Recommendations Needed...

I want to put an aftermarket stock on my Winchester 1300 12 gauge home defense/anti-zombie/TEOTWAWKI shotgun.

I can't decide if I want a folding stock (a la Butler Creek) or something in the telescoping family (like Knoxx).

Both would be verboten on most other post-ban long arms in MA, so it's not the "forbidden fruit" aspect. They're within $20 of each other, so it's not price.

I just can't decide if I want the practical aspect (smaller storage footprint) of the folder vs. the wizbang tacticool telescoping.

Any thoughts/suggestions/reviews would be appreciated...

Thanks!

I don't know if the Knoxx stock you're considering is one of their recoil reducing ones, but I can vouch that the Knoxx stock I got for my 870 really works. I can shoot slugs with it repeatedly without getting punished by the recoil.

I don't know if the Knoxx stock you're considering is one of their recoil reducing ones, but I can vouch that the Knoxx stock I got for my 870 really works. I can shoot slugs with it repeatedly without getting punished by the recoil.

+1 for the Knoxx stock! It tames the recoil of my Mossy 500 shooting slugs to something bearable.

I like the telescopic stock. Its adjustable to the right length of pull (although I always set mine to 'shortest possible' and just left it there), and shooting w/ the stock folded up or absent in questionable at best.

AE

Every so often, you just find a product that works. A 1911. A '57 Chevy or a '32 Ford. Ruger 10/22's. Model 19's. There's a reason that some products become ubiquitous... Knoxx stocks are going to do the same, I think. They'll become the standard for shotties.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I've ordered a Knoxx recoil-reducing telescoping stock.

I'm hoping it will arrive in time for the Pumpkin shoot; if so, I'll drag the Winchester of doom out to the shoot for some 12 ga slug goodness...

I hear a shotgun volley fire coming up... [devil]

I'll be bringing the Winchester shottie of doom as well as the Saiga-20... Should have plenty of shotgun goodness available.

As a side note, what's the preferred load for pumpkin? I'd hate to spend a lot of cash on buckshot if birdshot will do the trick... [wink]

Back
Top Bottom