Recommendations for first rifle for long distance?

Im 40 minutes from reading but its basically a full day . Finding that time to take a fullday to go shooting is not easy for everyone. This is why I never bothered go dip my fingers into “long range”
If I can get to Reading for service rifle a few times a year to shoot the AR thats great for me
No doubt and totally understandable. I wish there were more long range options closer to Boston, but that will never be reality. For folks who are serious about getting involved and are able and willing to spend a full Saturday every other weekend at the range, there are certainly options, people willing to carpool, and the sport is growing. Plus, it's a TON of fun.

For those reading to glean some info for their own purchase this would be a nice week away from home. Bring the checkbook.

This won't teach you everything, but it will get you an ethical shot on long range game. Then I would spend time getting further lessons at the long-range clubs here. Best of luck. Matt

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPZCr1FYb1M

ARC Nucleus 2.0

In all seriousness

1. What is long range
2. Total budget for full rifle or upper and optic

Take your total budget for rifle and optic, 40-60% of that is your rifle budget. (Assuming you have a solid Ammo budget)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom