Recommend me a 22 pistol

My go to is a Ruger 22/45 frame mag disconnect mod and Volquartsen trigger with a Tac-Sol Paclite upper and a TBAC 22 Takedown. Perfect balance, light weight great shoot-ability. I love the 1911 style grips. Plus it’s so quiet it makes me giggle. Exercise your rights!

i never warmed to the 41. bought one new in the mid 70's to shoot gbpl and found it muzzle light. my opinion only. went to a high standard victor from there and settled on my kart .22. but as i said, my .22 now is the m&p .22's. still take the kart out but it's not a fun gun, more of a serious business gun.

Finally getting back... The Ruger revolver came with a 22wmr cylinder also, lots of fun the shoot both, along with 22wmr and 22lr rifles. Single action is fun sometimes also. The Mark II is a good pinker, but the mags are a pain to release and the gun itself is a PIA to clean. Mostly I just want something more similar to a "standard" semi-auto.

With guns ranging from Shield 9's to full-size 1911's and Springfield xD's the while thing is a tough choice. Def leaning towards the SR22 or 22/45. Probably not looking compact though, the longer sight radius and bigger (?) grip are attractive.
22/45 is same pita ass to "clean" also as the MkII

sounds like you need a nice target pistol now.
i see nice target pistols used for good prices often. My knod is still to a older model 41.

you OBVIOUSLY did not read this thread

The MkIV is way easier to disassemble/reassemble.
FIFY - It is the EASIEST.

is the MkIV as difficult as the MkII?
48kvsi.jpg

The mag disconnect removal in the MKIII series makes disassembly/assembly much easier. When you see the complicated nonsense that comes out, it's a wonder the gun even runs with that crap in there.

"It gets easier but it never gets easy" - Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit *

* I believe he was talking about sobriety, not MK-series disassembly/assembly, but it fits.

No love for the colt woodsman?
E3E8E852-9B34-46F4-B450-C5D9B89D7358.jpeg
I have a fifty year old one i got from my dad, still going strong. The squirrels in the forest call it “me killer”

Figured I'd bump this. Nelson has limited numbers of the g44 slide they have been working on.

Back
Top Bottom