Ready to submit LTC/A ALP in Weymouth

The reality is that I live in MA and that I'm at the mercy of the firearm LEO so I have to find something to work to my advantage if I were to get what I want. That's just the way the game is played here. I don't like it as much as you do MassDiver. We all should be granted ALP if we have clean records and are mentally stable. Sometimes we just have to adapt to the situation and play their game with their own rules.

I completely agree with LenS. I've seen too many qualified/smart people got laid off because they can't relate well with their coworkers or upper mamagement.

The reality is that I live in MA and that I'm at the mercy of the firearm LEO so I have to find something to work to my advantage if I were to get what I want. That's just the way the game is played here. I don't like it as much as you do MassDiver. We all should be granted ALP if we have clean records and are mentally stable. Sometimes we just have to adapt to the situation and play their game with their own rules.

I completely agree with LenS. I've seen too many qualified/smart people got laid off because they can't relate well with their coworkers or upper mamagement.

Well, that's good for you. I just don't think you can expect a warm welcome when you come on a gun board and start labeling a guy who is arbitrarily restricting people's licenses as a "good guy." Then again, 1/2 the people on this board probably voted for Obama as well. I always thought that either believe in the constitution or you don't.

As I posted in this thread, I've had an ALP for years and I don't live in Weymouth, but I'm sick of reading all this apologist bullshit for these Cops that are openly abuse their power.

I'm glad you got your ALP, but in this State we are all just renewable away from losing our rights for no good reason.

Massachusetts is the most flagrantly aribitrary state I've ever heard of with regards to who gets what. And when we're talking about the right to possibly protect you and your family, it's very serious indeed.
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
What a pantload!

By the way a little hint in Weymouth talk Military or Harleys!!!!

So what you are saying is he's a good guy because if you know to BS him in a certain way he Might give you most of your rights? Seems kind of rediculous. Paul lucked out, and I applaud him for finding a way through. I was told by the same person right as I walked into his office that I would be rectricted because I didnt meet "The requirements". Seems that him making arbitrary choices on who to restrict doesn't make him a good guy. It makes him a king douche.

ITS EASY FIRESTORM MOVE TO A GREEN TOWN WHERE THERE ARE NO DOUCHE'S!!!!Bostonasphalt and Masdiver will rent the van!!!!LOL!!!

That is the plan, When its a valid option. And overall the plan is to move out of state if the oppurtunity presents itself. But for now, I am where I am, and have to deal with that. If you enjoy having your rights trampled on, as long as the person doing it is "A Good Guy" then you go ahead. I will not be taking that road, as Id rather not just blindly submit to the continued loss of our rights.

Better yet get a lawyer that will show him!!You will have him eating out of the palm of your hands and make sure you post when your court date is IM sure Bostonasphalt and mass diver will help you with your legal fees...And if you want I can get you a good price at Ryder Rental for the truck your going to need to move...So you make sure you post the outcome I will be waiting....

An appeal of what exactally? The law as stands? That pretty obviously wouldnt work. The restrictions on my license? That wouldnt work either, as I wasnt denied I have no recourse through the courts. They feel that since I was GRANTED a license, that its fine. Regardless of the arbitrary restrictions put on it. You cannot appeal restrictions.

Holy cow... reading all of this makes me glad I live in the town that I do. [shocked]

My licensing officer asked required questions (dob, addy, social, any convictions).... then proceeded to shoot the shit about anything and everything.

Never asked why I wanted it... just "you want your Class A right"?

We wrapped it up w/ a handshake, and him telling me I should get my license in the mail in about 1-3wks. Real nice guy and overall good experience.

Last edited:
Firestorm you just got through saying "Your Rights were being Trampled on"So I suggest you hire lawyer and FIGHT BACK!!!!!

Weymouth appears to be a VERY corrupt town as far as the police department is concerned.
Didn't the chief or some high ranking Weymouth police officer get thrown off the department? I believe he was the same cop that was arrested for shoplifting in Walmart.
And wasn't there another cop that was on workman's comp from the force for over 20 years? He finally was ordered back to work after he exhausted all his appeals and the very first day back he was practicing shooting his shotgun and said that he hurt his back. He went out again for an extended period of time..
A real piece of work.Oh and don't get caught for any moving violation in that town, because they will nail you to the wall. No chance at a warning, they ticket you to the maximun.

Last edited:
Weymouth appears to be a VERY corrupt town as far as the police department is concerned.
Didn't the chief or some high ranking Weymouth police officer get thrown off the department? I believe he was the same cop that was arrested for shoplifting in Walmart.
And wasn't there another cop that was on workman's comp from the force for over 20 years? He finally was ordered back to work after he exhausted all his appeals and the very first day back he was practicing shooting his shotgun and said that he hurt his back. He went out again for an extended period of time..
A real piece of work.Oh and don't get caught for any moving violation in that town, because they will nail you to the wall. No chance at a warning, they ticket you to the maximun.

well, its a shitehole town, so I dont have to worry about being stopped as I have zero reason to ever go there or drive through it.

I thought it was a fireman they caught, but maybe I'm wrong. I hate Weymouth and can't wait to move out of the town. I'm not going to state my reasons on a public forum for obvious reasons though.

The moving violations are correct. Weymouth has a huge OC problem as well as Abington, but you never hear anything about that. All you ever see is people pulled over or speed traps. The last few years there is no such thing as a warning. Its the same ones all the time that are always running the speed traps. They do one at the end of my street a lot. I will say its made me slow down a lot overall though.

Well, that's good for you. I just don't think you can expect a warm welcome when you come on a gun board and start labeling a guy who is arbitrarily restricting people's licenses as a "good guy." Then again, 1/2 the people on this board probably voted for Obama as well. I always thought that either believe in the constitution or you don't.

As I posted in this thread, I've had an ALP for years and I don't live in Weymouth, but I'm sick of reading all this apologist bullshit for these Cops that are openly abuse their power.

I'm glad you got your ALP, but in this State we are all just renewable away from losing our rights for no good reason.

You know what MassDiver, the situation in MA didn't happen overnight. We are responsible for voting these politicians in office and then looked the other way when they abuse their power. When the abuse of power is against someone esle, it's ok; but when it involves us, we bitch and moan about it.

Sure, I can move to a different state and make way less than what I make here in MA. I make great money and have nice houses in MA; that's why I choose to reside here. Having an ALP is not my primary concern you see. My primary concern is to be able to provide for my family so that my wife does not have to work and that we don't have to worry about money.

As far as Brian King, I don't think he's a bad guy, and of course, I'm speaking for myself; based on my experience with him. You might have differ opinion, and that's your opinion. Just becase I don't agree with you I'm not welcome here on the board? Regardless, if he has given me a restricted, it would not change my viewpoint toward Brian as a person.

I guess we can't have it all, can't we? Life is a bitch isn't it?

Weymouth has a huge OC problem as well as Abington, but you never hear anything about that.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is an "OC" problem?

Sure, I can move to a different state and make way less than what I make here in MA. I make great money and have nice houses in MA; that's why I choose to reside here. Having an ALP is not my primary concern you see. My primary concern is to be able to provide for my family so that my wife does not have to work and that we don't have to worry about money.

This is precisely the only reason I continue to reside where I do.

I could not have said it better my self PaulT.Bostoncement I just got my house appraised at 675,000.00 not bad for a shithole town!!!!!!

I am so sick of people saying move to a green town or move to NH. The statement is true, but is is like telling someone with a flat tire "Hey you should have bought diffrent tires".

well, its a shitehole town, so I dont have to worry about being stopped as I have zero reason to ever go there or drive through it.

Just out of curiosity, why is my town a shitehole? What do you consider your town, and why?

For the record, my LTC-A is restricted. I would have preferred unrestricted, like my buddy who lives in Weymouth also, but it didn't happen. I don't know how he made his determination, but he did what he did. His demeanor was businesslike and professional, not confrontational or condescending.

For the record, I try not to paint people or places with a broad brush like you are currently doing. Everyone is welcome to their opinion. How they choose to voice it, though, generally says more about the person than it does about their beliefs.

i grew up in brockton and i don't like it. i had heard more gun shots in my neighborhood than i care to remember. had a SWAT team out in front of my house arresting my neighbor for shooting someone while the heli floated overhead... witnessed a shootout next door ...

still issued a restricted A

hated it
bang.gif

Bostoncement are you going to answer Mr. Beerguy?I also have made MY home town WEYMOUTH for the last 41 years and I would also like to know why it is a shithole...And I drive for a living and I can also state this about the police in any town if you get pulled over in your own town police 8 out of 10 times will give you a break.I know shithole Weymouth does.Well BostonAsphalt were waiting!!!!!!!

Bostoncement are you going to answer Mr. Beerguy?I also have made MY home town WEYMOUTH for the last 41 years and I would also like to know why it is a shithole...And I drive for a living and I can also state this about the police in any town if you get pulled over in your own town police 8 out of 10 times will give you a break.I know shithole Weymouth does.Well BostonAsphalt were waiting!!!!!!!

Mr. Beerguy,

it would behoove you to ask your town-mate, 38SpecialD, to use some correct punctuation if you would like an answer.

SCRIV LIVES [shocked]

Its posts like this that made me discount your opinion a while ago. It seems you are more interested in throwing around accusations than discussing your views. I for one dont think that anyone should be able to restrict our rights at a whim. The fact that there is NO APPEAL PROCESS makes it that much worse. But you complaining that we should "Get lawyers" and "Fight back" are just stupid. If there was a process for appeal, it might work. Without one, what good is a lawyer?

If you read my posts Mr. Firestorm I agree with you 100% on the lawyer and fighting back.So take the time and read what I typed then get back to me!!!!!AsphaltCement you are nothing but a JOKE!!!!I have another word in mind but I dont know how to spell it!!!

If you read my posts Mr. Firestorm I agree with you 100% on the lawyer and fighting back.So take the time and read what I typed then get back to me!!!!!AsphaltCement you are nothing but a JOKE!!!!I have another word in mind but I dont know how to spell it!!!

LOL, you don't even have basic reading comprehension! He was questioning your stupid comments of "lawyering up to fight back" because there is no appeals process.

Another "oops" in the book of 38SpecialDeedeedeee

Back
Top Bottom