gear to collect his whole 'arsenal'? Good to know.
In terms of this specific bill, that'd only work if they're enlisted.

Do they provide ANY counseling or other services to these ostensibly despondent people? Or just take away their guns, thereby PROVING that "they really are out to get them"?
This is the core of the matter. When the red flags passed here in the PRM it was paraded around as a mental health bill until 49 hours before passage, then it was a licensing bill and all mention of mental health was removed.

This person is SO much of an immediate threat that we're going to pull their guns away.... and then nothing else. No follow up, no further action needed. The politicians can't even answer such simple questions as "how many of these served ERPOs have resulted in mental health evaluations?"

Back
Top Bottom